Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Grape seed oil expeller
Posted by: madcat ()
Date: August 05, 2012 12:26PM

Hello!
Im searching for a good grape seed oil expeller but i find only big proffesionals oil expellers. Did you know any juicer or small oil expeller for grape seeds?
Thanks

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Grape seed oil expeller
Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: August 06, 2012 03:19PM

not sure what country you are in Madcat ..but if you can continue to google search something like this [www.piteba.com] its 100$ euros ..which is pretty reasonable in price .. im sure there must be something in north america that is similar ... try googling hand crank oil press .. or something like that smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: Isha ()
Date: August 07, 2012 08:31PM

Hi,

I am looking for an oil expeller for home use as well and the only non commercial one I had found available to buy online so far is the Pibeta, the one that Jgunn has already mentioned.

Pibeta Review
[uncledutchfarms.com]

Video making hemp seed oil with the Pibeta
[www.youtube.com]

I have found two more home machines but the suppliers are Chinese companies and give no details of the products. Neither prices or where to find them.

Home Oil Expeller nationaloilpress.com
[www.youtube.com]

Home Oil expeller oil-expellers.com ( this one looks really good)
[www.youtube.com]

I have contacted oil-expellers.com. I shall be in touch in I find out anything interesting.

Isha

Date: August 15, 2012 09:42AM

Hi,

Just to say Oil-expellers ( Agico ) got back in touch and they are not supplying the machine.
I found some more info about it ( model and maker) but, not where it's available. Alibabba.com has listed Zhengzhou Maike Trading Co., Ltd. as supplier but I have checked on their website and they dont have this oil expeller.
So, no much luck so far, I'm afraid.
[zzmk.en.alibaba.com]

If anyone finds anything similar I will be interested.

Thanks,

Isha

Posted by: pborst ()
Date: August 16, 2012 06:25PM

Samson may still be an option. [www.ezjuicers.com] Just be aware it's $350 and Kohler has discontinued it due to "design flaws" even though he hasn't specified what those flaws are. I have an Indian Oil Expeller I haven't used. As far as flaws are concerned, it certainly isn't raw. But if heat is required to get oil which makes sense, you have to make your own judgement.

Here's the URL. [www.rajkumarexpeller.com]

so why haven't I used my Rajkumar? I don't have a workbench, sad to say. You need to attach this piece to something to make it viable. It's been sitting in my bedroom for 2 years now. Pretty sad. Now that we have the basement done, I will have to see if I can get my bench and try to make some virgin expelled oil. John K never liked Rajkumar preferring Pieteba. I can understand. But I need to have experience from a tool I own but have never used to assess. Perhaps the next project.

Paul

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/16/2012 06:31PM by pborst.

Posted by: pborst ()
Date: August 16, 2012 06:35PM

Madcat & Isha,

To get back to you, there aren't a lot of options.

The Samson is expensive and perhaps design flawed (look at what data you can, ask John directly at sales@discountjuicers.com). I can't honestly say about the Rajkumar. To be honest Madcat, I looked into this for hemp oil a few years back and kind of forgot about it. I have a Rajkumar contact if you need more info on their product. PM me if you want it. Best.

Paul

Date: August 25, 2012 04:19PM

Thanks Paul,
I'm not very taken by the Pibeta I must say, and the Samson is expensive with the attachment. But, if nothing else becomes available in the near future I might choose between one of these two.

Isabel

Isha

Date: August 26, 2012 10:20PM

The L'Equip Omni Juicer is the same as the Samson and the oil extractor attachment is a little cheaper. The Juicer is the same price. So, not a cheap alternative either. A second hand one in good condition might be a option for me as I need a second juicer ( if I get lucky)

Isha

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables