Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Blender comparison....Blendtec Chef vs. Vita-Prep 3
Posted by: WheatgrassYogi ()
Date: January 04, 2012 04:24PM

Not many, if any, of you are interested in this, but I feel I must get the information out.
Some of you may be aware that my Vita-Prep 3 (by Vitamix) developed a short in the low end of the variable-speed dial. I could no longer depend on my VP-3, and decided to replace it. I searched the Blendtec line of Blenders, and found the Chef (see attachment). After using both machines for a couple of weeks, first one then the other, for making Green Smoothies, there is a clear Winner.
Letting the parameters be (1) Power (2) Controls, and (3) Blade and Jar design, I was off and running. Never have such high expectations met with total disappointment.
For the sake of Review length, the Chef won (1), and the Vita-Prep 3 won (2) and (3). I've decided to let the Vita-Prep 3 be the blender I keep, and use on a regular basis. The deciding factor was the Jar Leakage of the Chef. The VP-3 has a nice Vortex that keeps the ingredients in the Jar. The Chef has a splashing movement (with both Jars). That up-and-down motion throws the contents to the Lid creating a big mess, and usually jar leakage......WY

[www.jlhufford.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Blender comparison....Blendtec Chef vs. Vita-Prep 3
Date: January 05, 2012 04:38AM

WheatgrassYogi Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ......Letting the parameters be (1) Power (2) Controls, and (3) Blade and Jar design

I might say a few words about the Controls. The Blendtec Chef has a TouchPad of buttons. Three of the buttons are programmable (not pre-programmed). At first I thought I'd like that, until I discovered that every Green Smoothie is slightly different, even though the same ingredients are used. This requires the manual buttons (of the Chef) and dial with High switch (of the VP-3). The buttons are small (about 1/8" in diameter...not user friendly). I found them not as manipulable as the dial and switch of the VP-3. i.e. The VP-3 was more fun to drive......WY

Date: January 05, 2012 01:34PM

WheatgrassYogi Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Letting the parameters be (1) Power (2) Controls, and (3) Blade and Jar design, I was off and running.

This Topic is going over like a Pregnant High Jumper.
Perhaps I'll write a few words on the Power of the two units. The manual buttons of the Blendtec Chef have speeds of 1 to 20, and back. There is a High Pulse button set at 17, and a Low Pulse button set at 9.
The Vita-Prep 3 has a variable speed dial of 1 to 10, and a high Pulse switch that takes the blender speed to the next level. I felt both machines had adequate power to Micronize any Produce, with the edge going to the Blendtec......WY

Posted by: adamlogan ()
Date: January 20, 2012 11:39AM

Check out the Blendtec Total Blender Designer Series. I LOVE the interface and how slick it all is, easy to clean carafe, even the base is easy to clean (no physical buttons), This unit is definitly rocking in convenience and design/minimalism/functionality. My only grips is the lid, I don't like the hole in the lid and the plastic piece that fits in the hole gets stuff inside of it.

I'm not certain what the difference in power equates to in real world usage though. I just know the electricty in this house sucks and I don't want to be using my blender in the pantry room where the laundry machines are.

[www.blendtec.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables