Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

My first smoothie
Posted by: ReneeK ()
Date: December 06, 2006 07:06AM

How does this sound--bananas and cilantro? The only other fruits I have is an orange and a pomegranate. I hope to make it for breakfast in a few hours. :-)

Renee

Proud to be a tandem breastfeeding, cosleeping, mei tai wearing, natural/homebirthing, cloth diapering, never spanking, non-circumcising mama to two wonderful little leeches. Baby Boy '04, Baby girl '06. :-)

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: My first smoothie
Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: December 06, 2006 02:18PM

I 'Googled' Cilantro and found that it's a member of the carrot family, even though it's a Green. It's also called Chinese Parsley.
Years ago, when Natural Hygiene was at its 'peak', there was major concern about proper food combinations. But now, Fruit Smoothies are left to the imagination of the preparer, including almost anything.
I think Bananas and Cilantro would make a good smoothie, combining very nicely.
My girlfriend and I sometimes have Banana Smoothies, leaving some 'chunks' to lessen the oxidation and make it chewable. I sometimes include mulberries in mine to add a little more flavor......WY

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/06/2006 02:25PM by Wheatgrass Yogi.

Re: My first smoothie
Posted by: taylor ()
Date: January 06, 2007 07:05PM

wow RENEEK-U ARE REALLY DOING GOOD WITH YOUR KNOWLEDGE.RAISING YOUR KIDS WITH ALL POSSIBLE GOODNESS.WELL-I HAVE ONLY BEEN A RAW FOODIST FOR 4 DAYS.WHEN IT WAS THE 60 AND 70-I MASHED BANANA'S AND AVOCADO'S TOGETHER TO EAT.MY DAUGHTER WAS RAISED ON THIS COMBINATION.I EAT THOSE 2 NOW.THIS MORNING I HAD THIS MASHED NANA AND MASHED AVOCADO TODAY FOR BREAKFAST AND A HALF A HANDFUL OF RAW WALNUTS.I HAVE MADE 2 SMOOTHIES SO FAR-IN THE LAST 2 DAYS. ONE WAS BEET AND CARROT AND CELERY AND APPLES-IF THIS IS A SMOOTHIE-MAYBE NOT/THEN I MADE ONE OF 41/2 OZ. OF BROCCOLI FLOWERETES AND 2 EATING APPLES AND ONE TABLESPOON OF LEMON JUICE.IT WAS SOO SOO GOOD.U ARE EARTH WOMAN.DOING GOOD.LOVE TO HEAR ALL OF THIS.I WANTED TO DO HOMEBIRTH WITH MY LAST.I HAD A MIDWIFE WHO LIVED N A COMMUNE IN EASTERN WAHS.WHO WAS GONNA HELP ME DELIVER MY BABY UNDER WATER METHOD.THEN WE MOVED AND I ENDED UP GOING TO A PLAIN HOSPITAL.THAT WAS MY LAST.OK-THIS IS TOO LONG ALREADY.BYE

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables