Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Oscar HU-400 Pro Electric Cold Press
Posted by: The Fruit Faery ()
Date: March 26, 2012 08:57PM

Oscar HU-400 Pro Electric Cold Press

Anyone own one of these?
I did a search but could not find anything.

Would like your feedback if you have used one.

Im about to invest in another juicer. Its around £350.00 in Uk. There are many reliable choices on the market for that kind of money.
Clean up looks very quick and the pulp appears to be very dry.

FFX

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/26/2012 09:07PM by The Fruit Faery.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Oscar HU-400 Pro Electric Cold Press
Posted by: pborst ()
Date: March 27, 2012 03:00PM

search with "hurom slow juicer" or "omega VRT" and you will get plenty of reviews. I own one. It's ok. There are better choices. Start with the Omega 8004, cheaper and better at leafy greens and sprouts.

Date: March 27, 2012 04:19PM

Hi pborst
I just saw your post on the'juicer questions' thread.
I have a Kempo for home use. We have a phillips centrifugal at work. I need to replace it, but know that most staff would not be keen on the clean up involved in a twin gear. Thats why I looked at the huron 400.

I like the fact that its vertical, easy to clean and wont take up much space on the counter. Also it can be rinsed through with water between juices and i can give it a final clean up at the end of the day.

I understand that the juice does not easily separate- is this because its a pulpy juice? I have seen it advertised on the shopping channels and this appears to be a main selling point.

Posted by: pborst ()
Date: March 27, 2012 07:14PM

http:www.youtube.com/user/rawfoods

search on VRT. There you have all you need. What are you juicing? what is your price point? Not all twin gears are greated equal but they all create better juice than you get out of a single gear. You get what you pay for.

Harder to clean is a trade off of the twin gear vs. a single auger style. I've owned two twin gears and one single auger and I'd agree with single auger if you want to mainly juice leafy greens. specifically the 8004 or 8006 Omega. The VRT is good too but it has a longer learning curve and is better at "everything" fruits and vegetables but is less efficient at carrots than a centrifugal or a twingear for leafy greens. What's your budget? 8004 or 8006 is a value, a great one. leafy greens into juice. Shouldn't be juicing fruits anyway... except the occasional apple or pear.. best.

Paul

Date: March 31, 2012 05:17PM

I think that I have narrowed it down between the Oscar hurom 400 and the Omega VERT VRT350 HD. Apparently they are made in the same factory, but omega have been around a lot longer.

Trouble is that you do all of this research but you wont know until you have used it and tasted the juice!

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 31, 2012 05:22PM

Funny, I had narrowed it down to both of those at one point as well. The advice I got was to go for the Vert, I think it was because of better warranty or more reliable company policy or something like that. I can't quite remember now.

Date: March 31, 2012 09:43PM

Yes, similar advice. what did you decide to purchase in the end?
Were you happy with your choice?

coco Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Funny, I had narrowed it down to both of those at
> one point as well. The advice I got was to go for
> the Vert, I think it was because of better
> warranty or more reliable company policy or
> something like that. I can't quite remember now.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 31, 2012 10:31PM

I still have an ancient omega and it works fine. I'll upgrade one day but not until I really need to.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables