Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Freezeing juice
Posted by: skiezo ()
Date: February 27, 2012 03:08PM

Is it possible to freeze fruits and vegetables juice when the fruits and veggies are in are fresh and in abundance? For instance when local grapes are in season and at a much better price can the juiced grapes be frozen and if so how long can they be frozen for? I love to juice concord grapes but they are only around for a short period of time. The Concords have a better taste and alot more compounds than the seedless ones in my area.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Freezeing juice
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: February 27, 2012 03:12PM

Of course fresh is always going to be the best option but in my opinion frozen grape juice is better than no grape juice. If you've got the space in your freezer, go for it. You can always add it to whatever fresh juice or smoothie you're making in the off season, that way you're getting fresh produce along with the nutrients and antioxidants retained in the frozen grape.
Some people will argue that freezing breaks the cell walls of fruits and veggies but so does juicing, try to get your juice frozen quickly by using shallow layers or ice cube trays and seal it up airtight for the least nutrient loss.

Re: Freezeing juice
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 10, 2012 07:56PM

There was a question like this on the main forum, and someone said that freezing veg juice doesn't work but fruit juice is ok.
Cheers, geo

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables