Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

I take back everything I've ever said about any other blender/food processor.
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: August 08, 2012 03:20PM

Ok, I still haven't tried making a green smoothie with it but so far the Ninja rocks as a food processor. It makes the best, smoothest, most evenly textured hummus/bean dip. It was only $50 and makes way better hummus than any food processor or the vitamix (which, frankly, sucks at making hummus). If it does as good a job on green smoothies I'm going to sell that vitamix I bought with no regrets at all.

I'll let you know how it goes with this machine, I'll be trying it out with all manner of food stuffs.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I take back everything I've ever said about any other blender/food processor.
Date: August 08, 2012 03:28PM

Huh. This is an interesting comparison test of 5 of the top rated blenders (the Ninja isn't in there). The heavy hitters actually fall short.

[www.youtube.com]

Re: I take back everything I've ever said about any other blender/food processor.
Posted by: pborst ()
Date: August 08, 2012 07:09PM

Coco,

Congratulations on the purchase of the Ninja. I doubt it was in commerce when Popular Mechanix video was made. We discussed the video comparison. Most have dismissed it because of the way it was edited and operator error, even a Ferrari can be driven badly.

Paul

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: August 08, 2012 09:18PM

Coco, I am a bit surprised by that because I have made hummus in my VM and it came out great. Very smooth, which ironically I am not always crazy about because I dig a bit of texture with certain dishes. For instance, when I make gazpacho, I turn it off after a couple of seconds and it stays a bit textured.

I have bought a compact Hamilton-Beach, which I am happy about. But the VM is nice in that there are no parts to fit together...I find it very convenient to just whiz away. Perhaps you have a new Ninja? I heard there was a new model that was supposed to be very good at high-speed blending but it was more than $50.

Date: August 08, 2012 09:40PM

This is the one I bought. [www.ninjakitchen.com]
Love it so much I got one for a friend and my mom bought one too. I don't like having to add water to hummus, that's the thing. In the vitamix you have to add so much that the flavour is too diluted for me. This machine takes no water or very little. The hummus is SO THICK! But totally smooth and creamy, I love it.

Posted by: fresherthanlife ()
Date: August 12, 2012 12:57AM

Thanks for the suggestion! It's places like these you learn the insider stuff before it hits the popular market tongue sticking out smiley

[fresherthanlife.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables