Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Using juicer pulp to enrich soil?
Posted by: Snapdragon ()
Date: May 15, 2013 02:46PM

I don't compost, but I was wondering if it would be helpful to my plants (indoor and outdoor) if I saved my pulp to mix in with the soil rather than throwing it away?

Debbie

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Using juicer pulp to enrich soil?
Posted by: WheatgrassYogi ()
Date: May 15, 2013 03:48PM

Snapdragon Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
.....I was wondering if it would be helpful to my plants

Yes, but too concentrated a mixture will actually kill your plants over time. I used to spread my carrot pulp around my Rose bushes and Grapefruit tree....big mistake, as my roses are now dead, and my Grapefruit tree is dying. Far better to make a weak Compost Tea with the pulp......WY

Posted by: Snapdragon ()
Date: May 15, 2013 04:38PM

Ok, thanks. So maybe I'll just do a mini-compost bin on the deck or something. I know nothing about it, but I can look it up. Or, I can just go back to putting the pulp in my smoothies.

Debbie

Posted by: vfowler77 ()
Date: May 17, 2013 01:16PM

I always feel bad pitching all the pulp. My sister in law tells me to use it in muffins... but I don't eat muffins, lol! I've thought about getting a counter top composter, but I'm thinking it wouldn't be able to keep up with the amount of pulp I create.

Posted by: Lost4time ()
Date: October 25, 2013 04:46AM

Plus 1 on the countertop composter. Make sure you get one with a charcoal filter though. Keep in mind that if the filter casing allows sunlight to pass through, you can "recharge" the filter by letting it sit in direct sunlight for a few days.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables