Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Nutri Bullet - Not Bad
Posted by: gardengrub ()
Date: April 17, 2012 10:29PM

Hi All,

I'm new here. I'm not 100% raw, maybe 60% now and moving towards a goal of 75%. I'm not vegan, I like to consume raw milk, raw eggs and will eat meat (cooked). Until recenlty, I was using prepared green drinks like Garden of Life Organic Raw Greens and Amazing Grass products. I have a juicer but have not used it for years as it's noisy and I don't like the discard (pulp) clean up. I have a blender but was always disappointed with its smoothie making ability.

The other day I was in Target and saw the Nutri Bullet. It was from the same people who make the Magic bullet and I figured it was a rip off and not worth the $99 Target was charging so I skipped it.

This weekend, I saw an infomercial for the Nutri Bullet and wondered if it could really do what they said it could. If it could, it would be just what I wanted. So off I trotted to Target figuring if it didn't work as advertised I'd take it back.

Well, it does work. I've been making morning smoothies with an assortment of organic greens (spinach, kale, parsley, dandelion), cucumber, celery, ginger root, a rotation of fruits and add in some flax seed and almonds. Now my old blender would never deal with the celery or be able to pulverize the almonds past a big chunk size. The flax seeds as they are so small would be left intact. But the Nutri Bullet handles it all and I get a really nutritious smoothie.

Also there is a different blade bottom for grinding seeds to flour but I've not tried that yet.

I'm not saying this is anywhere near as good as a Vitamix or Blendtec but for $99 it's a great way for the relative newbie, like me, to get started.

One observation on the smoothie thing for any other newbie who wanders by. I thought initially that the 'must have' fruit to add to make a good tasting smoothie was the banana but after trying an assorment of fruit mixings, I've settled on the apple. I did try a smoothie a Vitamix gal made at Whole Foods over the weekend where she used green grapes as her main fruit and that was good as well. I'd try that also but organic grapes aren't available around here right now.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Nutri Bullet - Not Bad
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 18, 2012 02:08PM

Let us know how the endurance of the motor etc goes please, as at one stage I was thinking of buying it for travel, but I've been told that it wears out pretty quick. I still might buy it, as there's one with a larger carafe of 600ml, and I'd mostly use it when travelling anyway.

Posted by: Rudra ()
Date: April 21, 2012 05:50PM

for 25 usd. one can buy a 25 year warranty... one must order from the company to get the warranty.

Posted by: jonl138 ()
Date: November 19, 2012 06:03AM

Is this thing loud? I'm trying to find something I can use in my office that's not super loud.

Posted by: australia ()
Date: January 08, 2013 06:15PM

After using our Nutri Bullet for 3 months, it's not working properly. First of all about one month ago, the motor was making and unusually loud noise when used. About 3 weeks ago, it was only able to work after 5 or more attempts to get it to start, and only when we would jiggle it in different directions. Looking at the warranty, it does not cover normal use. The cost to send it back to find out if regular use is not worth the money to send it. We spent $112 and either way, after using it only 3 months we are very disappointed. We''ve used it on a regular basis, 3-4 X's a day.

This past Christmas, we bought our son a Majic Bullet and will wait to see what happens. The Majic Bullet has a much smaller large container.

Posted by: australia ()
Date: January 08, 2013 06:17PM

After using it for 2 months, it has become very loud and doesn't work properly. Please see previous post.

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: January 09, 2013 01:22AM

You get what you pay for...I bought the Kitchen Aid blender that's around $100 and it was SO loud that I immediately returned it. The Vitamix was actually less noisy.

Posted by: WheatgrassYogi ()
Date: January 09, 2013 02:37AM

gardengrub Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
.... The other day I was in Target and saw the Nutri Bullet. It was from the same people who make the Magic bullet and I figured it was a rip off and not worth the $99 Target was charging so I skipped it.

My mother uses something similar that she bought at Wal-Mart. I forget the brand, but she's always raving about it. She didn't pay much more than $20 for hers......WY

Posted by: Prana ()
Date: January 13, 2013 07:39PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables