Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Muscle/Spine Issues - Help Wanted - Juicing e.t.c.
Posted by: taylor123 ()
Date: March 02, 2014 04:52PM

I have had muscle and spine problems for about 3 years now. I was in a car crash a long time ago, as well as multiple injuries with skateboarding, motocross e.t.c. Exercise really helps me out, but I have some questions. I have tried massage, chiro, gua sha, lots of things. The Gerson Therapy believes healing on the inside out, I have been juicing and doing coffee enemas. I just want your advice on what you guys recommend. I'm not interested in something that helps with pain, I'm interested in true healing. Thanks in advance!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Muscle/Spine Issues - Help Wanted - Juicing e.t.c.
Posted by: John Rose ()
Date: March 02, 2014 06:25PM

Hey taylor123,

One of the problems with accidents, as well as sports injuries, is that it creates an area of poor circulation and then, toxins settle in that area and contribute to the Pain and the inability to heal. One of my friends here in Houston is Kenny Owens and he has worked with a lot of the local athletes in this area, as well as those in car accidents, and he has developed a technique of deep tissue message (Neuro Muscular Therapy) to help break up the toxins that settle in the muscles around the injured area.

Kenny claims that most Joint Pain is associated with tight, toxic muscles that pull the body out of alignment and he finds those tight, toxic muscles and digs his elbow in as hard as his clients can tolerate the Pain. Kenny told me that these tight, toxic muscles are a lot like an old dried up sponge and when he pushes on them, they become compressed and when he lets up on them, they have a rebound effect that brings blood and lymph fluids into the area for healing.

I remember long ago when Kenny worked on Warren Moon and the next day, Moon set an NFL record for passing for over 500 yards and when he was interviewed, Moon said that he had injured his shoulder about a year prior to this event and that it had not been the same until Kenny worked on it. I’ve heard lots of testimonials from others who had sports injuries or were in car accidents and never got relief until Kenny worked on them.

Kenny is also a Raw Foodists, so he’s aware of how toxins interfere with healing and this also ties into a seminar I went to back in 1990 with Dr. Ralph Cinque. Cinque was a Chiropractor turned Natural Hygienist and one of the first things he said was that his profession was a Sham! He admitted that the body can get out of alignment and can cause problems and that it needs to be put back in alignment in order to heal, but most Chiropractors don’t know why the body gets out of alignment, so it keeps going out of alignment, which is GREAT for repeat business!

So part of healing from a car accident or a sports injury includes addressing the tight, toxic around the injured area and Neuro Muscular Therapy, as well as Hot and Cold Showers can help clear up any blockages in that area.

Something else that comes with injuries is scar tissue and Vitalzym is a proteolytic enzyme that gobbles up scar tissue and has been successfully used for sports injuries in Europe for decades.

On a final note, I’m reminded of a story told by Dr. Richard Schulze about this surfer who had a surfing accident and became a quadriplegic and he Juice Fasted for 1 whole year and was completely healed. I would never recommend for anyone to Juice Fast for 1 whole year, but if I was a quadriplegic, I’d be WILLING to do anything to walk again.

Peace and Love..........John

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/02/2014 06:29PM by John Rose.

Date: March 02, 2014 09:30PM

Oh my gosh thank you so much! I have read what you said 3 times now to try to internalize it all. I really appreciate it!

Juicing

Deep Tissue Massage

Hot/Cold Showers

Enemas To Pull Out Toxins

Vitalzym Type Supplements For Scar Tissue

From What I've Studied, Juicing Can Really Cure Just About Anything! I'm Going To Add In Some Of These Other Things. I actually enjoy hot/cold treatments. That is, once your numb to the cold, then its a nice type of burning feeling smiling smiley

Date: March 02, 2014 09:51PM

Actually 1 more question for you John,

My brother is on methadome, for a previous heroine addiction. I've read that Gerson patients with juicing/enemas are able to get off addictions quickly, but he's worried about withdrawal symptoms, which is understandable.

Advice for him?

Posted by: KFCA ()
Date: March 04, 2014 06:57AM

Mr. Rice: Your football story on Warren Moon is a little off.

The NFL record for the most passing yards in a single game is still held by Norman Van Brocklin, quarterback of the Los Angeles Rams, against the New York Yanks September 28,1951 Check the records.

Also, though Warren Moon is tied for second place (with Matt Schaub) for 527 passing yards in a single game (Houston Oilers vs. Kansas City, December 16, 1990) the interview you recall had nothing to do with that record, but rather with a later game the Houston Oilers played against the Cincinnati Bengals on October 27, 1991, wherein Mr. Moon passed for 289 yards. The Kenny Owens/Warren Moon story was covered by Tom Blout of the Houston Chronicle, and you can read it on-line to refresh your memory.

Just to keep the football records straight...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/04/2014 07:10AM by KFCA.

Date: March 06, 2014 06:46PM

<<< My brother is on methadome, for a previous heroine addiction. I've read that Gerson patients with juicing/enemas are able to get off addictions quickly, but he's worried about withdrawal symptoms, which is understandable.

Advice for him?>>>

Something that the Gerson Protocol uses is also something that Narconon uses - Niacin. Here is an old Post of mine from a different website back when I was doing research into Addictions preceded by some of my notes…

In its reporting, The Chronicle found that Narconon's lectures often taught students information that is widely dismissed by mainstream medical experts. This includes that drugs -- including ecstasy, LSD and marijuana -- accumulate indefinitely in body fat, where they cause recurring drug cravings for months or years; drugs in fat cause flashbacks even years after the user quits; the vitamin niacin pulls drugs from fat, and saunas sweat them from the body; and colored ooze is produced when drugs exit the body.

L. Ron Hubbard, founder of the Church of Scientology, co-founded Narconon in 1966. He added the niacin and sauna components in the late 1970s. Similarly, Scientology churches often feature saunas because the religion teaches that drugs and other toxins accumulate in fat and impede spiritual development. Its "tissue-cleansing regimen" is called "purification."
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[www.crackrecoveryforum.com]
JR
Posted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 8:50 am
Post subject: Does anyone have any experience with Narconon?

Does anyone have any experience with Narconon? They claim to have a success rate that is 3 to 4 times that of other programs and part of their emphasis is on cleansing the drugs from our fat cells. Here is a little snippet from one of their websites...

"L. Ron Hubbard discovered that when a person uses drugs over a period of time, the body becomes unable to completely eliminate them all. Drugs are broken down in the liver. These metabolites, (the substances the body converts the drugs into) although removed rapidly from the blood stream, become trapped in the fatty tissues. There are various types of tissues that are high in fat content, the one thing in common – and the problem that needs to be addressed – is that these drug residues remain for years. Tissues in our bodies that are high in fats are turned over very slowly. When they are turned over, the stored drug metabolites are released into the blood stream and reactivate the same brain centers as if the person actually took the drug. The former addict now experiences a drug restimulation [or "flashback"] and drug craving. This is common in the months after an addict quits and can continue to occur for years, even decades."
[www.cocaineaddiction.com]
[www.crackrecoveryforum.com] ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: March 06, 2014 06:47PM

<<<Also, though Warren Moon is tied for second place (with Matt Schaub) for 527 passing yards in a single game (Houston Oilers vs. Kansas City, December 16, 1990) the interview you recall had nothing to do with that record, but rather with a later game the Houston Oilers played against the Cincinnati Bengals on October 27, 1991, wherein Mr. Moon passed for 289 yards. The Kenny Owens/Warren Moon story was covered by Tom Blout of the Houston Chronicle, and you can read it on-line to refresh your memory.>>>

Hey KFCA,

I saw the game where Warren passed for over 500 yards and the next day the Houston Chronicle gave credit to someone else other than Kenny, so the interview that I’m talking about did not happen 10 months later and the article that you are referring to is not the same article that I read. Do you have a link to the article you read? If your article mentions Kenny, it’s not the same article and it’s not the same interview.

Posted by: KFCA ()
Date: March 11, 2014 03:00AM

Sorry I'm a little late getting back to you John.

The article I referred to was called "Here's The Rub; Moon's Shoulder O.K." & you can find it posted to the KennyOwens.com website and clearly refers to the Houston Oilers' victory over the Cincinnati Bengals on October 27, 1991 when Moon passed for 289 yards. If you read the first couple of paragraphs, it's pretty clear that Mr. Moon was not a patient of Mr. Owens more than a day or two before that particular game. If you manage to read it differently, well, what can I say? Maybe you can post the article you so well remember?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/11/2014 03:15AM by KFCA.

Posted by: Raw_Health_Nut ()
Date: April 10, 2014 08:44PM

Gerson Therapy is not something I would recommend. I love juicing as much as any other juicer but it is not a heal all ailments like it is claimed to be. Most alternative medicines simply don't work which is why it is called alternative medicine instead of just medicine.

I am a believer in juicing and healthy living but any extraordinary claims should be questioned. I would need to see legitamite peer reviewed studies with proper controls to to believe any extraordinary claim.

I recommend seeing a doctor or two to get a 2nd opinion. Always try to avoid surgery unless absolutely needed. A good physical therapist with strong commitment on your part may go a long way. I would also recommend a high quality mattress. Temperpedic is my favorite but it is expensive. You may prefer a nice spring mattress.

Also, do not follow any advice from L. Ron Hubbard.

Posted by: superfoods ()
Date: April 22, 2014 09:26PM

John Rose,

What sort of juices do you recommend when doing a juice cleanse. The same ones as the Gerson Therapy? Please provide more info on this. Thanks.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables