Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

juice fasting question
Date: April 08, 2013 10:46PM

I was wondering do you have bowel movements when you juice fast? or do you just urinate alot? I was just wondering how your toxins get released, thank you

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: juice fasting question
Posted by: veganjuice ()
Date: May 01, 2013 12:57AM

Wow...115 views & no answers...this forum is great for that.

Anyway, to answer the question. You will have a few movements in the beginning as your colon empties any remaining food, and maybe a few more "along the way" as you release toxins. You will pee a lot, yes.

Some folks will use a salt water flush in the morning upon rising to stimulate the bowel & aid in the elimination of toxins. I will do that sometimes, depending on what type of juice fast/cleanse I am doing at that time.

The Master Cleanse (Lemonade Cleanse) makes use of the salt water flush & herbal lax. teas as well.

Edit - I wanted to add -

Dry brushing is recommended during juice fasts as an aid in releasing toxins/stimulating the lymphatic system. I should incorporate the dry brushing into my fasts - alot of the time I don't...I seem to forget about it or don't have enough time.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/01/2013 01:00AM by veganjuice.

Date: May 01, 2013 03:56AM

thanks alot veganjuice, i was beginning to think that no one ever did a juicefast before or didnt really know how to answer my questions. i never heard of dry brushing before but i will look it up, thanks again for your help

Date: May 01, 2013 06:29AM

Don't overlook the salt water flush to get things moving if it "seems" like they aren't. winking smiley

Some folks aren't on board with that one, but there is a large number that is. It can be tough to stomach at first (for some people) but the rewards are well worth it.

As far as juice fasts go...there are plenty of folks on here that have done them, one member I know of in particular that could offer greater info. than I has done something like 3 or 4 week juice fasts...rather juice feasts, as they are called.

Could be he doesn't look in this part of the forum that often. I'm not sure...

The longest juice fast I have done has been 10 days...if I remember correctly.

Date: May 01, 2013 12:38PM

thanks alot for all the information, i bet you felt better after you did your juice fast smiling smiley

Date: May 01, 2013 07:57PM

Much. winking smiley

BTW, the "Salt water flush" comes from the "Master Cleanse" - aka "Lemonade Cleanse". A controversial cleanse for some, I've done it 3 times and I must say it produces results. I suggest you look into it, just for giggles if nothing else.

Do a search - there is a forum dedicated to that cleanse, run by Peter Glickman.

Posted by: bent ()
Date: May 18, 2013 10:37PM

I've done a few juice fasts, and the master cleanse.

Advice I had read years ago about juice fasting said to take enemas, because enemas were less likely to over stimulate the digestive system than laxative teas. So anytime I juice fast, I do at least one enema per day. It absolutely gets the job done.

Also, on Master Cleanse, I tried the saltwater flush. Did it more than 10 years ago for a few days, and saltwater flush worked for me then. Did it a year or two ago, and the saltwater flush didn't work, for two days in a row. Put the prescribed amount of unrefined sea salt in the water, stirred it til it dissolved, and chugged it. It is horrid to begin with, almost made me vomit, but the two days in a row that I did it, it didn't cause a BM. So I switched to an enema in the morning. Got the job done. (Of course, I used the laxative teas both times I did the MC, very night sometime before bed, and they worked too.)

FWIW

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/18/2013 10:40PM by bent.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables