Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

I didn't quite do enough Homework (maybe).
Posted by: WheatgrassYogi ()
Date: December 19, 2011 05:47AM

Is it worth $220?? Help me out here. The Blendtec Spacesaver blender (15 Amp) is $630...including 1-64oz. jar and 1-96oz. jar.
The Blendtec Chef blender...same Amperage...same Jars...is $850.
If it was you, which one would you buy? I have already purchased the Chef. I'm pretty comfortable with it because the 30 pre-programmed blend Cycles of the Spacesaver is, to me, a Liability rather than an Asset. The Chef has 3 programmable Buttons...nothing pre-programmed. However, I do like the small footprint of the Spacesaver......WY

[www.jlhufford.com]

[www.jlhufford.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I didn't quite do enough Homework (maybe).
Date: December 19, 2011 01:25PM

WheatgrassYogi Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> .......The Blendtec SpaceSaver blender (15 Amp) is $630...including 1-64oz. jar and 1-96oz. jar.
The Blendtec Chef blender...same Amperage...same Jars...is $850.

Blendtec makes it difficult by not showing the SpaceSaver touch-pad. I searched everywhere online, but just couldn't find one. If anyone can find an image of the SpaceSaver touch-pad, I'll be eternally grateful.
However, without having seen one, I still think you made the best decision in buying the Chef. You make your first smoothie in it today. Tell us how that goes......WY

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: December 19, 2011 05:50PM

i think you did too .. the footprint might be better on the other but if you dont like the controls you dont like the controls

im with you ... i dont want multiple speeds .. just on off and go lol

its kinda like how i feel about cars ..i dont like driving standard ..too much fussing around ..clutching and un-clutching and shifting .. i like my automatic ! turn the key , put it in gear and go grinning smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Date: December 19, 2011 06:09PM

Jgunn Wrote:
> ....... i like my automatic ! turn the key , put it in gear and go grinning smiley

I'm with you Jodi. I must confess that I don't wear my Seatbelt, even though it's required by Law here in Florida. It's too much fuss for me since I usually only drive a short distance to my Food Market everyday....bet you don't do that?......WY

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 19, 2011 06:50PM

Oh WY, you know the stats show that most accidents happen close to home... Wear your belt please, especially for short trips. It's such a small thing to buckle up and such a HUGE return on your effort. One hard smack to the front of your head and you can kiss your personality, intelligence, and even your ability to function goodbye. Buckle up or we'll all be forever worrying about you.

Date: December 19, 2011 07:25PM

coco Wrote:
> ....... Wear your belt please, especially for short trips.

Well, since it's you Coco, I'll consider it even though it goes flatly against my Philosophy. To wear a Seatbelt implies that there might be an accident. I refuse to have Smoke Detectors in my house for the same reason...they would indicate that there may be a Fire......WY

Date: December 19, 2011 10:35PM

ACK!

A friend of ours was staying with friends last year when their place caught on fire. They lost everything but managed to get out and rescue the goldfish on the way, thank goodness they were OK. She didn't put smoke detectors in the place or maybe even know that they were there but they saved her life none-the-less. I think it's ok to take precautions, it doesn't have to undermine one's sense of rightness and safety. It's all a mind-set after all.
I keep working smoke and carbon monoxide detectors in our home, fire extinguishers too. I have a fully stocked emergency kit for the apartment as well as one for the car (that I don't even own yet). It's not that I anticipate trouble, it's that I like to be prepared and am irritated when I want or need something and it's not there. I moved all the sewing stuff to a studio space and then couldn't find a needle and thread to repair a little something at home the other day, I was SO mad until I remembered that I keep a sewing kit in the emergency supplies. LOL. "Be Prepared", it's more than just the Boy Scouts motto.

Date: December 20, 2011 10:00PM

WY - not having a smoke detector in the home doesn't mean there's no longer a possibility of fire etc. I think I understand your reasoning though, that the presence of smoke detectors can give people a false sense of security, so they may not be as vigilant as they should be, yes?

My blender has three speeds plus a pulse button, which is really handy. And it's all I need.

Cheers,
geo

Date: December 21, 2011 02:24AM

geo Wrote:
> .....I think I understand your reasoning
> though, that the presence of smoke detectors can
> give people a false sense of security, so they may
> not be as vigilant as they should be, yes?
No, that's not what I had in mind. I guess it's just a Philosophy-of-Life with me. Preparing for the 'Negative' only brings it to you quicker. I don't carry Insurance of any form....Car, Health, or House.

> My blender has three speeds plus a pulse button,
> which is really handy. And it's all I need.
I couldn't Live with one like that because Blending is what I do. But if you're Happy with it, that's all that matters......WY

Date: December 21, 2011 11:25PM

Ok, I get it WY, thx and peace, as their is logic in your reasoning.

Posted by: pborst ()
Date: December 23, 2011 12:24AM

Um... Henry... looks to me like you are breaking the bank.. Think I've answered your other question on the other threads... so.... whoops. time flies.. best

Paul

Date: December 23, 2011 02:23AM

pborst Wrote:
> Um... Henry... looks to me like you are breaking the bank..
What's Money for?

> .....Think I've answered your other question on the other threads...
Yes, you've done Great. I'm all set with 2 blenders...and I like them both......WY
P.S. It's not too extreme when you consider that Jay Leno owns over 200 cars.

Posted by: pborst ()
Date: December 23, 2011 03:56AM

With Leno owning Blendtec, I'd wonder if Letterman had stock in Vitamix... d'oh.. whoops sorry that was Conan... my bad. (what the hell does that mean anyway, my bad, my bad what? it's a possessive pronoun and an adjective used in lieu of an apology, like I'm sorry.. or I made a mistake... or something like that.. "my bad'??? that is what passes for English these days? ... sheesh. winking smiley

Paul

Date: December 23, 2011 12:36PM

Date: December 24, 2011 03:47AM

This is abit off topic, but that made my think of how difficult it is when Australian Indigenous people are trying to understand the Oz colloquial language.

For example, I might say, 'You don't want to go to town, do you?'.

To the Oz Aboriginal it means that you have already answered for them by saying that they 'don't want to go to town', but also asking them if they want to. This is very confusing for them, as they don't know how to answer. Therefore, they give the impression that they are stupid or something. But they are far from stupid; afterall, I believe that they are the first culture to have utilised 'mind mapping' techniques since they didn't need a written language. They expressed themselves through art, songs, stories and dancing that was very complex.

Western culture have only fairly recently (last three decades) discovered the benefits of utilising the right hemispheres creative and spacial capacities together with the left hemispheres logical analytical dominance.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables