Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

The Carrot Cleanse
Posted by: WheatgrassYogi ()
Date: February 01, 2012 07:17PM

Since we're well into the New Year, I feel it's time for me to do an intestinal cleanse. I've 'hit' on the idea of using Carrots. My Plan is to take a pound of carrots, and juice them....drinking the juice (about 8 ounces) and eating the pulp. Doing this a couple of times daily, for a week, or longer, should provide a good cleanse. Nothing else needs to be taken (except Water).
Why not just eat the carrots?...it's too much chewing for me......WY
P.S. Besides, carrot pulp from my Omega 4000 is very sweet, and palatable.
Any comments or ideas?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Carrot Cleanse
Posted by: eaglefly ()
Date: February 02, 2012 02:34PM

Interesting idea.
I never heard of a plan like that.
Are you just going to consume carrot juice and water for the whole week?
Personally I would use a less sugary veggie,like celery or cucumber.

Vinny

Posted by: pampam ()
Date: February 04, 2012 06:38PM

hi yogi, its been a long while since I have been on here, carrot pulp is a great pultice, a person I knew had a horse that had an infection that would not heal and applied carrot pulp which eventually healed the wound. it sounds like an interesting fast.

Date: February 04, 2012 09:09PM

pampam Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> hi yogi, its been a long while since I have been on here

It seems like a Month of Sundays since you've posted anything. How in the Heck are you?
Thanks for the information. I've shifted gears a bit, and have started having Carrot Smoothies. It just 'feels' right for an Intestinal Cleanse......WY

Posted by: rzman10001 ()
Date: February 05, 2012 04:53PM

I think using Clorella while juice fasting is good because it stimulates stomach acid and provides you with enough protien and other stuff to keepp your blood sugar up. The digestive juices will work on the waste in your GI tract and help eliminate it. Chlorella is also VERY alkalizing! Just a thouight I had while reading your post. Personally I would not use carrots but to each is own.

Date: February 06, 2012 12:56AM

rzman10001 Wrote:
> Personally I would not use carrots but to each is own.

Carrots are working very well for me in Smoothies...there is no Waste. I use 1/2 pound in each one. Cleanup is a snap. I also use Chlorella. It's an easy way to eat....living out of a Blender. I've quit juicing altogether......WY

Posted by: pampam ()
Date: February 09, 2012 07:25AM

are you turning orange?

Date: February 09, 2012 10:49AM

pampam Wrote:
> are you turning orange?

Not Orange, but definitely a darker color. Kind of like a suntan without having gotten any Sun.
Have you noticed how eating a lot of Greens give the Veins in your arms a pretty shade of Blue?......WY

Posted by: spectrum ()
Date: February 17, 2012 04:56PM

How do you make your carrot smoothies?

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: February 17, 2012 05:11PM

Are you having carrots exclusively, for how long have you been doing it, how long do you plan on continuing?
I think this is an interesting plan, it would work particularly well for someone with a garden and an abundance of specific foods at different times during the growing season. The green food supplies lots of minerals for some balance. I personally would add a source of omegas like flax seed or chia, I do very well with daily consumption of those. My energy starts to flag without, same for B12, D3 and iron though. I don't know how long I could go with carrots or any one food on it's own. Interesting experiment.

Posted by: vegmichelle ()
Date: February 18, 2012 05:02PM

I must admit I am somewhat fascinated by the idea of using a single type of veggie to do a cleanse. Is there any particular reason why you chose only carrots? Why not add other things to the carrot smoothie?

How long do you plan to stay on this cleanse? Also, is it safe to eat carrots only for a longer period of time, especially if you're someone who tends to lead quite an active life?

If you've already started it i'd love to hear how it went.

Keeping it raw at [rawfoodhealthwatch.com]

Date: February 19, 2012 12:44AM

Thanks to those of you who responded.
Well, it's back to the 'drawing board' with the Carrot Cleanse. I'm not sure what I want to do with it. One thing I did learn is that Carrots and Tomatoes don't mix. When I added an abundance of Tomato to an abundance of Carrot, it came out as a jellylike mixture......WY

Posted by: Reg Benavari ()
Date: March 03, 2012 02:44AM

I just came off a 14 day carrot juice feast. I used my Omega vertHD juicer 330. I feel awesome. It's great to have crunchy salad again I must say.

Date: March 03, 2012 03:25AM

Reg Benavari Wrote:
> ......It's great to have crunchy salad again I must say.

Yes, but don't you just hate to clean your teeth afterwards? That's why I love Juicing and Blending...teeth cleaning is easy......WY

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 03, 2012 01:32PM

I find teeth cleaning less of a chore than juicer set up and cleaning though... I rather like brushing and flossing.
Now if somebody Else was doing the juicing, lol, I'd go for it for sure. I'd still brush my teeth though.

Posted by: skuli ()
Date: April 04, 2012 05:59AM

I love carrot juice, I juice it often

Posted by: roselina366 ()
Date: May 04, 2012 12:19PM

Interseting and unique thought.Is you implement this idea upon you.Is this workable or not?

Servo Exporters provide main Shafts machinery all over the world.

Posted by: pborst ()
Date: May 09, 2012 01:11AM

How about carrots and beets?

Date: May 09, 2012 02:47AM

pborst Wrote:
> How about carrots and beets?

Beets are too messy for me. I'm considering going on a Steel Cut Oats cleanse. I'm also wondering if Wheat Berries would 'work' with Carrots as a cleanser prepared in a blender....probably have to soak them first.
Rule #1....Cleanse the Colon, and keep it that way.
Rule #2....see Rule #1......WY

Posted by: RAWLION ()
Date: May 16, 2012 04:41PM

you are only slowing your detox by not including greens in a juice fast. Might as well add greens in for micro nutrient and health purposes.

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: May 17, 2012 03:35AM

meh .. oats dont seem very cleansing to me for some reason .. have you ever read the book Grain Damage Yogi?

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: jalanutan ()
Date: May 17, 2012 08:00AM

What is a steel cut oats cleanse??? One thing to note is that grains are acid forming in the body. Therefore, I'm interested in how an acid forming food will cleanse.

Cheers, jalan

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables