Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Best Blenders for making Green Smoothies
Posted by: KristinBell ()
Date: November 06, 2014 06:31AM

Ideal Blenders for Smoothies

You can find just two crucial criteria when buying a smoothie blender:

1. A smoothie blender should provide you with the maximum health benefits from each serving.

3. It should have a proven high success rate in allowing visitors to make smoothies every day.

Below are the two recommended ideal blenders for smoothies, in addition to my detailed "must-have" blender scores methodology.

The Blenders that win

#1 Smoothie Blender: Vitamix 5200

Ideal Blender for Smoothies

Our Top spot for for "Best Smoothie Blender" could be the The Vitamix 5200. This is the personal smoothie blender of preference and has the greatest overall value out there.

Because this blender grips frozen and total uncut fruits if you use Vitamix's patented tamper device, you don't need to mess around and waste any time. In fact, we guarantee that in case you are making smoothies every day this blender can pay for itself in 3-4 months.

WHERE TO PURCHASE: Amazon is the best place to purchase this blender for cheap and get discount as well.

Well, the cheapest strategy to buy the Vitamix 5200 (or almost any Vitamix blender) is from their certified refurbished catalog. The 5200 model is listed for the reason that "Certified Reconditioned Standard" on their certified reconditioned catalog page, and if you possibly could find one available you'll save virtually $150 bucks!

#2 Runner Up: Blendtec Total Blender

The Smoothie Blender - "Blendtec Total Blender" can also be a great green smoothie maker. It features a 1500 Watt motor, a futuristic automated display, no buttons or dials, and includes some sort of 96-ounce jar in addition to a book of in excess of 100 recipes.

One special feature in this blender is its automatic pre-programmed "smoothie" circuit, which means you could start it up plus it will turn away automatically when blending is finished. It will in addition auto-adjust if it needs more power to finish.

All new Blendtec blenders accompany their patented "Wildside container" which adds an additional fifth side, helping to prevent the enhancement of air pouches while blending. This eliminates the importance for repeated preventing and starting even though blending.

WHERE TO PURCHASE: For brand new Blendtec devices, Amazon is the best.

Similarly to Vitamix, Blendtec also features a not commonly known about offering of certified refurbished machines that are basically exactly like new and around 40% cheaper than paying a high price. If you are stuck on buying a smoothie blender, and can't decide what to buy, here's a nice guide on how to choose a blender for making green smoothies.

Detox Smoothies For Beginners

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Best Blenders for making Green Smoothies
Posted by: SueZ ()
Date: December 08, 2014 09:46PM

At Costco, where I got mine, the VitaMix 5200 is the same price as at Amazon but they throw an extra 32 oz. carafe into the deal for free.

[www.costco.com]

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: December 10, 2014 04:18PM

SueZ Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> At Costco, where I got mine, the VitaMix 5200 is
> the same price as at Amazon but they throw an
> extra 32 oz. carafe into the deal for free.
>
> [www.costco.com]
> ackage.product.11609068.html

Yeah but how much is that membership again? $50? $75? I am glad I bought the VM5200. Once I was in a cafe and they used Blendtec as their blender and it was so noisy. My VM is not quiet, of course, but definitely not as grating as other blenders I've tried.

Date: December 11, 2014 02:11AM

banana who Wrote:
> SueZ Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > At Costco, where I got mine, the VitaMix 5200
> is
> > the same price as at Amazon but they throw an
> > extra 32 oz. carafe into the deal for free.
> >
> >
> [www.costco.com]
>
> > ackage.product.11609068.html
>
>
> Yeah but how much is that membership again? $50?
> $75? I am glad I bought the VM5200. Once I was in
> a cafe and they used Blendtec as their blender and
> it was so noisy. My VM is not quiet, of course,
> but definitely not as grating as other blenders
> I've tried.

My membership is $50 but I didn't just buy a blender there so it's been well worth it for me. I think they have a slightly higher price on stuff for non members. Anyway it's nice to have more than one carafe and they all cost way more than $50.

Date: December 11, 2014 04:45PM

SueZ Wrote:
> At Costco, where I got mine, the VitaMix 5200 is
> the same price as at Amazon but they throw an
> extra 32 oz. carafe into the deal for free.
>
> [www.costco.com]
> ackage.product.11609068.html

If I had it to do over again I would go with the G-series professional 760 over the 5200 in a heartbeat.

Posted by: rufio ()
Date: December 31, 2014 08:08PM

Costco has a policy where you can cancel your membership and get your $50 refunded. No questions asked.

Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: December 31, 2014 09:54PM

this is the one I got at Costco online over three years ago winking smiley

[reviews.costco.com]

Posted by: Kiwibird ()
Date: January 07, 2015 03:13AM

I have a "Native Juicer" (that's the brand, it is not a juicer) blender. It's more affordable and tears through anything I throw in it. I also love the size! I can make huge smoothies in it. I've seen the Blentec and Vitamix blenders, and they look really small to me, and cost more than some people (myself included) could reasonably afford. This is my blender:

[www.nativejuicer.com]

Posted by: arugula ()
Date: January 18, 2015 03:27PM

Cnet says the $40 700W Hamilton Beach smoothie maker is almost as good as a vitamix.

Yeah, 1500W or higher would be nice, but not for 10x as much money.

I bought the Hamilton Beach. I don't do smoothies that often.

Date: January 18, 2015 05:24PM

Well that settles it. Cnet doesn't shite.

Date: January 18, 2015 07:04PM

after I got mine (Hamilton Beach Tempest 3 HP), I saw a Vitamix in action and it looked like a ~$150 blender in comparison. The vitamix was underpowered and I thought it was marketing hype. Maybe there are more powerfull vitamix made.

Date: January 18, 2015 08:01PM

Panchito Wrote:
> after I got mine (Hamilton Beach Tempest 3 HP), I
> saw a Vitamix in action and it looked like a ~$150
> blender in comparison. The vitamix was
> underpowered and I thought it was marketing hype.
> Maybe there are more powerfull vitamix made.

That looks like it has way better engineering and design than the VitaMix - that's for sure. But can it get smoothies PERFECTLY smooth? That's a big point for me - otherwise I might have gone with a less expensive BlendTec. I also would need an extended warrantee - it's only having a two year one would bother me because I'm really hard on blenders. I don't chop things like dry seaweeds and hard spices up for it, for instance. Since it's list price is almost a grand I would expect more than a two year warrantee or at least for one to be available.

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/18/2015 08:04PM by SueZ.

Date: January 18, 2015 09:26PM

I think the video you posted is for this blender (HBF 600 $560) which I think is an older model

[www.amazon.com]

here is a video compatring it to the vitamix:

[www.youtube.com]

But my blender is the HBB650. I think I paid between $300 to $400 don't remember

[www.amazon.com]?

There is a compraison of a vitamix user here:

[reviews.costco.com]

Model Number: HBB650
"I already bought a Vita-Mix 5200 about 6 months ago and love it. Well, this one has more power than 5200 but only has 2 speeds - high and low. Low speed actually is very fast; unlike 5200, which has really 'low' speed and I like that. But if all you need is a evenly blended smoothie or frozen yogurt, this one is better than 5200 because of the Wave Motion that really works."

To me, the low speed is good. you can get all parts here or cheaper at Amazon: [www.hamiltonbeach.com]

Date: January 18, 2015 10:55PM

That video comparison guy wasn't using the Vitamix properly so he made it look worse than it is. However that video did show that the one he was selling could run without someone having to hold the carafe down - something I find too scary to do with the VitaMix as it moves and jumps around under load.

Date: January 18, 2015 10:59PM

SueZ Wrote:
> That video comparison guy wasn't using the Vitamix
> properly so he made it look worse than it is.
> However that video did show that the one he was
> selling could run without someone having to hold
> the carafe down - something I find too scary to do
> with the VitaMix as it moves and jumps around
> under load.

From this chart it looks like you have #8 which was designed to be a bar blender. The one I would get is #10 which was designed to be a food blender and seems worth the extra $30 to me for the versatility.

[www.zesco.com]

Date: January 18, 2015 11:45PM

the difference is in the dial with variable speed versus time. So that is the difference between "bar" and "food" ja ja. I only use it for smoothies and don't see the possible potential for the variable speed.

Date: January 19, 2015 01:22AM

Panchito Wrote:
> the difference is in the dial with variable speed
> versus time. So that is the difference between
> "bar" and "food" ja ja.

No ja ja, don't make me have to beat you up again. You missed the difference in the BLADES. Very important.

Date: January 19, 2015 05:16PM

SueZ Wrote:
> No ja ja, don't make me have to beat you up again.
> You missed the difference in the BLADES. Very
> important.

ja ja. You are wrong. Look at the pictures, there is no difference in the blades

HBF600S container: [www.webstaurantstore.com]

HBB650 container: [www.webstaurantstore.com]

The containers look intechangeable and compatible smiling smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables