Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Need new juicer! help!
Posted by: rzman10001 ()
Date: December 31, 2011 06:13PM

Ok, I want to get a new juicer! I am considering a Omega single auger or the Samson Advanced single auger. I juice alot of wheatgrass and three or four juices a day. I have tried the Greenstar twin gear but it took alot of wheatgrass to get a few ounces from it, not good. And cleanup was a bit more involed. I would love to have one when I have enough space to have a wheatgrass juicer also. I have researched this a bit and am quite sure I want one of these two or another great single auger.
The problem I am having with the Samson six-n-one I have now is that the screen keeps breaking because of all the wheatgrass I juice. The Samson Advanced is supposed to be made out of some better plastic. I don't know much about the Omega accept that people like it.
I have juiced heavily for the past eitght years with mine now so kinda would like to stick with the Samson brand but people tell me that the Omega is very good! Thanks in advance for the help.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Need new juicer! help!
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 01, 2012 01:50AM

Hi rzman,
I've an 'Angel' juicer, which is all stainless steel, and together with Paul, have given a pretty good run down on the Angel's operation etc. in other posts here. But if you juice more than once or twice per day I'd recommend the Omega 8004 or 8006. They're the same juicer, only different colour and fifty bucks extra for the 8006. I've never used an Omega, but the reason why I'd recommend it, is due to the positive posts on this forum, and that it must be easier to clean up than the 'Angel'. Howerver, you'll get more quantity out of the Angel.
Some people have a hand operated wheatgrass juicer, as well as one for the bulk of their juicing needs.
I see that you've posted on another forum here, and yes, it does get more use than this one.

Cheers,
geo

Date: January 02, 2012 12:55AM

I meant to say three or four juices a week, but at one time I did do one or two a day!

Date: January 04, 2012 07:52PM

Well in that case rzman, and based purely on juicing I'd recommend the Angel. Though if you want to include price, then you may prefer the Omega 804

Posted by: WheatgrassYogi ()
Date: January 04, 2012 08:40PM

geo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> .....and based purely on juicing I'd recommend the Angel. Though if you want to include price, then you may prefer the Omega 8004.

I would agree. However, money alone shouldn't be the deciding factor. I think ease of use and cleanup rank pretty high......WY

Date: January 05, 2012 12:47AM

Thanks guys, hope to hear from more people before I decide. For now I am quite sure I want a single augar brcause of all the wheatgrass I am doing. Again I am doing about three juices a week and a lot of wheatgrass. Anyone have a Samson Advanced?

Date: January 05, 2012 01:45AM

rzman10001 Wrote:
> .....Anyone have a Samson Advanced?

I used a Samson 6-in-1 for years before I started using the Omega line of juicers. The Samson is a good juicer, but (trust me) you'll like the Omega 8004 better......WY

Posted by: skuli ()
Date: January 05, 2012 02:02AM

I bought an omega 8004, no regrets. It cleans quick and works well

Date: January 07, 2012 05:31PM

I would love to know if anyone has had a screen break with the Omega with the use of wheatgrass, it appears that the screen is not made of Ultem but maybe the design is better than the Samson. The Samson is all made of Ultem and also has the attatchments to make oil and other stuff wow.

Date: January 08, 2012 08:17AM

WheatgrassYogi Wrote:
> ......The Samson is good juicer, but (trust me) you'll like the Omega 8004 better......WY

After seeing the Samson Advanced, I'll have to change my comment. Even though I like many features of the Omega 8004, the Samson 9004 has many good features too. You can't go wrong with either. Let us know what you decide......WY

Date: January 11, 2012 01:01AM

WheatgrassYogi Wrote:
> WheatgrassYogi Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > ......The Samson is good juicer, but (trust me)
> you'll like the Omega 8004 better......WY
>
> After seeing the Samson Advanced, I'll have to
> change my comment. Even though I like many
> features of the Omega 8004, the Samson 9004 has
> many good features too. You can't go wrong with
> either. Let us know what you decide......WY

Someone told me that the Omega was more efficient especially with cucumbers can you agree with that Yogi, and also, again have you had a screen break when juicing wheatgrass. Thanks Chris

Date: January 11, 2012 02:46AM

rzman10001 Wrote:
> .......again have you had a screen break when juicing wheatgrass.

The screen of the Omega 8004 is designed not to break, and the Samson Advanced screen has been redesigned not to break. The Samson 6-in-1 screen is the only one that breaks, as I understand it.
When I juice Wheatgrass, I use a Wheateena Green Label......WY

Date: January 14, 2012 01:15AM

Thanks again all, it will be a hard decision. I hate change damit! lol. I think the Omega will be the new juicer but I will look for more feedback because I don't have to buy today. It's so hard to find someone who has experience with many juicers using a wide variety of mediums. I will say one thing the, Samson people have treated me well and parts are not to expensive. The 6 in 1 is good with wheatgrass but not good with soft things like cucumbers

Date: January 14, 2012 01:58AM

rzman10001 Wrote:
> Thanks again all, it will be a hard decision.

Don't be afraid to make a mistake. I have purchased many, many Juicers over the years to come down to the Four I now own. If you want only One juicer for everything, then the Omega 8004/8006 is your Best choice. Then, when you get some experience under your belt, you can experiment with the Super Angel, Norwalk,..etc. if Juicing gets into your Blood......WY

Date: January 14, 2012 03:04AM

I agree with WY, and there's not a lot of initial outlay for the omega in comparison. However, the 'Angel' will do everything, but you'll need to buy the extra screens.

Happy juicing, geo

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables