Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

must see video for Super Angel Juicer.......
Posted by: juicin' john ()
Date: May 21, 2012 11:01PM

may this video help you to see the Super Angel Juicer in its true light.....

[www.youtube.com]

when i first began following postings which were created around the Super Angel Juicer i was not prompted to get involved with what seemed to be some friendly conversation by a few people who were really happy with their new Super Angel
aquisitions.

since then i have noticed a continuous chatter between a couple of the happy owners to the point where i began to notice a reiterated "exaggeration" of how great the machine was and about what a great company manufactured such a marvelous machine.

i first became interested in the Angel in about 1994 (or 1995?) when a friend of mine was sent a free sample to test out by a company who was seeking to gain a foothold in the US market and he called me up and told me about this new juicer which he really wasn't too impressed with ......so took him up on it since i was looking a a similar machine now called Green Star and was ready to make a purchase...... after a short trial with it i sent it back to him and immediatlely went ahead and purchased my first Green Star Juicer....which was a dream compared to the cumbersome nature of the Angel.

after patiently following the recently well orchestrated threads on this forum for the Super Angel Juicer i have finally decided to step forward and offer some serious rebuttal to a basically unchallenged "rosy" depiction of the Super Angel Juicer and the manufacturing company which goes belly up and leaves people hanging "more than one time".

i hope this may offer some new perspective for those of you who need a little more information before shelling a great sum of money for a juicer which may end up costing you evan more than your outrageous purchase price.

hoping to shed some light on a onesided and so far obscure depiction of the Super Angel Juicer by a small group of posters.

Juicin' John

Re: must see video for Super Angel Juicer.......
Posted by: pborst ()
Date: May 22, 2012 06:46PM

I understand John K's apprehension given his experience with the company. No doubt, his experience has influenced his opinion of the company and the juicer as it should.

My question is "is it relevant for one person's history with a company representative or predictive of that's company's customer service or juicer performance today?". I would say no. John has done wonders for the raw food community. And his opinion matters and I respect his decision. However at the time of this writing, the Super Angel enjoys a much better rating on Amazon that the Green Star Elite Juicer does. [www.amazon.com][www.amazon.com]. Out of 62 reviews, the Super Angel had 60 four or five star reviews and only one two star review, and one one star review. By comparison, the Green Star Elite with 27 reviews had 20 four or five star review but 6 two star or one star reviews. So even with less than half the total reviews of the Super Angel, the Green Star Elite had over 3 times the bad 1 and 2 star reviews.

So, I agree with JJ, that noone should buy the Juicer based on either my or George's endorsement. Like John Kohler, George and I have just our experience. But by the same token, JJ and John K have their experience as well. So far, the current Super Angel company enjoys an excellent reputation on Amazon which is consistent with my experience and George's as well. The Super Angel provides a 10 year warranty over twice as long as the 5 year warranty offered by the GSE. It has fewer moving parts reducing the cleaning time and has bone dry pulp.

In addition, the Super Angel consistently produces higher yields across a range of produce than the Green Star Elite. [www.youtube.com] [www.youtube.com]. You get somewhere between 10 and 20 percent higher juice yields depending on the produce. For leafy greens, for 1kg of produce, the Super Angel produced 12 percent more juice and 25 percent less pulp. Other feeds were higher or lower in terms of the SA advantage. But the Super Angel outperformed the GSE at everyturn (the Gray Star was to protect the EU Juicers from liability, eyeball the "Gray star" and Green Star Elite and make your own assessment).

So, to sum up.

John Kohler did get burned by the Super Angel company in the past, that's true. And it's also worth considering when making your decision about what juicer to buy. However,

- Both the Super Angel ($1000) and the Green Star Elite ($529) are premium expensive juicers. And the SA does cost more, about $480 more. However....
- The Super Angel enjoys a better warranty, fewer cleaning parts, a lower rpm motor, all steel contact surfaces compared to the Green Star Elite's plastic contact surfaces, a higher Amazon rating, and a higher yield across a range of produce.

I think you have to pick your price point and comfort level. I'm going to let JJ's ad hominems go since I think the facts are on my side.

Paul

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/22/2012 06:53PM by pborst.

Date: May 22, 2012 07:59PM

Just be happy with your choice JJ. I know I'm happy with mine.

Paul

Posted by: jalanutan ()
Date: May 22, 2012 10:59PM

I'm guessing that the 'George' that Paul is refering to is actually me, though my given name is Geoff. Look, I agree with Paul, as I'm not going to let one person's bad experience influence my choice of juicer. I wanted a juicer that extracted the most juice, and I bought it, enough said.

Cheers, jalan

Date: May 23, 2012 01:28AM

Geoff... apologies. don't know what caused me to blank.

Paul

Posted by: jalanutan ()
Date: May 23, 2012 02:00AM

No worries Paul, I've been called much worse names LOL winking smiley Actually, the first three letters for Geoff and George are geo, so that could be where you messed up.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables