Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

The ultimate meal
Posted by: jonl138 ()
Date: November 01, 2012 04:32AM

Has anyone heard of this? The ultimate meal. Is it any good?

[theultimatelife.net]

Re: The ultimate meal
Posted by: RawLibrarian ()
Date: November 01, 2012 09:06PM

jonl138 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Has anyone heard of this? The ultimate meal. Is it
> any good?
>
> [theultimatelife.net]

To my knowledge, this isn't raw, so if being 100% raw is important to you, then you might give it a pass. I think there are raw products like this from Sun Warrior.

I consider products like Ultimate Meal 'emergency rations'. If you want to give a smoothie a boost, you could add hemp seeds and chia seeds, which is what I started doing. I would much rather get my nutrients from whole foods and not powders.

I did use this product, and wrote a review on Amazon. It's a decent product, but it isn't something I'd make a staple, myself. Review is below:

"I bought a small container of this to try it--our kitchen will be remodeled soon and I won't have access to a refrigerator for a few weeks. I normally have a green smoothie every day for breakfast and wanted to see if this product could be a viable substitute, used with fruit that would need little or no refrigeration. (We'll store some perishables, including berries, in a cooler on our screened porch.)

It's quite decent, actually, but I did not exactly follow the directions on the package. The reason--the directions call for about 1 cup of water (8 to 10 oz) and 2 scoops (2/3 cup!) of Ultimate Meal (along with the banana, 1/2 apple and blueberries) if you only have UM once a day. In other words, you are adding almost as much powder as water, and I thought that the texture would have been really unappetizing. I added half the amount of UM--1/3 cup--and I thought it tasted fine. It was a bit gritty even with so much less UM, and I used my BlendTec high-speed blender on the extra-large smoothie setting. My green smoothies come out satiny smooth on that setting, so it is clearly the UM powder that is causing the gritty texture.

Verdict--This is a very nutritious product, and I'll continue using it for the duration of our remodeling project. It would be good product to take on the road if I were going someplace where I thought it would be difficult to eat the way I normally do, and it would be a godsend to someone in an institutional setting like an assisted living facility or nursing home or to use for smoothies to bring to someone who is hospitalized. However, I will be glad to get back to my green smoothies!

Edited to add: I've been using this for a week. Using a milk of some sort (almond, hemp, coconut) instead of water makes a much thicker shake than just using water. I can have this at 6:30 AM and it keeps me going until lunch at noon."

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables