Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Best Cheaper Blender
Posted by: KidRaw ()
Date: January 23, 2014 03:26PM

I was perusing the messages, but couldn't find a consensus on what's the best cheaper blender, around $100. Preferably with a glass container and quiet. When I search on Amazon and read the negative reviews first, I don't want any of them. I already have the Blendtec, but this is for someone who's just getting started, so I'm not sure how serious she is and don't want to spend tons of money on a blender that may end up not getting used.

Can anyone recommend a good one that's not too loud?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Best Cheaper Blender
Posted by: Hasbrook ()
Date: January 25, 2014 11:53PM

This may be a good comparison chart to review if you had not seen that looks at a few juicers on the market. Once narrowed down, then seek out discounts, specials and deals.

[www.hacres.com]

Best,

Posted by: veganjuice ()
Date: January 30, 2014 12:34AM

Of the cheaper models, I've always found the Oster brand to be relible. I also like Waring, and I see some of their models are in the price range you are looking for. Not sure about the glass containers, you'll have to look through them. winking smiley

Posted by: pborst ()
Date: January 31, 2014 10:06AM

I'd go Tribest Dynablend. [www.discountjuicers.com]
John has them for $169. I like the glass carafe, no worries about bpa, etc.

Posted by: pborst ()
Date: January 31, 2014 04:37PM

I wouldn't go under $200 though myself other than the Dynablend. I think you are just wasting your money. Waring, Omega, Breville all make some wonderful blenders in the $200 to $350 price range. I wouldn't trust Ninja as far as I could throw it. [www.youtube.com]. I know Henry sells
Vitamix but I think he has some valid points.

Date: February 06, 2014 09:34PM

Thanks, guys.

I checked out the Dynablend reviews on Amazon and there were so many bad reviews, it turned me off.

I always liked Oster, too, but the reviews for the blenders didn't sound so good.

The Breville's were expensive and the Waring's didn't thrill me.

This looks it this might be the one - There aren't any reviews, but it looks good to me - Omega

[www.amazon.com]

My daughter did her own research when I didn't come through, and she wants this Ninja -

Ninja Professional Blender (NJ600)

[www.amazon.com]

I just read bad reviews on the Ninja - they said it's way loud...

The name "Ninja" turns me off, so I think I'll take a chance on the Omega.

Date: February 09, 2014 08:22PM

I couldn't bring myself to waste $100 on a Ninja, so I decided to get her the best blender. I had a 20% off-one-item coupon for Bed, Bath and Beyond which didn't include the Vitamix, also got free shipping, so I got her the Blendtec -

[www.bedbathandbeyond.com]

I'm glad she's become more health conscious and nutrition-minded in the last couple years and even eats some raw foods and dishes and she's enthusiastic about making smoothies, so I feel good about this decision.

Thanks for your input.

Date: February 15, 2014 02:04PM

My daughter called to tell me that the blender came. She's happy because she had been doing her research so she knows how good the Blendtec and Vitamix are. She did say why doesn't it have a tamper thing. I guess that's a feature that makes the Vitamix better than the Blendtec. I kind of wish I had a tamper with my Blendtec, too. We're never satisfied smiling smiley

Posted by: Naza ()
Date: February 27, 2014 12:51AM

I'm using this Ladyship Organic Essence Extractor

[store.ladyship.com.au]

I know its not that cheap BUT with its function and use, it's very convenient.
I did pay for a single machine and I get 6 different easy to use function.
It is a blender, a juicer and a food processor. My family are greatly satisfied! smiling smiley

Get Fit from Within
Nazafit Online Fitness and Nutrition - CHEK Holistic Nutrition and Lifestyle Coach, Master personal trainer, IPAC Physique conditioning coach and whole live food nutrition expert

[www.nazafit.com.au]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/27/2014 12:57AM by Naza.

Posted by: SueZ ()
Date: February 27, 2014 01:40AM

Naza Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'm using this Ladyship Organic Essence Extractor
>
> [store.ladyship.com.au]

600 watts...

Posted by: sherry ()
Date: March 26, 2014 12:57PM

Hi

The Nutribullet [myjuicecleanserecipes.com] is a good low cost high speed blender at a quarter of the cost of a vitamix. Sure it's not built to last as long but if you go for the 900 watt motor instead of the 600 watt it should last for a fair amount of time and give you your money's worth.

XO
Sherry

Sherry Fernandes [myjuicecleanserecipes.com]

Posted by: Raw_Health_Nut ()
Date: April 10, 2014 08:11PM

If you want something really cheap you can go to a local pawn shop. They even have some cheap high quality ones.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables