Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Wasted Wheatgrass
Posted by: Demogirl06 ()
Date: November 06, 2006 03:11PM

Over the past two weeks, I have grown a marvelous pan of wheatgrass on my kitchen counter. It's actually so big that it's outgrown it's pan, and I need to get a new tray for it.

Two days ago I took some of the grass and attempted to run it through my rather unsophisticated juicer. A lot of grass, six DROPS of juice.... my juicer is not equipped to handle substances this soft.

Does anyone have any suggestions for extracting the juice that doesn't involve dropping MORE money on a better juicer?

The journey is the reward.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Wasted Wheatgrass
Posted by: singinraw ()
Date: November 06, 2006 03:47PM

Hi Demogirl,
awwwwwwww I'm sorry you only got six drops. I know its hard to juice with some juicers. Sometimes I've just chewed on the grass and spit it out making sure I didn't swallow any pulp whatsoever. Its kinda tiring too though.

Ann Wigmore suggested also using a meat grinder and squeezing juice out through a cloth. I was playing around before with various greens with a grater and I used the finest grating side and grinded it all up fine so I could squeeze out the juice through a cloth. It worked too. You gotta be careful of your fingures though I used a carrot to push it up against it.

I'll try and see if I can think of any other ideas in the mean time

I hope this helps you out smiling smiley

Good luck with your wheatgrass smiling smiley

Re: Wasted Wheatgrass
Posted by: admin ()
Date: November 07, 2006 01:25AM

sounds like you let the grass grow too long. When the grass gets too long, it is no longer "juicy"

It should be cut when it is between 5" and 8" tall

Using a specialized wheatgrass juicer is a must to extract wheatgrass juice. Otherwise, just put it in your mouth and chew it until its dry! Our mouths are good juice extractors... if we just use them as such and chew our food 200 times!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables