Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!
 

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Breville 800JEXL Elite Juice Fountain
Date: January 22, 2012 05:48PM

Hi All:

I am about to embark on an extended juice fast. I have a Champion Juicer at home which is great, but I am looking for a second, more compact (and lighter weight) juicer to keep at work so I can juice for lunch without having to hit the juice bar or go home. The juicer will be toted from my office to the kitchen daily.

I have heard some good things about the Breville Juice Fountains, although they are centrifugal force juicers. I like the fact that it ejects the pulp into a large container because other centrifugal force units I have had in the past just keep the pulp in a basket and it fills too quickly, especially when juicing root vegetables with a lot of pulp.

Does anyone have one of these or know anything about them? I am afraid the reviews I have been reading are from more of the novice juicers and not really the lifelong juicers. Should I be leary of the one year limited warranty/3 year motor warranty? That seems kind of short for a $400 juicer. Any info you can provide would be great. Thanks!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Breville 800JEXL Elite Juice Fountain
Posted by: WheatgrassYogi ()
Date: January 22, 2012 06:41PM

sunlightoncloudyday Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ........Any info you can provide would be great.

First and Foremost, you don't want to juice at work if there are other people around.
Second, you didn't tell us specifically what you'll be juicing......WY

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Breville 800JEXL Elite Juice Fountain
Date: January 22, 2012 07:32PM

I will be juicing everything <with the exception of wheatgrass, I do that at home>. A mixture of fruits, vegetables & greens like kale and romaine. Being on a juice fast, I understand it is better to have more fruit based juices during the day while gravitating toward green and vegetable drinks at night due to the extra calories/energy in fruit needed to get through the day.

However, if you have any juice fasting/feasting tips, I would be happy to hear your angle. This is my first substantial juice fast. The longest I have done previously is a weekend or a little longer. However, I am no stranger to other fasts, like the master cleanse.

Why do you say, "you don't want to juice at work"? Everyone prepares food in the kitchen. Are you suggesting the noise is too loud or the clean up is too tedious? I actually hope other people see me juicing and are curious enough to try it themselves.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Breville 800JEXL Elite Juice Fountain
Posted by: WheatgrassYogi ()
Date: January 22, 2012 10:19PM

sunlightoncloudyday Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I will be juicing everything

The Breville 800JEXL doesn't do leafy Greens. Fruits are best eaten, rather than juiced. That leaves Vegetables.

> Why do you say, "you don't want to juice at work"?

I wouldn't want to. Carrying a Juicer back and forth will get Old very fast. Plus, cleanup will get Old even faster. My Plan would be to visit the Juice Bar everyday......WY

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Breville 800JEXL Elite Juice Fountain
Posted by: ancient11 ()
Date: February 02, 2012 01:40PM

WheatgrassYogi Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> sunlightoncloudyday Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I will be juicing everything
>
> The Breville 800JEXL doesn't do leafy Greens.
> Fruits are best eaten, rather than juiced. That
> leaves Vegetables.


> Excuse me, why would you make that statement? My Breville does an excellent job with leafy greens.==ancient11


> > Why do you say, "you don't want to juice at
> work"?
>
> I wouldn't want to. Carrying a Juicer back and
> forth will get Old very fast. Plus, cleanup will
> get Old even faster. My Plan would be to visit the
> Juice Bar everyday......WY

I can really relate to that!-ancient11

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Breville 800JEXL Elite Juice Fountain
Date: February 05, 2012 06:57PM

Ancient11-

Thanks for the inside info. Do you find that you have to "roll" your greens in order for them to juice? The clean-up seems to be easy, how do you rate it? Thanks again.

sunlight

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Breville 800JEXL Elite Juice Fountain
Posted by: ancient11 ()
Date: February 12, 2012 11:27AM

I hope you will forgive me for taking so long to answer this but it gave me no notification by e-mail.

In order to do leafy greens efficiently, you have to do a little creative thinking. but you have to do a little thinking on ever juicer because ever juicer has its weak points, you definitely have to roll or ball your green's.

When I do baby spinach, i will ball them up and wrap them in a large leaf such as collards but the leafs have to be real small for me to do something like that.

while the breville will not be as efficient as a green star elite, it will do a decent job on green's.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Breville 800JEXL Elite Juice Fountain
Date: February 17, 2012 07:04PM

Thank you for the inside info!

Options: ReplyQuote


Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.


Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables