Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Omega 8006 vs Omega vert 350
Posted by: Emanuelle ()
Date: April 22, 2012 11:55AM

Hi,
I am looking into buying a juicer and have narrowed it down to two juicers: the Omega 8006 or the Omega Vert 350. I wonder if someone here has any experience with these juicers and can help me out a bit?

I would like to be able to juice fruits, vegetables and leafy greens (including wheatgrass). Being able to do nutmilk, nutbutter and sorbet is a plus but the juice is the number one issue.

Thanks for all the help I can get!

// Emanuelle

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Omega 8006 vs Omega vert 350
Posted by: pborst ()
Date: April 22, 2012 09:02PM

Go 8004/8006. Less expensive, longer warranty, does leafy greens better, more versatile (e.g. does nut butters). VRT does do fruits better. But fruits are better blended or eaten whole anyway. 8004 is easier to clean.

I own a VRT HD, nothing wrong with it. If I had it to do over again, definitely would get the 8004 (same thing as 8006 except white color instead of chrome).

There are also a # of videos that John has on this

[www.youtube.com] sunflower sprouts

[www.youtube.com] nutmilk

[www.youtube.com] green juice

[www.youtube.com] carrots

[www.youtube.com] general comparison

Best

Paul

Date: April 22, 2012 10:02PM

Thanks a lot for you answer. I will check out the videos.

Actually it is 8004 and 8005 that only differs in colour. The 8006 is a little bit different. Mostly in duration of the material it is built in, I think.

Date: April 23, 2012 01:19AM

Emanuelle,

Welcome, Take a look at discountjuicers.com under 8003, 8004, 8005 and 8006 in the juicer section. My understanding is that the 8003 and 8005 both have melamine augers and differ only in color (8003 is white, 8005 is chrome/black). The 8004 and 8006 have the same color differences as the 8003 and 8005 but ultem (a polymer that is 8 times harder than the melamine). And they charge a slight premium for the chrome/black finish.

Good luck in whatever you choose. I don't think you can go wrong with your choices.

Paul

Date: April 23, 2012 08:16AM

GReat! Thanks :-)!
// Emanuelle

Posted by: dax702 ()
Date: June 09, 2012 05:15AM

I'm borrowing a friend's VRT330, had boxed it up after I decided to buy the Powergrind Pro, but since I sent that one back, I took her VRT out again and used it tonight. When it comes to the actual juicing with that machine, it's very smooth and easy to use, just drop the pieces in and out the juice comes. It doesn't seem like there'd be a lot of difference between the VRT and the 8000 series since they both use augers. Paul, what is your reason for saying if you had it to do over again you'd go with the 8004?

Date: June 09, 2012 02:18PM

Dax,

I like the VRT. Don't get me wrong. I still juice with it plenty. The reason I said I'd go with 8004 is it is less expensive, longer warranty, more versatile, does greens better, easier clean up. Those are the main 5 reasons.

Paul

Date: June 10, 2012 12:22AM

Hi Paul, thanks for your clarification on that. I'm just about all set on the 8004, and then I came across this sucker on Costco's site:

[www.costco.com]

Kuvings makes their version of the Omega 8000 series.. Heard anything about theirs?

Date: June 10, 2012 01:36AM

Dax,

I haven't. Most of what I have heard about Kuvings is for their silent juicer which is basically a VRT.

The price looks good. John carries the Kuvings Silent Juicer, but not their 8000 equivalent. John Kohler I mean. I might ask John at sales@discountjuicers.com

One thought. Kuvings is Korean I think. Omega is an American company (juicer is still manufactured in Korea though). Omega offers a 15 year warranty on the 8004 and 8006. Find out how long the warranty is on the Kuvings equivalent.

If it is close, go with the Kuvings, the ratings being pretty good. If they don't offer a 10 to 15 year warning, I'd definitely go Omega. Personally, I like Omega, have dealt with them and had excellent customer service. But at $229, the Costco looks good.

Paul

Date: June 10, 2012 06:36PM

I checked amazon reviews and quite a few people said to go with the Omega over the Kuvings so I think I'll probably do the same.. Wish I could find one locally. Might contact Omega tomorrow and see who carries them in my town..

Date: June 11, 2012 12:36AM

most buy online. Best bet for in town would be kitchen supply store, Williams-Sonoma, Sur La Table, Bed, Bath & Beyond. Something like that.

Paul

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables