Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

to "Living Foods" poster
Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: June 20, 2014 12:43PM

Hi Living Foods.

You wrote, in response to Hoko's post about green juice tasting like dirt

<<It's good to have very strong-tasting green juices and better not to dilute them with fruit or carrots, soon your taste buds will adapt and you will start to enjoy the taste. Best not to mix a bunch of different foods and mask flavors, for these flavors play a very important role. Bitter flavors especially play a very important role in digestion and increasing digestive strength. When special receptors on your tongue recognize a bitter taste, they send signals to your brain that have a wide-reaching effect, increasing your production of saliva, hydrochloric acid, pepsin, and many other enzymes and substances that aid in digestion. It increases your production of 'intrinsic factor', necessary for the absorption of vitamin b12, and also the production of bile, which improves fat digestion and helps eliminate toxins from the body. The "bitter reflex", as its called, even causes the secretion of chemicals that heal the lining of the intestine wall. Truth be told I would need to write many many pages to do full justice to all of the biochemical processes set in motion and the effects they have on digestion. And the key thing to realize here is that none of what I mentioned has anything to do with the phytochemicals in the bitter plants, all of these amazing things are caused by just tasting something bitter! Wanting to sweeten your green juice with some fruit or carrots is understandable, for we have been raised to cater to our taste buds. But such an innocent-seeming thing would deprive you of all of the above benefits. Don't be ruled by your taste buds, take charge and reap the benefits of facing these unpleasant tasting foods head on.>>

i REALLY enjoyed reading this
i tend not to add fruit or carrots to my green juices
simply because i wanted to avoid concentrated sugars

i have gotten used to drinking greens straight
no sweetening

i'll just add more celery or cucumbers

but this post made me happy

more benefits for drinking juice this way

THANKS A LOT!!!

felt inspired reading your post

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: to "Living Foods" poster
Posted by: Living Food ()
Date: June 29, 2014 04:50PM

I'm very glad that you did. I wanted to present a new perspective on adding fruit or other sweeteners to smoothies than just the 'food combining' argument, because there is much more to it than that. It seems most people aren't aware of the effect tastes have on the body.

Inspiring people is part of why I'm here smiling smiley

Re: to "Living Foods" poster
Posted by: Living Food ()
Date: June 29, 2014 05:05PM

It makes me very happy to hear that you don't sweeten your juices smiling smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables