Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

New to juicing
Posted by: A-Bomb ()
Date: May 06, 2013 05:29AM

Hello. I'm relatively new to juicing. I've been consuming juice daily for roughly three weeks. I started by doing a juice fast for three days and loved it. I didn't have any problems with hunger or low energy. I fell off the wagon over a weekend a week or so into my new juicer and have since tried to get back on it. However I've found myself being very hungry especially towards the end of the night towards bedtime. Has anyone had similar issues with advice? I still replace at least one meal a day with juiceIt seems like something I should power through, but around 10 or 11 I look to raid the fridge. I'm not necessarily juicing to lose weight but to consume healthier foods, which will in turn lead to losing weight.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: New to juicing
Posted by: vfowler77 ()
Date: May 17, 2013 01:17PM

Sorry no one has responded to this yet sad smiley Juice won't stay in your tummy for long. How long do you wait between glasses?

Posted by: bent ()
Date: May 17, 2013 07:17PM

I've done a few, one of them was 2 week juice fast, and a I'm into my 2nd day this time around. The thing that works for me is to ignore the rule that says stop drinking juice so many hours before bed. I drink as much juice as I want, for as long up to bedtime as I want. It's just the only way I can do it, and I still get detox and I still get benefits.

This isn't something you asked about, but I'll toss it out there anyway. I found on my last fast that 3 coffee enemas a day keeps me from having bad detox. But it's not for everyone. lol

Date: May 17, 2013 07:27PM

Oops, forgot to add, on a juice fast you should make sure that you strain all the pulp out of your juice. The pulp can trigger hunger, because it seems to overstimulate the digestive system during this time when it is supposed to be taking a rest. Paint strainer bags are a cheap thing you can use, and are better and much faster than hand held sieves.

Date: May 18, 2013 06:22AM

Thanks for the responses and I appreciate the support. @vfowler77 Typically 3 hours between juices when doing a fast but it has been awhile since I've done it. I haven't committed back to a fast, 1,3, or 5 day like I had done previously, again because of the issues I had run into. I will certainly try to incorporate a more filling or 'bedtime' juice into if I can get back on the horse.

@Bent I've read a little about coffee enemas and it seems like something that can go very wrong very easily. I'm still on the fence about it need to be more educated.

On a side note, this is my first experience with an online forum. My girlfriend has found a Crohn's and loves it. She's found so much support and has developed a healthy addiction to it. Any education about decorum and etiquette would be appreciated.

"How does an ant eat an elephant...One bite at a time."

Posted by: Snapdragon ()
Date: May 18, 2013 11:34AM

Decorum and etiquette is basically don't say anything in writing that you wouldn't say to someone's face. As yourself "is this going to hurt someone?" "is this relevant to the topic" or "is this going to come back and bite me?"

Sometimes (not on this forum) my first instinct when faced with negativity is to respond in kind, but then I back up, delete, and take the high road.

Debbie

Date: May 19, 2013 12:45AM

Snapdragon Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Decorum and etiquette is basically don't say
> anything in writing that you wouldn't say to
> someone's face. As yourself "is this going to
> hurt someone?" "is this relevant to the topic" or
> "is this going to come back and bite me?"
>
> Sometimes (not on this forum) my first instinct
> when faced with negativity is to respond in kind,
> but then I back up, delete, and take the high
> road.

Ditto. But few others online seem to do this. lol

Date: May 19, 2013 06:50AM

Great, thanks guys. I hope I can get back on the wagon and join you full force

Posted by: nukleus ()
Date: May 28, 2013 04:09AM

A-Bomb,

I've been drinking kale smoothies for breakfast for the past two weeks and have noticed that I do get wildly hungry around 10 to 11pm.

Now, I'm not on a juice/smoothie fast. I just replace my breakfast with a smoothie and eat a fairly normal lunch and dinner.

As far as juicing, the wife and I just bought an Omega juicer and are excited to start introducing juicing into our regular nutrition plan.

If you figure out any tricks to quell the late evening hungers, let me know.

Good luck to us!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables