Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Decision time: Omega BMJ330 Or L'equip 215 XL?
Posted by: dax702 ()
Date: June 09, 2012 12:19AM

This looked like a pretty active forum so I thought I'd try and get some last suggestions. I want to purchase either of these two juicers and having trouble deciding on which one to go with. They're both so similar! I saw in a Youtube video that the Omega yielded a full cup more than the L'Equip with carrots. But I'm wondering if that's a result of all the extra air introduced into the juice? The person who made that video said that the L'Equip seems to introduce less air into the juice... Anyhow, based on your experiences, which way should I go? BTW, I tried the Jay Kordich PowerGrind Pro and didn't like it one bit, sent it back today actually for a refund..

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Decision time: Omega BMJ330 Or L'equip 215 XL?
Posted by: pborst ()
Date: June 09, 2012 02:19PM

hmmm, it is a trade off. I think the L'Equip is less expensive. But the Omega has a more powerful motor and longer warranty. I don't think you can go wrong. I'd go Omega personally. I have an Omega BMJ 330 and use it pretty regularly.

Paul

Posted by: WheatgrassYogi ()
Date: June 09, 2012 06:47PM

pborst Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ...... I have an Omega BMJ 330 and use it pretty regularly.

Paul...I thought you have a VRT (vertical), not the BMJ (big mouth centrifugal). Am I wrong?......WY

Posted by: dax702 ()
Date: June 09, 2012 09:30PM

I saw another video on the Omegajuicers channel where it showed a woman loading the items in layers. For example, she'd put the apple down the chute, then a bunch of leafy greens then another hard fruit or carrots and THEN she pushes it all down the chute. That seems like it'd be a good technique for keep the leafy greens in contact with the cutting blade longer. Is this what you do? Or do you not even use your BMJ for leafy greens at all?

Posted by: pborst ()
Date: June 10, 2012 01:41AM

I try not to use a centrifugal (BMJ) on leafy green at all (except firm leafies like romaine and cabbage. ). But if I did, wrapping them into a golf ball is the way to get the most out of them.

Paul

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables