Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Raw Food to help Quit Smoking!
Posted by: lightandlife ()
Date: June 02, 2012 11:57AM

Hiya Everyone!

I'm currently in the early phases of quitting a 10yr smoking habit, the only thing that has been boosting rather than draining my energy is raw food and especially the juices, i'm tentatively just over 50% raw, and i've just had to give up all dairy as i'm casein intolerant too...so all in all i've got a bit going on!! but its so exciting, i'm seing symptoms arise, and they're being hugely helped by th juices. Has anyone got any extra hints on helpful quittin smoking combos or meals, i guess anti craving, or actually i need anti stress ones heehee! i've started a little journey blog, would love support as i'm opening doors to this new phase of my life!
here's the link if you're interested! [rawlightandlife.blogspot.co.uk]
ta!! xx

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Raw Food to help Quit Smoking!
Posted by: KidRaw ()
Date: June 03, 2012 03:15PM

Hi, I was just reading your blog and want to say you're doing great so far and good luck!

I quit smoking decades ago and I know it's not easy, especially cold-turkey. I went to Smoke Enders. I ended up quitting when I got married because I didn't want my husband to have to kiss a cigarette mouth. My brother got mouth cancer and quit, and he's now recovering from chemo and radiation. He lost much of his sense of taste. Whatever you do, don't even have one puff or you'll be hooked again. Plus just listen to the voices and laughs of the old people who smoke to give yourself some motivation if you feel weak.

And of course, the more all raw you can be, the better you'll feel. Also, try making raw recipes to make the diet more delicious and interesting.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: June 03, 2012 03:54PM

I quit by smoking a hand-rolled substitute, a combination of lobelia (chemical compound lobelin mildly mimics the effects of nicotine without being addictive), mullein and a pinch of catnip. My cravings to smoke rapidly dropped off after 2 weeks and I never went back.
Best of luck to you.

Posted by: chat ()
Date: June 03, 2012 04:01PM

I quit smoking by giving myself a little pep talk. There was something I was working on at the time and really really wanted to achieve, so I said to myself, "if you stop smoking now and don't touch cigarettes at all, you will achieve it. And if you do touch a cigarette, you will not achieve it!"

Absolutely ridiculous, but it worked. Whenever I was tempted to smoke again I remembered my pep talk and thought - I better don't take the chance! Its been 10 years since, I did achieve what i wanted (it took 4.5 years), and I don't smoke anymore grinning smiley

So that's an option, no food involved, but two conditions must be satisfied - you must want the thing you scare yourself with very very much, and you must be weird enough to believe in the scare!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables