Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Apology
Posted by: jalanutan ()
Date: May 04, 2012 04:10AM

I feel that I need to clarify an apology that I made to JohnA in the thread entitled 'Blenders with glass containers'. The topic even continued over on the 'vegan discussion' forum, and with some gusto until Prana closed it.

I just feel that some may have misunderstood me, so as briefly as possible, I'll try to explain.

I'm not going to get into whether the person in question was a troll or not, but whether the chemical BPB actually existed. He was asked to back up his statement with some form of evidence, to which he didn't. This refusal furthered the assumption that he was indeed a troll, and my personal efforts to find any evidence of a BPB continued this assumption. I was quite vocal about the seemingly nonexistance of this chemical, and had abit of fun with it to boot.

However, a forum member continued to assure me that BPB did indeed exist, so I persevered in my search. And yes, it does exist, and I even found a published journal article which showed the migration of both BPA and BPB into peeled tinned tomatoes.

[www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov]

Therefore, I felt the honourable thing to do was to apologise for having disbelieved JohnA, and for having made fun of him about it. Also, I want to make it clear that my apology doesn't change my stance in supporting Paul, only in the BPB issue.

That's all, and I hope this makes my actions a little clearer.

Re: Apology
Posted by: pborst ()
Date: May 04, 2012 06:24PM

Actually,I discovered that it did exist under the original thread (see my post April 9 at 1:39 pm) but that it was simply covered under the family of BPA products. No evidence ever produced on that thread that this was ever a monomer in Eastman Tritan Copolyester, the polymer used in Vitamix BPA free carafes. As I posted then, if he had produced the evidence, I would have apologized for my original charge. As it stands, I stand by the apology I gave to Prana for jumping the gun, i.e. charging too early. However, I have yet to see any evidence that a BPB monomer is in all Vitamix products which was the original claim.

Paul

Date: May 04, 2012 06:41PM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/04/2012 06:49PM by pborst.

Posted by: Pertwee ()
Date: May 04, 2012 08:04PM

I own a Vitamix with a polycarbonate carafe and am completely comfortable with it. It's not a baby bottle. I don't put heated liquids in it. BPA is a risk in canned goods. But I'm not selling my Vita Prep 3. It's my go to.

Claude

Date: May 06, 2012 05:21AM

I wasn't refering to you Paul, and I didn't know that you'd found reference to BPB. I was only making clear my stand is all. I'm in a pretty ugly place atm, which has/is clouding my perception. I'm trying not to make any conclusions about anything, since I may be in error.

Date: May 08, 2012 07:31PM

I understand. I just wanted to make clear that even though BPB 'exists", it is not in all Vitamix products as John A claimed or at least that this claim is unproven. Sorry to hear about your circumstances. My best to you for a quick resolution.

Paul

Date: May 10, 2012 12:05AM

Thx Paul, me too, I'm trying to prioritise but not easy...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables