Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Acme 6001 vs omega 9000
Posted by: skiezo ()
Date: January 12, 2012 03:59PM

New here and will be asking a few questions.
Are these the same juicer or is one better than the other?
Thanks Brian

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Acme 6001 vs omega 9000
Posted by: WheatgrassYogi ()
Date: January 12, 2012 05:33PM

skiezo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> New here and will be asking a few questions.

Troll Attack!!! Dive..Dive..Dive

[www.youtube.com]

Date: January 12, 2012 07:20PM

I hope all the people on here are not such as/h*#@s.
I started a grain/raw diet about a year ago and am looking for a new cent. juicer.
So I found this message board and post a question and some jerk post that smart a$$ reply.
I am getting ready to buy an new Omega 8004 as my old champion is dying and need a new centf.style juicer.
With my son a Bio. major in collage and a bit to the left he has really opened my eyes to my eating habits.
Since starting this diet I have more energy and feel better overall. I just hope there are other people on here that can answer some of my questions beside that wheatgrass yoga dude.
Sorry If I sound like a jerk, I really just wanted an answer to my question.
So far, I am not so sure about this message board.Hope it gets better in the near future.

Best regards
Brian

Date: January 12, 2012 07:52PM

skiezo Wrote:
> So I found this message board and post a question and some jerk post that smart a$$ reply.

That Jerk was me. I just detected something Phony about a question on two Juicers that have been obsolete going on 20-years......WY

Date: January 12, 2012 09:04PM

I just like the quickness of this style of juicer. I can do a glass of juice in the morning in just a few mins. and it is a breeze to clean with the paper liner.
So if it is obsolete why is the omega 4000/9000 still available for sale at most sites.
Also I am in between the omega 8004 and the samson advanced. Both seem like very good products but the omega ha a 15yr. warranty. Or are these the same thing with just a different name?
Thanks Brian

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: January 12, 2012 10:30PM

skiezo Wrote:
> I just like the quickness of this style of juicer.
> I can do a glass of juice in the morning in just a
> few mins. and it is a breeze to clean with the
> paper liner.
> So if it is obsolete why is the omega 4000/9000
> still available for sale at most sites.
> Also I am in between the omega 8004 and the samson
> advanced. Both seem like very good products but
> the omega ha a 15yr. warranty. Or are these the
> same thing with just a different name?
> Thanks Brian

Welcome, Brian...Sorry about that other person. He calls himself a yogi, too! Interesting...How much are they selling the 4000/9000 for? I have the 8006 and am very satisfied. I paid $300 with free shipping and I see now that the price has dropped. The warranty is for 15 years, also. I don't think you can beat it. smiling smiley

Date: January 12, 2012 11:46PM

The omega 9000 is selling in the area of $200 new. I found one on my local CL
for $50 and it includes the citrus attachment and blank warr. card.
I had an old acme brand for like 20 years and it died.It suited a need at the time did work fairly well. I was just wondering if the new one are better than the old ones. They look the same new vs.older style.
I am also looking at either the 8004 or the samson advanced. I found they are both made by the same company overseas so they are one in the same from what I have found.
Thanks banana for the pleasant reply.

Posted by: rzman10001 ()
Date: January 14, 2012 01:08AM

Sounds like you enjoy the centufugal type juicer and you might not be happy with a Auger sytle unit as the 8005 or the Samson Advanced. They are designed to be able to juice wheatgrass and sprouts also. It's hard to find good info on juicers and none are perfect you just have to pick the best you can for your needs. The best all around is the Greenstar Twin Gear but I think is more than you need at this. Dig into the archives you might find some more answers.

Date: January 14, 2012 01:36AM

rzman10001 Wrote:
> ....... Dig into the archives you might find some more answers.

Some of the people who post here are very knowledgeable, and can answer questions immediately. Ask your questions, but it's best to ask what you don't know. If you do know, then make a Statement.
I owned an Omega 9000 many years ago. In fact, it was my first Juicer....built like a Tank......WY
P.S. Skiezo....Be Honest. Were you serious about your original question? If you were, then I totally mistook you.

Date: January 15, 2012 04:48PM

I was/am serious about my fist question. I was pressed for time and could not elaborate when I posted that question. I did pick up the Omega 9000 on CL for the amount of $40. It will suite my needs till I figure out what I would like a juicer to do exactly. At the present time I will be doing mango/carrot/celery with the 9000.
I will also use the citrus attachment as I love fresh OJ with a mixture of hamlin/blood oranges with some red grapefruit thrown in for a bit of tartness.
Once I do figure out what I expect from a juicer I will get an auger style or other style juicer.
WGY. Sorry about my first post. Please do not take me the wrong way. It just took me back for a few.
Hope we can kiss and make-up. All is well.
I will take your suggestion and ask what I do not know.
Thanks Brian

Date: January 16, 2012 07:54PM

skiezo Wrote:
> ..... At the present time I will be doing mango/carrot/celery with the 9000.

That should be fine for just a glass of juice at a time...too much pulp buildup in the juicer otherwise. I'm not sure squeezing the juice through a Filter Paper is a good idea, even though it's easier to clean. I had the same concern when I owned a Norwalk Press......WY

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables