Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Should I get a Breville or a Blendtec?
Posted by: gypsyluv ()
Date: August 19, 2013 02:31AM

I want the best blender for the money and I keep going back and forth between the Blendtec and the Breville. Money is not the main issue athough I don't want to be too cavalier about it. I do not want a VitaMix because it's too tall to fit under my cabinets. Why do they make it so tall anyway?? I understand the Blendtec's lid isn't the greatest. Is there anything the Breville cannot do that the Blendtec can? What experiences does anyone have? Is it better to get the 96-oz carafe for the Blendtec? I heard the 4" blade is better because the food does not get so oxidized with it. I would have already bought the Breville at Bed Bath and Beyond but they are all sold out!

Re: Should I get a Breville or a Blendtec?
Posted by: janetc ()
Date: August 25, 2013 02:33PM

I don't know if this will help you, but watching John Kohler's videos on youtube helped me make my decision to go with the vitamix - but I have space with no cabinets above. You can search by his name. I think you can shoot him an e-mail as well but I got sufficient information from his videos without e-mailing him.

I found this video: [www.youtube.com]

I also go to amazon.com and eopinions.com to look at customer reviews.

One of the things that personally sold me on the vitamix was its warranty - 7 years - and its excellent customer service. I would check both blenders' warranties to see if you will be covered.

Posted by: flash ()
Date: August 26, 2013 05:38AM

I have had a BlendTec and a Waring commercial X-Treme MX1050XT. Now I have a VitaMix 6300 and find it much more versatile than either of the other blenders. My salsa comes out chunky on the low speed and the seeds of the berries actually are ground on the high speed attained by the VitaMix.

flash

Posted by: KidRaw ()
Date: August 29, 2013 02:51PM

I have a blentec and it works great, but I don't know how it compares to the Breville. I have a problem with the noise level of blenders, and had thought the blentec might be louder than the VitaMix, but the lady at Whole Foods said she they're about the same.

Posted by: gypsyluv ()
Date: October 17, 2013 06:32PM

Thank you everyone. I got a Breville but my husband hated it, so I took it back and got a BlendTec. It's great. Twice the cost, but in the long run it makes no difference. I got it in Stainless Steel, which you cannot get anywhere, not even on Blendtec's website. The only place you can get it is from Frontgate. How strange is that?????? But it's beautiful and actually goes with my kitchen and fits underneath my cabinets.

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: October 18, 2013 04:00PM

I agree with Jane Tec. Some of the veterans on here can verify that I peppered them with questions constantly as I went back and forth on which brand to get but I decided on the Vitamix and I am glad I did.

What swayed me was that I did not like the lack of buttons on the Blendtec. I also preferred the shape of the carafe as well as the tamper.

There are carafes that are shorter--perhaps you can get the smaller version. My suggestion would be to buy the regular size carafe and get some sort of utitlity table on the cheap to use for the VM. That way you won't have to worry about it fitting underneath your cabinet. (For the record, it fits under my cabinets so I am always surprised when people say it.)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables