Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Advice on Juice Fasting?
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: October 17, 2006 07:07PM

Hi everyone,
This is the second year that I've done an extended juice fast (last year 21 days, this year I'm aiming for 30). What I've noticed is that last year I was having bowel movements almost every day. This year though, I've had very few and I'm already on day 17.

I wanted to know if anyone has encountered this issue, and what I can change about my cleanse to aid the excretion process. I've been juicing mostly vegetables and only apples and pears here and there.
Thanks!
a

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Advice on Juice Fasting?
Posted by: Mama Cass ()
Date: October 17, 2006 09:18PM

apple juice.

my husband is on day 19 of a 40 day fast. he doesn't do well with fresh apple juice, it hurts his stomach, but it cleans him out, quickly.

he's also noticed that he's not moving as quickly this time as usual. but the apple juice fixed that.

does cabbage juice help? i know aloe vera juice does. it can be a strong laxative if the leaves aren't peeled, but just tonic if the pulp is all that is used.

that's all i have off the top of my head, if i remember anything else, or find it, i'll update you.

peace-
Mama Cass

Re: Advice on Juice Fasting?
Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: October 17, 2006 09:25PM

Athena......This probably shows that you're 'cleaner' this year than you were last. Also, the amount of fiber in your juice has a lot to do with it. I just finished going 14 days on Juices. I drank a lot of carrot juice that contained a good amount of fiber and had regular movements. For maximum healing it would be best to strain the fiber from the juice......WY

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/17/2006 09:28PM by Wheatgrass Yogi.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables