Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Stop throwing your juice away, it's not "green". Conservation is the key.
Posted by: timeconnors ()
Date: April 01, 2013 02:35PM

I have been doing a time study of my juicing. The time it takes to get my vegges out, wash them, trim them, push them through the omega 8004 juicer, bottle and cleanup the machine and the mess. It takes about 25 minutes without pressing. To press my juice adds about 5-6 minutes more in time to my juicing time. I yield about 40 ozs without pressing, 50 ozs with pressing. About the same ratio of time/ to juice 1.60 ozs/ per minute of time spent, either way.
Heres the catch, why waste your time, money and all the energy it takes to grow, transport acquire your vegges! One still spends same amount of money to buy the vegges but yield 25% less juice. Still spends same time to get the vegges from the store , garden or greenhouse but yielded 25% less juice. We are wasting 20% of the energy inputs to product them and the farmers time by not pressing.
Just like gas mileage fuel efficiency standards are imposed by the government I think we need juice yield to pounds of produce used efficiency standards. JUST KIDDING, but it sure is "more green" to not waste your vegges and money by pressing your vegges. Where else can you help to preserve the environment by 20%!
An added bonus I feel is the pressed juice taste the best to me and "they" say it is better for you then unpressed juice. To see more check out my video at [youtu.be]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Stop throwing your juice away, it's not "green". Conservation is the key.
Posted by: WheatgrassYogi ()
Date: April 01, 2013 06:54PM

timeconnors Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
.....the pressed juice taste the best to me and "they" say it is better for you
> then unpressed juice. To see more check out my video at [youtu.be]

Tim...That's a beautiful Juice Press...and such a unique design. I may just buy one. You must have a Patent on it?
What is your website address? You gave it in the video, but I didn't get it.
Thanks......WY

Date: April 01, 2013 07:58PM

Wy, Where abouts do you hearld from. We seem to have similiar interest in talking about juicing. Would enjoy meeting you or atleast facebooking you if you like or do that kind of thing(Tim Connors, Mt Horeb, WI.)!

Thanks for asking about my presses. My ULR is www.hydraulicjuicepress.weebly.com.

Check out my greenhouse pictures on facebook I put up today. You might enjoy them at [www.facebook.com]. Do you do facebook I have a most days blog about things I enjoy on my web site or through that facebook site.

Peace and joy, tim

Posted by: WheatgrassYogi ()
Date: April 02, 2013 11:12PM

timeconnors Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
....Would enjoy meeting you or atleast facebooking you if you like or do that kind of thing

No, I'm a Hermit without social skills. I always end up insulting people.
Thanks anyway......WY

Date: April 03, 2013 12:21AM

WY We all have our own paths, peace to yours. I wonder what the insulting you claim you do is all about? No need to answer!

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 06, 2013 07:21PM

It's always unintentional WY, I take some of your comments with a big grain of sea salt winking smiley but don't think for a moment that you aren't appreciated here.

Tim, that's a lot of juice saved, especially if you're making it daily. And nice looking machine too. Good job smiling smiley.

Posted by: veganjuice ()
Date: April 15, 2013 01:25AM

Nice construction/design. Very attractive. For me though, it would take up too much of my time to do all that pressing & waiting for it to squeeze the juice out. I'll stick with a Norwalk type press system.

Date: April 30, 2013 02:45AM

I think it it as fast a method if not faster as the Norwalk and will release more juice and other things due to the greater pressure.It also is way less expensive way to make high guality juice then the Norwalk.

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: June 22, 2013 02:52AM

oh Yogi ive never felt you insulted me smiling smiley silly smiling smiley i totally get yer wit smiling smiley and you are for sure appreciated here smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables