Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Wheatgrass vrs Blender
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: November 25, 2006 02:45AM

Hi Everyone again..
Just a quick question.. We were going to buy a juicer.. But found out a blender would be a better thing for us then a juicer.. My question is.. if I was to grow some wheat grass.. could we just put it in the blender with water and just make a smoothie with the wheatgrass.. without the juicer..and just use the blender?
Mike & Lorie

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Wheatgrass vrs Blender
Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: November 25, 2006 03:11AM

Wheatgrass shouldn't be blended because there are sharp fibers in the grass that would enter the stomach. You could perhaps use a fine strainer. However, to retain the full nutrition of wheatgrass, it should be juiced, and the best juicer for wheatgrass is a single-auger.......WY

Date: November 25, 2006 03:51AM

Ok.. that sounds good.. So we could buy the packages of wheat grass..and mix them with water for a smoothie? What are the comparissons to fresh and packaged wheat grasss..
Mike & Lorie

Date: November 26, 2006 12:52AM

I have blended wheatgrass many times and it works great. Pour the blend through a fine mesh seive and then squeaze the pulp by hand. The fiber will be perfectly white, no juicer does that good.

elnatural

Date: November 26, 2006 05:19AM

ELL......It's uncanny how you and I never seem to agree on anything. I say 'juice it' and you say 'blend it'. Have you ever tried juicing wheatgrass?......WY

Date: November 26, 2006 01:47PM

I use a greenlife and I love how nicely it can juice wheatgrass for me. I'm really interested in this though cause my friend likes wheatgrass too and doesn't have a juicer and I wondered about how it would be for her to blend it and then squeeze it out through a cloth or something to get the juice. I know the sharp fibers of wheatgrass can be really hard on us. I was wondering what speed you put the blender on like is it on a low speed or something. Also do you cut it up I read that wheatgrass wrapps around the blades and ruins blender if its not cut up well first.

Posted by: juicin' john ()
Date: November 27, 2006 02:08PM

if you are seriously considering doing the "wheatgrass thing".....may i suggest getting outfitted with the right tools. nothing is evan close to the green star for wheatgrass juicing..while you are doing the wheat grass thing, you may as well juice some other stuff too. what i'm saying is that it isn't a whole lotta extra work to throw in some veggies after the wheatgrass is done and may yourselves some fresh healthy juices which can be stored in the refidge for up to 48 hours if you juice with green star. blender juicing of wheatgrass is quite "primitive". if you do not wish to go full value and put out the bucks for a greenstar...i would suggest the single gear "hand crank" manual z star or one of the other hand cranks on the market.

good health

jj

Date: November 28, 2006 12:59AM

wy
I wasnt saying not to juice just that blendind does work very good. Both are ok Juicing is less time and quiter.

Date: November 29, 2006 05:08AM

ELL......Remember the time we used to argue back and forth about Sea Water taken directly from the ocean versus water reconstituted from salt? You gave me 'H__l' for paying $50 for a gallon of concentrated sea water called OceanGrown. I think the price is now $100 for a gallon. I've quit using salt water in the growing of my wheatgrass. Do you use it for anything?......WY

Date: November 30, 2006 04:51AM

Yes, LOL I remember that now. I use high mineral sea salt for growing sprouts. In the future when I have veggies going I will use it on those too. Not from the ocean though like I said before.

ell

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables