Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Omega NC800HDS
Posted by: Superjuice ()
Date: June 05, 2014 03:17PM

Anyone have experience with this one yet? I will go and try to find a vid but that is never as good as some real feedback from unbiased juicers here. Thanks in advance.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Omega NC800HDS
Posted by: Superjuice ()
Date: June 09, 2014 07:40PM

Okay I will have this conversation by myself lol. I watched the vid. with John Kohler but this does not tell me if it will have plastic shavings over time, has anyone bought this juicer yet.

Posted by: LocalRawganics ()
Date: July 27, 2014 11:13AM

My experience, you will not have plastic shavings... But I have only had mine for a few weeks.. Its an awesome juicer, juices everything at a very high quality leaving the pulp dry.

Posted by: jonl138 ()
Date: November 11, 2014 05:38AM

How does the NC800 do on wheatgrass? I currently have a greenstar but get too much foam when juicing wheatgrass.

Posted by: raptelan ()
Date: February 12, 2015 05:50PM

I have an Omega 8004 and for what it is I am happy with it. If I needed and wanted another juicer of this style I would probably purchase another 8004 instead of anything newer just to save on cost as I don't believe the NC800 is going to do much different.

I just bought an Omega VRT350 and am sorely disappointed, have gone back to using the 8004. Can't wait to sell the VRT.

Furthermore I am not very pleased with the amount of wear and tear sustained by the 8004 in the past year. The transparent housing has cracked (though not enough to replace) and is covered in scratches, and the "ultra-hard" auger has gouges too. The feed dish on the top shows much worse scratching & staining in a 1/3 inch circle around the chute, indicating that there is a mix of plastics used with a softer one in the center. I juice mostly greens and rarely some harder things like carrots and ginger, but not even very often. I have never done anything that warrants it being as worn as it is and am sure that there have been some plastic particles in my juice over time. Don't know how much it matters considering what most people eat, but I'm a perfectionist about natural things and it makes me uneasy. The 8004 also leaks all over my counter when juicing juicy things like lettuce.

I bought the VRT because I bought into the hype that it would be better and less work, and was sorely disappointed with how it actually performs. Furthermore in ONE WEEK of use with greens and fruits the screen already has a dent and there is a lot of wear on the bottom of the housing where the auger rubs against it during use. The only thing the VRT is better for is juicy fruits or lettuce which really aren't hard to do in the 8004 with a little bit of occasional alternation with something else.

With either juicer, though the pulp isn't too wet, I can get significantly more juice by pressing it with a Welles Press - about one cup additional per every quart juiced with the 8004.

I am personally done with Omega. They aren't bad juicers but don't live up to my expectations. I thought about a Green Star, then discovered the Super Angel, but after reading lots more and contemplating, I have decided to save up and get a Norwalk 275.

If I were not willing to pay the price for the Norwalk, I would try the Green Star or Green Power instead of another single auger machine, or the Super Angel if that was within budget.

The single auger slow juicers are way better than centrifugal, but in my opinion are not worth the price tag they come with.

Posted by: SueZ ()
Date: February 16, 2015 01:37AM

raptelan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I have an Omega 8004 and for what it is I am happy
> with it. If I needed and wanted another juicer of
> this style I would probably purchase another 8004
> instead of anything newer just to save on cost as
> I don't believe the NC800 is going to do much
> different.
>
> I just bought an Omega VRT350 and am sorely
> disappointed, have gone back to using the 8004.
> Can't wait to sell the VRT.
>
> Furthermore I am not very pleased with the amount
> of wear and tear sustained by the 8004 in the past
> year. The transparent housing has cracked (though
> not enough to replace) and is covered in
> scratches, and the "ultra-hard" auger has gouges
> too. The feed dish on the top shows much worse
> scratching & staining in a 1/3 inch circle around
> the chute, indicating that there is a mix of
> plastics used with a softer one in the center. I
> juice mostly greens and rarely some harder things
> like carrots and ginger, but not even very often.
> I have never done anything that warrants it being
> as worn as it is and am sure that there have been
> some plastic particles in my juice over time.
> Don't know how much it matters considering what
> most people eat, but I'm a perfectionist about
> natural things and it makes me uneasy. The 8004
> also leaks all over my counter when juicing juicy
> things like lettuce.
>
> I bought the VRT because I bought into the hype
> that it would be better and less work, and was
> sorely disappointed with how it actually performs.
> Furthermore in ONE WEEK of use with greens and
> fruits the screen already has a dent and there is
> a lot of wear on the bottom of the housing where
> the auger rubs against it during use. The only
> thing the VRT is better for is juicy fruits or
> lettuce which really aren't hard to do in the 8004
> with a little bit of occasional alternation with
> something else.
>
> With either juicer, though the pulp isn't too wet,
> I can get significantly more juice by pressing it
> with a Welles Press - about one cup additional per
> every quart juiced with the 8004.
>
> I am personally done with Omega. They aren't bad
> juicers but don't live up to my expectations. I
> thought about a Green Star, then discovered the
> Super Angel, but after reading lots more and
> contemplating, I have decided to save up and get a
> Norwalk 275.
>
> If I were not willing to pay the price for the
> Norwalk, I would try the Green Star or Green Power
> instead of another single auger machine, or the
> Super Angel if that was within budget.
>
> The single auger slow juicers are way better than
> centrifugal, but in my opinion are not worth the
> price tag they come with.

Wow, that sucks. Thanks for the report.

I use a Samson single auger juicer in masticate mode to be pressed in a second step just as you use your's. I bought the Samson instead of the 8004 because I though they were going to redesign their oil press attachment. They never did. The Samson leaks, too. I wonder if there are any single auger juicers that don't leak. Maybe they all suck in that regard. If I have a lot of really juicy stuff (like cucumbers and tomatoes) to add with a lot of leafy greens I pretty much have to use three juicers (adding the Brevelle for the juicy stuff) if I ever want to get out of the kitchen.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/16/2015 01:38AM by SueZ.

Posted by: raptelan ()
Date: February 18, 2015 12:08AM

I took mine apart to clean all the juice that has gotten into the crack around the outside. It didn't get inside too much but there were some juice stains inside. I found that the motor is held to the base plastic piece via two screws that go through notches in the plastic base. Awful design. Of course one was loose and the other had fallen out. I put them back in as tight as I could but they should probably be secured with locke. Also thoroughly cleaned the parts that attach the housing that were gross from juice leaking over time. Put it back together and so far it has stopped leasing and feels slightly more smooth. Still, looking over the details of the machine critically did not help my overall opinion of it. Spent a long time with vinegar and Bon Ami getting the residue cleaned of the plastics...won't last but made me feel better. smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/18/2015 12:08AM by raptelan.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables