Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Gerson Therapy Newbie
Posted by: altmed ()
Date: March 25, 2012 07:43PM

Great info. Thanks.
The film "The beautiful Truth" is what got me into this. I'd like to get Charlotte Gerson to speak an one of my teleseminars.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: March 25, 2012 08:02PM

This is also a great film: "Hungry For Change" [bit.ly]. The full-length film is available online now until this Sat 3/31/12. Enjoy!

Date: March 25, 2012 09:01PM

I just watched some comparative videos and have decided on the Super Angel. It gave considerable more juice and less pulp than the others. I do a lot of educating in the natural health area and will be having a raw foods person give a demonstration in my home in June so I thought I may as well spring for the top of the line as I'll never upgrage.

I've had my Subaru Legacy for almost 20 years and it's still in perfect condition. Once I buy, it's for life. My husband even has to pry my computer out of my clenched fists when it's time to upgrade... same with my phone.

The research that goes into buying such a high-priced appliance is too time consuming and streessful for me. Don't know what I would have done without this forum. You all have been a huge gigantic help.

I found what I think is a good deal here [www.veggiesensations.com]. $990 - $40 = $950. Unless someone knows of a better deal, I think I'll purchase tomorrow.
Thanks again,
Angel

Posted by: pborst ()
Date: March 26, 2012 03:09PM

Angel,

Glad to be of help. I think you have made the right decision. When it was time for me to upgrade, it was Norwalk vs. SuperAngel. I probably did the same thing you did. Look at the videos, the data and in my case my prior twin gear juicer. Several folks on the Fuhrman forum (a paid forum) helped me make my decision. For me, the deciding factors were:

- superior warranty
- price Norwalk was 2.5 times higher in price. It's an old design that is time honored an efficient. Super Angel beats soundly on value. Bugatti vs. a Ferrari.
_ no plastic contact surfaces on the juice, all steel, no bpa issues to deal with
_ bone dry pulp, highly efficient
- fewer clean up parts relative to Greenstar Elite so shorter clean up time. [note the Greenstar Elite is an excellent twingear juicer at its price point, you get what you pay for].
- lower rpms 80 vs. 110 less oxidation
- self feeding for leafy stemed greens eg collards, kale dandilion...
- for a living food leafy green diet, it doesn't get much better
- John got burned by the company so I think he's jaded but it's a great juicer.

You made the right call. On the expensive adjuncts (fruit screen, blank plate for nut butters), that's another conversation. They are more expensive and also all stainless steel like the original screen. You pay what you get for.

Angel, best!

Paul

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/26/2012 03:12PM by pborst.

Date: March 26, 2012 03:29PM

On the best price... can't bet your deal. What I can do is give you an alternative in case things go South so to speak. I bought from HarvestEssentials.com. They are offering $960 plus free shipping and have beat the best price guarantee. I have no idea what that is. Maybe $5. time is money and if was you, I'd stick with your vendor. but HarvestEssentials is a solid second, bought from them and can speak to their level of professionalism. Can't blame for $10. If you decide to back HE up on their beat the best price, all I ask is PM me or post it here how much you saved! Best!

Paul

Date: March 26, 2012 03:58PM

altmed,

Last think. Just sent you an email (mine is pborst_2002@yahoo.com). We are pretty close. Who'd have thought. If you ever want to borrow a fruit screen or blank screen, let me know. Sorry Geo too far away! winking smiley But we are still blood brothers.

Paul

Date: March 26, 2012 10:49PM

How does the company burn someone?

Posted by: juicemom ()
Date: March 27, 2012 12:34AM

Altmed, please report back on how you like the Super Angel juicer once you get it.

Date: March 27, 2012 01:37PM

altmed Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> How does the company burn someone?

John was speaking from a business perspective. In one of the earlier iterations of the company, John ordered some juicers to sell, paid in advance. The company went broke and kept John's money. The company reorganized later (Korean company). It seems to be solvent today and doing rather well. I understand John's frustration. But that hasn't kept me from enjoying this wonderful juicer.

Paul

Posted by: WheatgrassYogi ()
Date: March 27, 2012 02:43PM

pborst Wrote:
......But that hasn't kept me from enjoying this wonderful juicer.

As I see it, the Super Angel, and the Norwalk Press, are designed for Health Retreats with a professional staff. They're just too difficult for the average person. Anyway, I know the Norwalk was too much for me. Now, a simple juicer, like the Omega 8004, can be used by most (except for the very ill)......WY

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 27, 2012 02:55PM

Is the angel like a greenstar? I found the gs a pain in the butt to clean but I'd go through all that bother for a solid stainless machine. A thousand bucks is a lot to shell out for a juicer though when a $300 machine will do the job just as well or close to it. I don't know, I'd have to see it and try it out first. Wonder if they ever do any shows in my area...

Date: March 27, 2012 02:59PM

Henry,

As you know, I owned a Greenpower Kempo Twingear before I bought the Super Angel. The Super Angel has fewer parts and is far easier to clean. Since I consider myself the average person vis-a-vis juicers, I would say absolutely not. The Super Angel doesn't spray the way the Norwalk does. It's basically a large solid steel twingear without the pulp tension spring. Takes me 3 minutes to clean per juicing. No biggie.

Paul

WheatgrassYogi Wrote:
> pborst Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> ......But that hasn't kept me from enjoying this
> wonderful juicer.
>
> As I see it, the Super Angel, and the Norwalk
> Press, are designed for Health Retreats with a
> professional staff. They're just too difficult for
> the average person. Anyway, I know the Norwalk was
> too much for me. Now, a simple juicer, like the
> Omega 8004, can be used by most (except for the
> very ill)......WY

Date: March 28, 2012 10:36PM

Is anyone else going to the ALIVE New York 2012 event in June? [www.alivenewyork.com] I just registered and would love to catch up with some of you if you're there.

Can't wait to get my juicer and try it out. Thanks for the recipe Paul.
Does anyone else care to share secrets on how to make green juice taste good?

Date: April 03, 2012 10:15PM

My Angel came today and I made my first batch of green juice along with a great big mess. The juice turned out OK but I made far too much. Maybe someone can give me some pointers on how much produce to use for one person.

I kind of went by Paul's recepe of 3/4 bland to 1/4 potent but ran into trouble when I took the romaine lettuse out of the fridge to find the meat crisper had frozen it. So I tried to use up the frozen leaves and there were a lot. (I put it there because I ran out of room in the fridge... not a good idea.)

I used a bunch of rommaine and cilantro, 2 ea of kale, swiss chard, & celery, a 2" skinny piece of fennel, about an inch of cucumber that promptly got stuck (Should I have peeled it?) and about 4" of brocalli that also got stuck. Oh, and a granny apple.

Had to take it apart and clean it to get the last piece of apple to go through. Wasn't expecting all the foam, which I thought would wash down the drain but it had solids in it so clogged up the sink.

Went through 3 different size strainers. First I tried straining it into a normal glass, then graduated to larger mouth glasses trying to find the right fit so clean up was an ordeal. Just used hot water and dish detergent. Should I have used vinegar?

Is the pulp good for outside critters? I live in the woods so I tossed it outside. The foam was pretty wet but the pulp was dry. Somehow I got stuff all over the floor as well as the counter. Don't know how that happened.

Looking forward to some wise words of guidance from those more experienced.

Date: April 04, 2012 04:15PM

Angel,

I would recommend getting a cutting board and slicing the feed material to 1/2 to 2/3 the size of the feed shoot. Line up the different types of produce in different piles or bowls and rotate your produce.

Slow down the feed rate just a bit, give the augers time to do their work. Don't add frozen produce to the auger.

The next time you have piece of stuck produce, try the reverse button if it is in the augers.

Let me know how the second run goes. That should take care of the foam (most of it) and render clean up easier. Best.

Paul

Date: April 04, 2012 04:38PM

Thanks.
I made some juice this morning but only had 1 apple left and wanted to save it for my husband so I used a beet and it was great but it kept getting stuck. I sliced it lengthwise into about 1/2 to 3/4 inch wedges but it still had problems. Should I have peeled it?

Date: April 04, 2012 09:16PM

I've juiced beets many times in my Super Angel... Why is it getting stuck? Are you putting oversized produce in the shoot? Is this your first experience with a juicer?

Date: April 05, 2012 12:48AM

Yes. I've never juiced before but I don't think it was oversized. How do you cut the beet?

It kept getting stuck in the grove between the two augers... Just laying on them. Had to use a significant amount of pressure to get them to grind. Enough to tip the juicer a little. I had the same problem with broccali stems even though they were quartered.

By the way, do you grind carrot tops with the carrots? I've beenn cutting them off because they were so wilted.

Date: April 05, 2012 01:40PM

Angel,

I wouldn't grind the carrot tops. Try this and see if it helps. Just cut the broccoli stems or other woody stems into 4ths. 1/2 and then 1/2 add one stem and follow it with a leaf or two, then another stem. slow down the feed rate just a bit. maybe take 20 to 30 seconds between adding stems. watch the pulp coming out.

if it does get stuck, make use of the reverse button... go back and then forward. That should help.

I don't peel my beets but cut them into 1/8 sections and it seems to work well.

Let me know if this helps.

Paul

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 05, 2012 01:55PM

In my experience beets etc can be long but not thick to easily go through the juicer.

Posted by: skuli ()
Date: April 05, 2012 10:36PM

I've been reading about and watching videos about Gerson, very interesting and has me making a few dietary changes as preventative

Date: April 06, 2012 12:19PM

Hare you watched, "Dying To Have Known?" [www.youtube.com]#!

Posted by: skuli ()
Date: April 07, 2012 08:56AM

Yes, great movie, I've also watched Gerson Miracle, and The Beautiful Truth. They are excellent as well

Posted by: taylor123 ()
Date: February 25, 2014 07:10PM

Have you guys been to [www.shahogenjuicepresses.com] ? The machine works great. I like it because it presses more at a time because they made it with a "super tray" lol.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/25/2014 07:12PM by taylor123.

Posted by: taylor123 ()
Date: February 25, 2014 07:13PM

I think that juicing is the best way to get into good health. I use a Omega grinder and a [www.shahogenjuicepresses.com] press machine.

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables