Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Top 3 Best Juicers?
Posted by: banana who ()
Date: September 12, 2012 10:47PM

Anyone see this? [www.youtube.com]

I am curious why the L'Equip was mentioned, unless John wanted to include a low-end model. I am not sure if the model he mentioned is equivalent to the one I owned, but if so, the pulp was not as dry as my Omega 8006.

Does anyone have experience with the Vert? I am wondering how it compares to the 8006 in terms of cleaning ease and juice extraction.

Re: Top 3 Best Juicers?
Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: September 22, 2012 12:30AM

I stand by my greenstar elite grinning smiley its easy to clean (at least i find it to be the case) my pulp is dry, its slick looking, an i get loads of juice out of it smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: kevers59 ()
Date: October 05, 2012 06:27AM

I just watched this video today too.. Well I think he kind of said why he picked that one as being part of the top 3-- That it's an 'affordable' $99 juicer, and that it's fast, so if you're an on-the-go kind of person it would be easier you. opposed to the 8006 where it's slower rpm, but you get more nutrition out of that because it doesn't oxidize as fast. His favorite is obviously the VRT350 for his lifestyle being mainly fruits, and vegetables. Both GREAT juicers.

I personally have the 8006. It's funny because I researched for weeks before I bought it, and was mostly watching John kohler videos! Dan mcdonald uses it a lot too, along with the breville or l'quip i think. I was sold on the VRT and was about to get it, then I e-mailed John and he said that he recommended for me, to get the 8006 because it's most versatile, and ideal for someone that is getting into raw foods. I always recommend the Omega, they have the best warranty and are good juicers... Some people think Champion are the best... I've heard mixed reviews.

I have a vitamix as well, I think I'm pretty set for the most part. I kind of want to get a dehydrator. I've been raw for almost a year and just recently started to crave burritos, and chips.

Date: October 07, 2012 08:03PM

You and I are on the same page regarding the 8006 and VM. I am happy that John recommended the 8006--why did he say it was more versatile than the Vert, though?

Posted by: rawdoggies ()
Date: October 10, 2012 02:06AM

Hi, just yesterday i bought the vert and the 8006 at bed bath and beyond with a 20% coupon. both have about the same power, but i prefer the 8006 and returned the vert. vert leaves WAAAAY too much pulp. its more like a puree than juice. hard to strain as well. 8006 juice is way less pulp and comes with a sieve to strain if necessary depending on preferences at the time. both are just as easy to assemble/disassemble/clean. it is very easy and painless. parts are small and very easy to handle. also, 8006 has a handle on top so you can just grab it and store/move it. vert isn't THAT much smaller, and honestly i don't know why it even exists with the 8006 on the market.

Posted by: club ()
Date: October 11, 2012 09:56AM

Hi, just yesterday i bought the vert and the 8006 at bed bath and beyond with a 20% coupon. both have about the same power, but i prefer the 8006 and returned the vert. vert leaves WAAAAY too much pulp. its more like a puree than juice. hard to strain as well. 8006 juice is way less pulp and comes with a sieve to strain if necessary depending on preferences at the time. both are just as easy to assemble/disassemble/clean. it is very easy and painless. parts are small and very easy to handle. also, 8006 has a handle on top so you can just grab it and store/move it. vert isn't THAT much smaller, and honestly i don't know why it even exists with the 8006 on the market.

Thanks
[url=''http://www.deshmeaaj.com/'']dainik bhasker[/url]

Date: October 12, 2012 02:54AM

Why did you post the pro-8006 under two different names? I guess it's SPAMsad smiley

Too bad because I would have liked to have gotten an honest response and not a sales pitch. You must have too many 8006s on hand...

Posted by: fruitylou ()
Date: October 25, 2012 04:20PM

Is the L'Equip better than the Breville $99 model?

Posted by: lanshan75 ()
Date: November 27, 2012 06:23AM

I am totally agree with what you said,but my English is poor, sometiomes I don't know how to express my feeling,I just want to make some friends who can help me in my English and share the happiness with each other.

Posted by: pborst ()
Date: November 29, 2012 05:11PM

As always the problem with the term "best" is that it is relative. One juicer might the best at extracting nutrients but be cost prohibitive (cough cough Norwalk cough) or almost as expensive. Another juicer may be cost effective but contain bpa in the auger potentially causing exposure to xenoestrogens. John Kohler himself made the point about BPA.. Funny thing though in the absence of acids or heat, bpa is fairly inert in raw juicing. Still, it's one of the many reasons why I went with a Super Angel. Not as pricy as a Norwalk and all stainless steel contact surfaces. Slower operating speed too 82 rpms compared with other twin gear designs.

But's a $1000 and that ain't cheap. Greenstar Elite is an excellent juicer for about half the Super Angel. I don't know what the polymers are or if they are bpa free or not. given that most fruit and vegetable juices are alkaline, it may simply not matter.

Paul

Posted by: colkid ()
Date: January 13, 2013 03:41PM

So who has BPA and who doesn't.
I have been reading this thread and like the Omega o2 and 8600. I am going to look up some of the others mentioned here.
I would like to do leafy vegtables so that seems to put the O2 out,the 8600 is
slow. If the 8600 were as fast as the o2, I wouldn't writing now, I would have ordered it.
Does the 8600 have BPA in the auger?
Can you reccommend another good quality,easy to clean, fast, good juicer?
thanks, I am new to all of this, so any help would be appreciated.
Also recommend a beginners juicing book?
colkid

Posted by: mindy66 ()
Date: January 22, 2013 09:31PM

Is the Champion way out of the running these days??

Mindy

Posted by: KidRaw ()
Date: February 07, 2013 02:40AM

I have the L'Equip juicer and I really like it. Someday I want to get a good expensive juicer, but for $99, the L'Equip is great. For me the best feature is how quiet it is. The pulp is also quite dry and it's very easy to clean.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables