Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Ice cream in champion juicer or similar, vs real ice-cream maker
Posted by: chat ()
Date: August 06, 2012 09:02AM

I'm thinking of buying a good ice-cream maker, and I read that champion juicer can make ice-creams out of frozen ingredients too. Those who tried making ice-cream in the juicer, how does it come out? Is it close to the real ice-cream? And also, would the juicer be happy if I constantly made ice-cream there, would it not break or wear out this way. One thing I noticed is the champion juicer has plastic parts.

I'm asking as both good masticating juicer and good ice-cream maker are expensive, so if the juicer can do the job well I would be happy to buy it so that I can have 2 in 1.

Currently for the ice-cream making I'm using a hand blender, which is very pathetic and I already burned one this way.

>Banana ice-cream rocks!<

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Ice cream in champion juicer or similar, vs real ice-cream maker
Posted by: fresherthanlife ()
Date: August 12, 2012 01:00AM

Seeing as I can wear through a cheap to mid-range juicer personally in just months, ice cream is unfortunately a great way to break all but the highest quality juicers. You can get cheap ice cream makers online; save you the cost of a juicer down the road! [astore.amazon.com]

Date: August 12, 2012 09:26PM

Cheers fresherthanlife, I think you are right it is better to buy the thing which is designed for the purpose.

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: September 08, 2012 06:29AM

I think the champion can handle it

maybe not other juicers
but champion ain't exactly low end

i think it was designed to do those things

for the money you spend on it, it should do it

it is a slow masticating juice machine

it isn't just a regular garden variety centrifugal juicer that breaks down ( have had plenty of those)

i got a masticator juicer and it works fine

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 13, 2012 05:56PM

How often are you planning to have ice cream though? We only make it now and then and in small amounts and the old omega we've got does a fine job.

Date: September 13, 2012 07:26PM

Very often, almost everydaysmiling smiley I don't do rich ice-creams, just banana, strawberry (or mango, blueberry, blackberry etc) and a small cube of almond milk - so i can afford to have it as a regular dessert.

At the moment i'm back to using a hand blender (a new one). I like it more than the food processor because it is easier to make smaller portions. In food processor just one banana does not get blended properly, unless i add a lot of liquid but then it becomes a milkshake, not an ice cream.

I've looked at ice-cream makers, and it seems that even the most expensive ones are not ideal - some reviews are good but there are enough which point out various faults. This makes me feel reluctant spending that much money on something which is going to be less than perfect.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/13/2012 07:28PM by chat.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables