Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

My Blendtec is still Leaking.
Posted by: WheatgrassYogi ()
Date: December 27, 2011 01:18PM

I've tried several different Lids, but to no avail. It looks like Blendtec could design a lid that fits tightly enough to keep the contents in the jar rather than leaking out. Blendtec lids 'slide' into place...Vitamix lids 'snap' into place. I've never had my Vitamix to leak.
It's getting to the point where I dread using my Blendtec Chef blender.
I called Blendtec Service yesterday, but they are closed for the Holidays.
Damn, I'm getting a bad taste in my mouth......WY

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: My Blendtec is still Leaking.
Date: December 27, 2011 10:49PM

Maybe it's just me. I remember years ago when I owned a Norwalk Press juicer. I never could get the hang of the Triturator. Many times I'd end up with Carrot Pulp on the wall and counter. One time I even got some on the ceiling. That's when I decided I'd had enough. I may have to do the same thing with my Blendtec Chef blender......WY

Posted by: pborst ()
Date: December 29, 2011 05:10PM

are you overloading it? how high are you filling it? If you are overloading it, no lid will help, trust me.

Date: December 29, 2011 05:12PM

experiment loading no higher than the 48 ounce mark... run a batch and tell me your result.

Date: December 29, 2011 08:31PM

pborst Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> are you overloading it? how high are you filling
> it?
That's probably it. But even when I blend a small batch, the contents are splashed to the top, making a big mess on the top even when there is no leakage. My Vitamix blends with a Vortex that keeps the contents from splashing....the lid stays Dry.
I will say that my Blendtec Chef has more Power than my Vita-Prep 3. But what good is that if I Hate to use it??
I'm going to work with them more with blending the same ingredients in each, and see if I can't learn to use my Blentec. Over the years I've learned to use my Vitamix. I have a bad habit of always trying to find something better.
Paul...Thanks for your input......WY

Date: December 29, 2011 08:40PM

Henry,

Blendtec carafes are shorter and wider. You know this. Presumably you knew this before you bought the bloody thing. You can't fill a blendtec carafe the same way you fill a vitamix carafe. You are setting yourself up for failure. If the weight on the hard lid doesn't do it at 72 ounces... then I am out of answers.

My blendtec 96 ounce carafe has more useable capacity than my Vitamix Pro though the latter's lid snaps tighter. Blendtec lids are more tentative and require a lower fill point for the design of their carafe.

Henry, based on what you are telling me, you are over filling it. It's a Blendtec, not a Vitamix. The carafe is shorter and wider. And you have to respect the design ... reduce your load and try again. That's the only way. don't overload it.

Paul

Date: December 29, 2011 08:43PM

and if you want to go higher, put a weight on the lid. hard lid not the soft lid.

Date: December 30, 2011 01:34AM

pborst Wrote:
> ...... hard lid not the soft lid.
Does the hard lid have a small hole...say about 1/4" diameter? I've looked online, but can't find one. eBay doesn't even have one. I guess Blendtec.com might have them......WY
P.S. It was what I was blending that caused the leakage. I'm all set now.
Thanks for your fine support.

Date: December 30, 2011 04:22PM

[www.wasserstrom.com]
try here. $5 plus shipping.

If wasserstrom doesn't check, partstown has 11 of them in stock $6. [www.partstown.com]

No hole in the hard lid.

Do you lift weights? put a small weight on the hard lid. 2.5 to 5 lbs. should do it.

Paul

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/30/2011 04:23PM by pborst.

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: December 30, 2011 06:05PM

im thinking if you are really not loving it .. it should be replaced and try something else smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Date: December 30, 2011 08:06PM

Jgunn Wrote:
> im thinking if you are really not loving it .. it
> should be replaced and try something else smiling smiley
I guess you're right Jodi. This isn't like Marriage...remember? There you could learn to Love. But that never seemed to work either.
I'm going to play with my Blendtec a while longer. I do like the feature of programming my own personal Smoothie. Nothing is pre-programmed with the Blendtec Chef blender......WY

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables