Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

first juicer
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 03, 2006 11:02PM

Hi,

I am interested in buying my first juicer. I would like to use it for fruit, vegetables and protein powders. Can I put any food through the juicer? Like cooked rice, beans, soy products or nuts. Also, I think it would be quicker to make a breakfast out of cereal, soy milk and protein powder if I could drink it. The juice has to be consumed within 15 minutes? Is it healthier to eat blended foods?

reflectx

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: first juicer
Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: December 04, 2006 08:44PM

A good 'first juicer' would be the L'equip Mini 110.5. It would be excellent for carrot juice.
Good Luck in your search......WY
[www.discountjuicers.com]

Date: December 12, 2006 03:52AM

I was looking at the L'equip and it looks good. What does it seperate in the pulp bin? Is that a waste of food to just make juice out of vegetables? Does the L'equip handle any kind of food like cooked beans, cooked rice, oats, or cereals?

Posted by: juicin' john ()
Date: December 12, 2006 11:00PM

it sounds as tho you need a blender for what are describing. vita mix is really heavy duty and may be in the "overkill" category. may i suggest a regular blender in the 25 to 50 dollar price range or if you are looking for convenience i can attest to the useful ness of the tribest mini blender. i have one and i use it alot for exactly what you are talking about. the easy clean up will have you using it all the time. if you still want to get a juicer, greenstar is my recommendation, but you should make sure that you really want to get into juicing before you invest in a high end machine.

good luck

jj

Posted by: juicin' john ()
Date: December 13, 2006 02:03PM

one very important point to know about juicers....centrifugal machines such as the omega and l'equip will leave a very wet pulp. this means you are wasting a percentage of juice each time you juice. centrifugals are also noisy andlimited as to what you can put through them...they do not do a decent job on leafy green and wheatgrass at all. the only machines which extract the maximum juice and give you the ability to juice the very important green leafies and wheatgrass is the twin gear style machine. i happen to have a greenstar and i can attest to the high quality of this machine.the amount of money saved over a long period of time from not throwing away precious juice in wet pulp will probably pay for the machine alone!

jj

Posted by: llulu ()
Date: December 14, 2006 04:55PM

It does sound like you would need a blender for what you are trying to combine, but if you are in the market for a juicer, I highly recommend the Kempo Green Power juicer. I LOVE it. I have a Champion, but the machine heats up the juice and it doesn't juice wheatgrass. I've used the Breville and felt like it just didn't extract nearly as much juice -- something like half as much as the Kempo -- plus the screen in centrifical juicers in general get clogged -- I actually bought the Breville and returned it because I didn't think it was worth it. The truth is I just can't say enough about how much I like the Kempo.

Date: December 27, 2006 04:16AM

I bought a Tribest PB-200 blender. Does it take long to adjust to eating raw vegetables? I am trying this slowly at first. The vegetable juice does give me energy right away. I havent really tried any recipe. So far, I have tried vegetables, fruits and rice powder.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables