Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Help ! Problems with making nut butter !
Posted by: LocalRawganics ()
Date: August 03, 2014 02:21PM

Hi everyone!

So I soaked my nuts for around 24 hours, and then dehydrated them for a similar amount of time. I then proceeded, this morning, to put my nuts into my Omega NC800 juicer, with the grinding screen (screenless) on. I followed all instructions though within a few minutes nothing was coming out and I noticed juice coming out of where juice from vegetables come out !

In in addition, it was clogged and I could not even seperate the juicer to see what was going on. I noticed it was extremely hot !

Then, I decided to put a few ice packs on top of the juicer, and finally the parts seperated. I opened it up and at the end of the "screen", everything is ROCK HARD. I dont know how this could have possibly happened !? On the inside of the drum cap, on the inside where it dips, there is also rock hard "nut butter" which looks almost like plastic because it has molded.

The only thing I can think I might have done wrong is put a nozzle on. But it says to put it on in the book that came with the juicer !

I bought this juicer used, but have had no problems juicing vegetables and fruits.

Did I screw up? What is going on? Why is the nut butter rock hard? Should I throw this batch away ?

Please help !!!

Thanks

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Help ! Problems with making nut butter !
Posted by: LocalRawganics ()
Date: August 03, 2014 04:12PM

Update:

First of all, there was a lot of good nut butter that I got from this. Though, probably heavily contaminated with plastic which i have already eaten and has given me a stomach ache.

Anyways as i was taking it apart, the grinder where it pushes the pulp out, is destroyed and got completely eroded. The drum cap & nozzle are still attached (I could not get them apart) and the plastic is is broken.

Again, the juicer was used, I just called the store I bought it from, they said I could speak to the owner on Tuesday. But he wasn't sure if they would exchange it.

What can I do ?

Will Omega Juicers replace it ?

Posted by: juiceforlife ()
Date: July 08, 2015 09:01PM

LocalRawganics, why would you soak your nuts for 24 hours and then dehydrate them? Only some nuts need to be soaked that long.

You are better off just drying them out in the sun - just make sure they are well covered, and if you are uncomfortable about the cleanliness of the nuts, you can just rinse them and dry them in the sun before making nut butter - just remember to cover them well while drying them

You can air dry your nuts too if you do not have access to direct sunlight where you liove

LocalRawganics Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hi everyone!
>
> So I soaked my nuts for around 24 hours, and then
> dehydrated them for a similar amount of time. I
> then proceeded, this morning, to put my nuts into
> my Omega NC800 juicer, with the grinding screen
> (screenless) on. I followed all instructions
> though within a few minutes nothing was coming out
> and I noticed juice coming out of where juice from
> vegetables come out !
>
> In in addition, it was clogged and I could not
> even seperate the juicer to see what was going on.
> I noticed it was extremely hot !
>
> Then, I decided to put a few ice packs on top of
> the juicer, and finally the parts seperated. I
> opened it up and at the end of the "screen",
> everything is ROCK HARD. I dont know how this
> could have possibly happened !? On the inside of
> the drum cap, on the inside where it dips, there
> is also rock hard "nut butter" which looks almost
> like plastic because it has molded.
>
> The only thing I can think I might have done wrong
> is put a nozzle on. But it says to put it on in
> the book that came with the juicer !
>
> I bought this juicer used, but have had no
> problems juicing vegetables and fruits.
>
> Did I screw up? What is going on? Why is the nut
> butter rock hard? Should I throw this batch away ?
>
>
> Please help !!!
>
> Thanks

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: September 10, 2015 08:33AM

Hi juiceforlife

What do you mean when you say that only some nuts can be soaked for 24 hours. I am curious. Also, what will happen if you dehydrate the soaked nuts. Will it acquire mold due to the heat factor combined with the moisture? What is your experience on this. This is an interesting topic.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables