Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

New Juicer needs advice
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: October 12, 2006 07:44PM

Hi everybody!!

I just found this site today and signed up. Here is my ‘problem’: I’m new to juicing, have done a moderate amt. of research and have decided that this is the way to go for me. I ordered a juicer this week (Miracle Juicer 1000) and want to be ready when it comes.

A bit of history: I’m female, 49 yrs old, about 50 lbs overweight, my parents are living (dad a diabetic & has heart problems/blood clots. Mom has high blood pressure and history of blood clots). My cholesterol very high (in the 500’s; yeah, not a misprint).

I have no energy, my skin itches all the time, I’m getting depressed and I REALLY need to change my lifestyle before I end up like my parents. Or worse!

So, that’s why I’m here. I’m not a big breakfast eater, but I will drink juice. I now want to get into healthy juice, not the junk that’s sold in the stores. Fruit juices would appeal more to me at the beginning. I never was a big veggie eater. I will try this too, tho.

My question: Should I start out slowly (maybe just juice in the mornings)? Or should I do 2 meals a day with juice. And perhaps fish/chicken for dinner (I have a spouse who is going to give me some resistance). I’ll work on him tho.

For those of you who do this on a regular basis, how did you start at the beginning?

Also, when juicing fruits/veggies, do you always use the skin, seeds, etc? I haven’t been able to find much info on this. I had read somewhere that apple seeds are bad. So, should these be removed?

I appreciate any help you can give me. I really need help and I want to be successful at this. I’m open to any helpful suggestions.

Thanks bunches !!
-infogirl

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: New Juicer needs advice
Posted by: Mama Cass ()
Date: October 12, 2006 08:54PM

sounds like the faster you get results, the better you'll feel.

i would go ahead and aim for two juiced meals a day with a healthy snack and salad. that would give you a decent dose of energy to start with, and then work on dinner later.

i dove into juicing totally and lived on it when i first got a juicer.

apple seed are usually so small and few that they don't have enough arsenic to kill you or hurt you. if you drink tap water you're getting more than is in an apple or even five probably.

try greens. they're hard to swallow at first, but the energy burst can be addictive.

i only peel things that the skin is really inedible, or nonorganic.

peace

Re: New Juicer needs advice
Posted by: Galileo ()
Date: October 12, 2006 11:24PM

Well done getting started is the most important step.

When I started I was having two fruit and veg smoothies a day. I felt good but my stomach got a bit upset the first week or two and I got a headache. This is normal detox symptoms, after a month or so I started juicing and had no problems. When your body adjusts you will feel great.

I have no problems now no matter how many smoothies or juices I have (Within reason) I also feel great. I wouldn't go back to my old diet. Do what feels right for you but stick with it through the detox phase and cut back if you need to.

Galileo

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables