Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

how much juice?
Posted by: anadikaal ()
Date: September 08, 2012 04:46AM

Hi,

I am planning to go for a juice fast. What amount of juice per day is suitable, particularly if the weight loss is of concern?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: how much juice?
Posted by: chat ()
Date: September 08, 2012 04:53AM

Depends on the juice? Some are more rich than others, not to mention different nutrient content.

If you are interested in the amount of liquid, generally it is recommended to drink at least 3 litres a day. So if you were doing water fast, this would be the recommended amount.

>Banana ice-cream rocks!<

Date: September 08, 2012 04:54AM

chat Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Depends on the juice? Some are more rich than
> others, not to mention different nutrient
> content.
>
> If you are interested in the amount of liquid,
> generally it is recommended to drink at least 3
> litres a day. So if you were doing water fast,
> this would be the recommended amount. Don't see why it would be much different with juice.

Posted by: anadikaal ()
Date: September 08, 2012 08:10AM

Thanks. This would be mostly mix veg juice, cucumber/tomato/cabbage,beetroots and some apple or orange. where i live, the choice is limited. So I suppose, 3l will be alright?

Date: September 08, 2012 10:51AM

Yeh I suppose so - and you can drink some water as well in between juices. I'm not sure if it's true, but I suppose some detoxification is going on while people are fasting, and liquid helps to remove nasties from the body. So theoretically, the more liquid the better.

When I do water fasts I add a tiny drop of lemon juice in my water, with the view that it has "cleaning" properties. Well, in any case it makes plain water taste a bit better haha!

Posted by: alicelim ()
Date: September 19, 2012 06:56AM

can i know if we take raw juice can we take solid food like cook vegetable/light food beside dairy products? Please advise.

Date: September 19, 2012 07:07PM

It's a vegan forum so we can't discuss dairy products here, otherwise if you are fasting using juice then no, you don't take solid foods.

Posted by: kevers59 ()
Date: October 05, 2012 06:32AM

You should look into a food combining chart. I would definately advise not to do any dairy if you're trying to fast... it's horrible on the digestion.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: November 02, 2012 07:07AM

Hye..frnds.

i m plaining for go for making a apple juice.

this wn is vry

gainful for health..

Posted by: fresherthanlife ()
Date: January 28, 2013 12:33AM

A fast in general allows your body to exert less energy on digestion, which means that by default you have more available in total.

However, if you're looking purely at calories, it's very mathematical: If you consume LESS calories than you burn, generally the weight comes off unless you've got some sort of disorder.

Nutritionists recommend a 2,000 calorie diet, but that will vary depending on your level of activity, your gender, etc. Most fruit juice is roughly 120 calories, and 50% fruit 50% veg juice will usually be about 70 calories per cup...so do the math!

Always consult someone who's qualified to advise on nutrition on a fast, especially if you've never done it before--but the following resource will give you a great jump start on how to, what to expect, etc. with a juice and/or smoothie fast: [fresherthanlife.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables