Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

wheatgrass-what's best way to get down
Posted by: carolg ()
Date: October 22, 2006 01:08PM

I have read so many benefits of wheatgrass juice. I would love to get past the strong smell of it that almost knocks me out and discourages me to start. Yes, I can hold my nose, but would love to try it without having to do that. Any tricks you can share is appreciated. Thanks.
carolg

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: wheatgrass-what's best way to get down
Posted by: alive! ()
Date: October 23, 2006 03:20AM

Well, if you're anything like me - you could let go of your nose - but then you're going to start gagging or maybe even throw up!!!!!

The best suggestion I can give is: increase your greens - any greens that you like and tolerate well. Drink fruit smoothies with greens mixed in. Make marinated kale salads - chopping the kale in a food processor - you can eat more that way. Eventually your system will become used to larger amounts of chlorophyl and then one day you'll just slam that shot of wheat grass down with no nose holding, gagging barfing or even face making! Just a big old green toothed smile!!!!!!!

Life Is Good!

alive! ps. But it still tastes like licking the blade of the lawn mower!

Posted by: Lorretta ()
Date: October 23, 2006 10:10AM

Using a straw helps!

Apparently wheatgrass has the ability to draw out heavy metals.
If you have any amalgam fillings, it is recommended that you use a straw to avoid drawing mercury from the fillings.

The first few wheatgrass shots i had, tasted fine, now i just cant bear the smell.

I have taken to using wheatgrass implants after an enema, that's my solution!

Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: October 23, 2006 03:35PM

'Habit' is the key to drinking wheatgrass juice. Budget some time everyday for drinking wheatgrass juice. First thing in the morning and 2 (or 3) ounces work best for me. Yes, it'll be strong and unpleasant at first. But after a while you'll actually look forward to your morning 'Green Juice'......WY

"Do what is best. Habit will render it agreeable and easy"......Pythagoras

Posted by: rawrnr ()
Date: November 05, 2006 10:27PM

If your body is repulsed by wheatgrass why would you FORCE yourself to drink it?

TRUST the body - it will tell you what it needs...have you tried E3 live?

Posted by: juicin' john ()
Date: November 06, 2006 02:04PM

i have found that in most cases wheatgrass properly grown will taste good. by that i mean it is sweet and does not leave an unpleasant aftertaste. alot of people are getting into growing wheatgrass. so i would expect to see the competition between growers will make for better wheatgrass product to the consumer. growing it at home is another way to do it. some companies have wheat grass growing kits etc.

ok. to answer the original question about "how to get it down" i have a secret recipe which i will now let out of the bag. here"s how ...(evan if you hate the taste of wheatgrass so much that the thought of smelling it provokes "symptoms"winking smiley

i call this recipe my "greenstar wheatgrass cocktail"

two ounces of wheat grass
small chunk of ginger
1/2 lemon peeled (small amount of peel is ok)
2 juicy apples

using your greenstar...juice 2 oz of wheatgrass (not have to be exact)
next juice the ginger and lemon and lastly the 2 apples.

serves two.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables