Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Yonanas elite- fruit icecream maker
Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: July 31, 2014 03:12PM

this must be "The must have" for raw food parties. If I ever go back to one, I 'll bring it along to make fresh desert.

short vid: [www.youtube.com]
longer vid: [www.youtube.com]

I got one today. Will test it during the weekend. Don't need to add water (as opposed to using a blender). Thus, the icecream is a lot thicker. Comes with a recipe cookbook (120 recipes).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/31/2014 03:14PM by Panchito.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Yonanas elite- fruit icecream maker
Date: August 03, 2014 04:22PM

I've tried during the weekend. It is nice. The icecream (banana based) is very thick and smooth, creamier than store bought icecream. It works with a wheel with teeth. It cleans fast as it does not have many parts. The conclusion is that it gives a better consistency (smoothier, creamier) than regular icecream. If you through fruits like unfrozen berries, they come out in very small chunks (good).

recomended if you want to impress other people

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: August 07, 2014 01:17PM

I am curious--if I have a VM and Omega juicer, will it be different than that in consistency?

Date: August 08, 2014 02:15AM

The ice cream comes out thicker as there is no need to add water. It works more like shaving the babana instead of blending it. It is so thick that it looks like some solid cookie dough. But I am not sure of your expectations. I got the yonanas 987 (highest priced model). It is all plastic and doesn't look it is going to last forever. It is not a heavy duty machine like the vitamix. There was a review on Amazon (for the cheaper model) that compared it to the vitamix and said it was better than the vitamix. But, people write all kind of stuff. Maybe it is not better to you. See if you can return it if you don't like it, or visit a demo somewhere.

banana who Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I am curious--if I have a VM and Omega juicer,
> will it be different than that in consistency?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables