Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Juicing Recipes
Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: December 28, 2011 05:28PM

Hey, does anyone have any good juicing recipes that i could use for my site and well for myself aswell lol. I will include who they are from if you wish also.

Thanks.

[www.vegankingdom.co.uk]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/28/2011 05:28PM by powerlifer.

Re: Juicing Recipes
Posted by: Xamot ()
Date: December 31, 2011 04:39AM

— 1 bunch Red Chard
— 1 bunch Parsley
— 1 Lemon (UNpeeled if organic; peeled if not organic)
— 1 bunch Purple Kale
— 2 Carrots (peeled or unpeeled...your choice, depending on how 'clean' they look and/or if they are organic or not)
— 1 Apple
— 2-3 in. piece Ginger
— 1 Cucumber
— 3 heads Celery

I found this online and have enjoyed it now that I have my Omega 8006. Good juice this is!

John

Posted by: fruitylou ()
Date: December 31, 2011 07:28PM

What pairs well with cucumber? Made some cucumber juice today but it really needed a kick.

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: December 31, 2011 07:47PM

well .. cucumbers are part of the melon family so maybe try juicing it with a honeydew or cantaloupe see how that goes smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: January 01, 2012 04:40PM

I like celery to compliment cucumbers or a little carrot.

[www.amlaberry.co.uk]

Posted by: WheatgrassYogi ()
Date: January 05, 2012 06:28AM

If you want a "Man's Juice", then mix 2 to 4 ounces of Wheatgrass Juice with 16 to 20 ounces of Carrot Juice. You Ladies just cut the portions in half......WY
P.S. Start each day this way, and in a few weeks you'll feel like climbing Mount Kilimanjaro.

Date: January 09, 2012 05:18PM

WheatgrassYogi Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If you want a "Man's Juice", then mix 2 to 4
> ounces of Wheatgrass Juice with 16 to 20 ounces of
> Carrot Juice. You Ladies just cut the portions in
> half......WY
> P.S. Start each day this way, and in a few weeks
> you'll feel like climbing Mount Kilimanjaro.

Is Wheatgrass that good for you?

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: January 09, 2012 07:41PM

WY, I am curious why you seem to make a point of viewing men and women as so different. Maybe it was just a joke but I fail to see how a "lady" (I prefer being called a woman, if it's necessary to point out my genitalia at all) could not handle that amount of wheatgrass, unless you are going by average weight by gender...

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 09, 2012 07:46PM

I assume it's about weight but it would be more accurate to indicate that as some women are not tiny and some men are. Even then, not everybody can take that much WG regardless of size, some people just can't have any at all without feeling or getting ill.
2-4 oz of wheatgrass would be way too much for me, the most I could ever handle was a shot and a half, 2 oz if I spaced them out over the course of the day.

I love watermelon juice SO much but that's for summer (which I'm missing). Fruit juice with cherry is amazing too, I make it with a base of apple and cucumber.

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: January 09, 2012 08:07PM

Truth be told, I am NOT a fan of wheatgrass. The very odor makes me nauseated and I take cues from my body. It literally tastes like liquified front lawn. No thanks.

WY: Please don't read into my remarks any hostility. I just get irked a bit because I have read things from you about us 'ladies' that came across (at least to me) as a bit patronizing. I am not sure your age, but perhaps you are older and it's generational. I am far from a rabid feminist, to be clear here. No harm, no foul. smiling smiley

Posted by: WheatgrassYogi ()
Date: January 09, 2012 11:11PM

banana who Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> WY: Please don't read into my remarks any hostility. I just get irked a bit because I have read things from you about us 'ladies' that came across (at least to me) as a bit patronizing.

Sorry if I offended anyone, it would pain me to do so. I hold you all in High Esteem. I have a very serious illness....it's called "open Mouth...insert Foot Disease".......WY
P.S. As far as dosage goes, I just feel Men (on average) can take a larger serving of Wheatgrass Juice than Women. No disrespect intended.

Date: January 10, 2012 03:19AM

I would assume that his use of satire was not meant to be offending. Lets not make a mountain out of an ant hill.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables