Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

new Vitamix Professional Series 750
Posted by: pborst ()
Date: May 08, 2012 07:36PM

I've just looked at the video for the new Vitamix Professional Series 750, an exclusive for Williams Sonoma. [www.youtube.com] I also went to a Williams Sonoma to handle one but they only had it's little brother the new Vitamix 300. [www.williams-sonoma.com]

I can't do a full review because I don't own the machine (though I do own it's predecessor the Vitamix Pro 500) and I haven't been able to see the design in person (a full review requires the ability to test performance which I can't do, maybe some adventerous sole will). I was able to look at the general new carafe design of the 300 (only 48 ounces, the 750 carafe is 64 ounces, both BPA free).

The video shows the features and demonstrates making homemade hummus in the Vitamix, something you should be able to do easily in any premium blender. Basic impressions, the advantages of the new Vitamix Pro series at Williams Sonoma includes quieter operation, more compact carafe (note: I think Vitamix lost a patent suit recently to Blendtech for trying to copy their square design, it's possible this is the follow up) which both fits under counters easily and is easier to clean.

Downside are obviously price, at $650, you are paying just about double for a reconditioned 5200 which sells for $329. [secure.vitamix.com] The reconditioned machines at $329 are a real bargain. The 750 at $650 isn't. It's got some nice perks. But it isn't a value based on what I've seen. I'm glad I bought my pro 500. But a good 5200 can do just about anything a Pro 500 or Pro 750 can. It's convenience. How much is it worth? To me, not twice the price.

Paul

Re: new Vitamix Professional Series 750
Date: May 08, 2012 07:37PM

One more thing, the Pro series does have one upgrade I like which is the pulse button. I actually use it as I did on my Blendtec more often than I use the automatic presets. The new 750 has 5 auto presets to the Pro 500's 3. They've added a "puree" preset and a "clean" preset (the soup, frozen desert and smoothie presets were on 500 and have carried over, they are 4:30, 60 second and 45 second runs). You can do all of this manually. The pulse button for me is the real benefit. You can do that to with the power button on a 5200, but not as smooth.

Paul

Date: May 09, 2012 01:09AM

The Pro 500 or a 5200 is fine.

Posted by: WheatgrassYogi ()
Date: May 09, 2012 03:10AM

pborst Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I've just looked at the video for the new Vitamix Professional Series 750, an exclusive for Williams-Sonoma.

That 750 is a beautiful machine, but it has too many Bells-and-Whistles for me. Thanks for the Link......WY
P.S. Williams-Sonoma has many 'exclusives'. I shop there quite often even though their prices are high.
"Quality is long remembered after Price has been forgotten".....someone said that.

Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: May 11, 2012 12:43PM

I've seen a vitamix in action and to be honest, it looked like an underpowered lawn mower (sounded like if getting stuck and hesitating at times). Then the smoothy was not that great.

Posted by: Vanp ()
Date: June 22, 2012 02:43AM

Regarding the Vitamix Professional Series 750, from Williams Sonoma. I bought it. It is my first Vitamix. It does not do anything that the others won't. How it does those things might be more convenient though. I was sold on the 5200 until I saw how the 750 does things. When I saw it in action, I could not leave the store without it. Buying from Williams Sonoma was a first class experience. I truly went in just to see a lower priced blender. I usually order online. The manager on duty insisted on showing me what it would do. I was shocked and bought it on the spot. Never have I been so happy to part with $700 bucks.

A small review for those that want to hear my impressions. It does things like the others, it just adjusts speeds and times for you. Want soup--add ingredients, push button, blender runs, cuts off, soup is done. It speeds up and slows down automatically.

Smoothy, same thing, add stuff, push button, stops when finished.

The couple hundred bucks extra for this one is worth it for the presets alone for me. When reading reviews before purchase, I though the presets would not be good, I did not expect to want or use them. I was wrong.

I know this is a raw food forum but I want to add that this makes great soup, not over cooked but done none the less, I just add this because anyone we can get into healthy home made food will be better off. Last night, a sweet potatoe and three squash,a few condiments addedand the soup was great--the blender makes it seem like it has creamy ingredients.

If you have never used a super blender, it is not something you can imagine, they really do things you don't know about. If the 5200 fits your budget, get it. If the 750 cuts your eating out down, it will pay for itself. The main thing is to get one of them, make green drinks from fruit and vegetables (which taste great too). Make your food at home from simple fresh ingredients, save your health and money and be happy with that.

I will respond to any questions about the blender or its techniques.

Date: June 22, 2012 04:17PM

Vamp,

Thanks for your thorough review. I have a Pro 500, which has some of the bells and whistles but is not the latest. So glad to hear it has been of some value. It simplifies some of the automation on a Blendtec panel.

Did the 750 come with a recipe kit for the unit?

Paul

Posted by: Vanp ()
Date: June 23, 2012 01:43AM

The 750 does come with a recipe book, CD, and tamper.

I should add it is said to be 40% quieter than some models.
The Blending container is also 64 oz but shorter than other models.

Date: June 25, 2012 04:08PM

Vamp,

Excellent. I think it's helpful to have someone who actually owns the latest and greatest post. Can you do follow up after you've had a chance to test it? Thanks.

Paul

Posted by: technu ()
Date: August 25, 2012 03:29AM

I have the pro 200, I got it after trying everything else including the blendtec. I saw the 750 and researched all the updates to the new model and went to W-S to see one. As many have said $649 is expensive. I used the 20% coupon at Bed bath and beyond to get a stainless steel pro 200 for $399 after the coupon, so I thought I would ask the store manager at W-S if they would give a discount. They will give a 15% discount if you sign up for their Visa card and then give you a$25 statement credit after your 1st purchase. I mentioned getting 20% at BBB and the manager matched the 20%. Needless to say I walked out with a Pro 750 after getting a $130 discount and a$25 credit coming.
The 750 is awesome, alot quieter, more powerful, easier to access and get things out of due to the new container that is shorter and wider. It is worth getting! And with the discount you can get it at the price of the older models. The pro 300 is fine if you want to save $100 , but the presets will be used more than you think and the stainless steel looks so much better, not to mention the settings are backlit.

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: August 25, 2012 07:41PM

Panchito Wrote:
> I've seen a vitamix in action and to be honest, it
> looked like an underpowered lawn mower (sounded
> like if getting stuck and hesitating at times).
> Then the smoothy was not that great.

I don't know where you went or what model VM they had but I have the 5200 and I was pleasantly surprised by the noise level! Yes, it's loud but I tried a Kitchen Aid that was worse. The other thing was I heard a horrific noise one day at a coffee place and they were using a Blendtec!winking smiley

Posted by: sheellah ()
Date: August 26, 2012 11:33AM

Technu, would you mind sharing the store you purchased the machine at? I can understand if you don't want to post the info here so I'm leaving an e-mail address if you would be so kind to share the location and if you remember, the managers name. I ordered the Pro 300 from another store and would rather have the 750, especially with that awesome deal.

It's designrrr@aol.com.

I think I can still cancel the order. Anxiously looking forward to your response.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: August 26, 2012 09:19PM

If the pitcher was glass I could see that enormous price hike. I do wish they'd offer an optional glass pitcher on all models, I'd buy one. A round one too, not one with those ridiculously hard to get into square corners. Why do they make it that shape anyhow? Not that I don't like the machine I've got, I do, I just can't see the point of those difficult corners. Silly design if you ask me.

Date: August 27, 2012 11:29AM

The pitcher can't be glass due to the tremendous speeds the Vitamix operates at. The pitcher shape is designed for the most efficient blending and to draw the contents through the blades, Any shape is easy to clean if you let the power of the machine and some soapy water do the cleaning.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: August 27, 2012 01:04PM

I don't have a problem getting it clean, I have a problem getting everything I've blended OUT. It's a stupid shape, square. They could at least include a special spatula or something to get stuff out with, a regular spatula just doesn't cut it.

Posted by: jalanutan ()
Date: August 27, 2012 08:18PM

Don't worry Coco, they'll invent some thingamagig with the correct shape, or someone will smiling smiley

Date: August 29, 2012 09:52PM

How can the frozen dessert be a preset though? Every time I've seen ice cream and sorbet made they had to use the tamper to get the stuff into the blades as it's very thick. What does that preset program do different so you no longer need a tamper?

Date: September 11, 2012 11:56AM

OK, after doing some research I found you still need a tamper for frozen desserts. I also learned that the machine can measure resistance and load on the blades. I had thought the presets were just timed by the item you were making. For those who have been using the 750 for a while, do you really find these presets useful, or do you find them to be more of a gimmick? I have the Pro 300 and I'm considering exchanging it for the 750. Thanks!

Posted by: ELECKTRA ()
Date: July 23, 2013 03:14AM

Hi, Technu --I hope you're still part of this forum and will send me the name and location of the W/S store and city where you made this extraordinary purchase.
I've looked for the 750 for months and haven't beeen able to find one for less than $600+s/h+tax. I have a Creations 2 ,but haven't been able to use it due to the fact that I have a large mass in my brain that's been causing great difficulty when I try to learn something new. Those presets will solve my problem and allow me to take advantage of all the wonderful health benefits available with the vitamix.
To everyone -- The absolute best price that you can get for any Vitamix (except the 750) is from QVC.com. Vitamix makes them in special colors just for QVC. Also, if you have any questions about their products, why don't you go to their website, compare the models or phone their Customer Service dept. They know everything and are trained to answer all questions. If you dont want to bother, please know this:
no matter which one is best for you, there is nothing better than a Vitamix. Nothing else lasts for 20 years.... yes, 20 years.Go to QVC -- read the customer reviews. For the record the newest V/M have a stronger motor, and are much quieter.The reason the container is wider is that in order to make them faster, they had to make the blades longer, hence the wider container. The thing runs at 240mph, and in a few months will have saved you money.
Tehnu, my mail address is: starlightrader@gmail.com

Posted by: starre ()
Date: July 26, 2013 02:33PM

saw a Costco vitamix road show. The guy put a thick oven mitt kind of material under the machine to muffle the noise. It worked, try it

Posted by: Lost4time ()
Date: October 25, 2013 04:18AM

ELECKTRA Wrote:

> I've looked for the 750 for months and haven't
> beeen able to find one for less than $600+s/h+tax.
> I have a Creations 2 ,but haven't been able to use
> it due to the fact that I have a large mass in my
> brain that's been causing great difficulty when I
> try to learn something new. Those presets will
> solve my problem and allow me to take advantage of
> all the wonderful health benefits available with
> the vitamix.
> To everyone -- The absolute best price that you
> can get for any Vitamix (except the 750) is from
> QVC.com. Vitamix makes them in special colors just
> for QVC.

I have found on Slickdeals that JL Hufford tends to have coupons for the Vitamix Professional Series 750.

Right now they have an unadvertised 10% off sale, plus the ability to add a 48 Ounce Wet Container or 32 Ounce Dry Grains Container for $50.

Coupon -- BLENDERCONTAINER

[www.jlhufford.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables