Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

High Speed Blenders With Stainless Steel Carafes
Posted by: SueZ ()
Date: January 18, 2015 11:02PM

I didn't think they existed but now I see I was wrong.

[www.zesco.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High Speed Blenders With Stainless Steel Carafes
Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: January 18, 2015 11:38PM

[commercial.hamiltonbeach.com]

yeap. It looks like my blender has a stainless container available for like $143 and it does the wave action thing. Hmm...should I get one? It does not have the square base but it does use the same drive apdapter

wave action: [www.youtube.com]

part 6126-400 for half gallon. The gallon container is $350 and don't know if it would work. With one gallon smoothy you are the 801010 boss

Date: January 19, 2015 08:35PM

Panchito Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> [commercial.hamiltonbeach.com]
> a/food-blenders-tournant-high-performance-food-ble
> nder-hbf600s.html
>
> yeap. It looks like my blender has a stainless
> container available for like $143 and it does the
> wave action thing. Hmm...should I get one? It does
> not have the square base but it does use the same
> drive apdapter

I wouldn't. Those stainless steel carafe photos clearly show they were made for bar use. Best for bludgeoning ice and blending bar drinks. They are all wrong for home use as a proper raw vegan tool as can be seen here ...

HBF600S container:
[www.webstaurantstore.com]

HBB650 container:

* PS (Thank's to poster Panchito, who posted them on another thread in an erroneous attempt to pretend they had anything to do with the subject at hand on that thread and seems to not have looked closely at the links he provided which illustrate why not to buy these stainless steel carafes unless you are interested in bludgeoning your food as you would an ice cube. Ja Ja Ja

Date: January 19, 2015 09:31PM

SueZ, I am left baffled from reading your last post. Are you saying that the HBF600S (stainless steel container) is not a good proper rawfood blender? What information or reference are you using to base your opinion? what do you compare it with, a vitamix?

These are some vids:

[www.youtube.com]

[www.youtube.com]

vitamix comparison:

[www.youtube.com]

Date: January 19, 2015 10:26PM

Panchito Wrote:
> SueZ, I am left baffled from reading your last
> post. Are you saying that the HBF600S (stainless
> steel container) is not a good proper rawfood
> blender? What information or reference are you
> using to base your opinion? what do you compare it
> with, a vitamix?

That's what I'm saying. Go back to the link of the #8, which you have, and the #10 that I like (which is made for food) and compare the close up of each of their blade assemblies to each other.

[www.zesco.com]

Date: January 19, 2015 10:45PM

I think I understand why you are confused. The zesco website is giving you the wrong blades. That website is incorrectly listing the blades of the "Tango" (HBH450 1 horse power) as "Tempest" (HBB650/HBF600 3 horse power). I would try to get a better source of information.

Official website: [commercial.hamiltonbeach.com]

tournant (HBF600) repair kit: [www.google.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/19/2015 10:49PM by Panchito.

Date: January 19, 2015 11:47PM

Panchito Wrote:
> I think I understand why you are confused. The
> zesco website is giving you the wrong blades. That
> website is incorrectly listing the blades of the
> "Tango" (HBH450 1 horse power) as "Tempest"
> (HBB650/HBF600 3 horse power). I would try to get
> a better source of information.
>
> Official website:
> [commercial.hamiltonbeach.com]
> a/beverage-prep-high-performance-blender-accessori
> es.html
>
> tournant (HBF600) repair kit:
> [www.google.com]
> nt&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=tournant%20repair%20kit

Ok now I see the seller mistake. So the maker uses the same bludgeoning blade for both of the wave blender versions, the cocktail maker and the food blender type. Bummer. I guess they are catering more to the restaurant business who's biggest concerns are cranking out 15 second margaritas and trying to make food quickly for a profit.

I don't like that blade at all and it would be a deal breaker. If you don't mind it maybe going with the stainless steel carafe would work out well for you. It will certainly be easier to clean.

Date: January 20, 2015 12:22AM

I think I am going to switch to the stainless container. I scrub my blender everyday and I know that the abrasion applied is leaching out some of the plastic for sure. Very recent discoveries say that BPA-free plastics are worse than plastics with BPA. So that may be enough motivation to swtich.

[www.rawfoodsupport.com]

University of Calgary scientists say they think their research is the first to show that bisphenol-S, an ingredient in many products bearing “BPA-free” labels, causes abnormal growth surges of neurons in an animal embryo.

[www.google.com]

Date: January 20, 2015 02:08AM

Panchito Wrote:
> I think I am going to switch to the stainless
> container. I scrub my blender everyday and I know
> that the abrasion applied is leaching out some of
> the plastic for sure.

Not only that but what microscopic evils could be lurking in those uncleanable scratches? At least stainless steel can be safely and thoroughly cleaned. You can even wipe it down with alcohol to be on the safe side.

Date: January 20, 2015 03:07AM

check the number on the botton of your plastic blender container. If it is #7 (recycling) then it is made from a polycarbonate (PC) with Bisphenol. Manufacturers use the "propietary information" as excuse to hide the material is made from and they may call it BPA free. But BPA-free does not mean anything anymore because the other BPx plastics (like BPS) have very recently discovered to be worse but called legally "safe" ("safe" only before they discovered that the other BPS was worse).

[www.rawfoodsupport.com]

The same surges were also found with BPA, though not at the same levels as with BPS, prompting the scientists to suggest that all structurally similar compounds now in use or considered for use by plastic manufacturers are unsafe.

“A lot of the alternative chemicals have not been adequately tested because they don’t have to be,” said lead author Deborah Kurrasch. “A compound is considered safe (by the Food and Drug Administration) until proven otherwise.”

BPS was discovered unsafe approx January 12, 2015. But it could take years before it goes through the burecracy of the FDA and legally called unsafe.

[eartheasy.com]

The #7 category was designed as a catch-all for polycarbonate (PC) and “other” plastics, so reuse and recycling protocols are not standardized within this category. Of primary concern with #7 plastics, however, is the potential for chemical leaching into food or drink products packaged in polycarbonate containers made using BPA (Bisphenol A). BPA is a xenoestrogen, a known endocrine disruptor.

Number 7 plastics are used to make baby bottles, sippy cups, water cooler bottles and car parts. BPA is found in polycarbonate plastic food containers often marked on the bottom with the letters “PC” by the recycling label #7. Some polycarbonate water bottles are marketed as ‘non-leaching’ for minimizing plastic taste or odor, however there is still a possibility that trace amounts of BPA will migrate from these containers, particularly if used to heat liquids.

A new generation of compostable plastics, made from bio-based polymers like corn starch, is being developed to replace polycarbonates. These are also included in category #7, which can be confusing to the consumer. These compostable plastics have the initials “PLA” on the bottom near the recycling symbol. Some may also say “Compostable.”

#7 plastics are not for reuse, unless they have the PLA compostable coding. When possible it is best to avoid #7 plastics, especially for children’s food. Plastics with the recycling labels #1, #2 and #4 on the bottom are safer choices and do not contain BPA. PLA coded plastics should be thrown in the compost and not the recycle bin since PLA compostable plastics are not recyclable.

The plastics industry has conformed to regulations by applying the required codes to consumer products, but it is up to individuals to read and understand the codes. BY understanding these simple classifications, we can best use plastics to our advantage while minimizing the health and disposal issues that may otherwise arise.

Vita-mix are made with polycarbonate and they do have Bisphenol (most probably BPS)

example: [www.amazon.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/20/2015 03:11AM by Panchito.

Date: January 20, 2015 05:41PM

I've seen a lot of plastic human food containers in grocery stores that have worse numbers than plastic often used for flower containers. It's crazy.

Date: January 20, 2015 05:43PM

Panchito Wrote:
> Vita-mix are made with polycarbonate and they do
> have Bisphenol (most probably BPS)
>
> example:
> [www.amazon.com]
> ate-Container/dp/B00125STJ6

That's an old model carafe.

Date: January 23, 2015 07:11PM

I got my new stainless container today by Fedex. It rocks. 100% compatible smiling smiley

It is heavy stainless and heavier than the original thick polycarbonate one. Taller. I would not recommended for food as you can only see the top (no see through like the plastic ones). Way healthier though as it does not have endocrine hormone disrruptors. But for smoothies, what I use it for, it is perfect. Once cleaned, you can see more dirt because the translucent one hides the specks. With stainless one you see every speck. With the new container, it seems that the blender moves on the table. Don't know why (it is heavier). The center piece of the cap is interchangeable (don't like the cup that comes with) and you could also use a plunger (bought separate).

If Hamilton-Beach marketing dpt. got it act together, they could steal the Vitamix market in a heart bit. It is a better blender AND it is available with a heavy steel container. It is just that they call it commercial. So it is a verbal label issue. I see my old container as made from the same materials as car parts. It is going to be stored. TH

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/23/2015 07:17PM by Panchito.

Date: January 23, 2015 10:04PM

I'm glad our argument had one good outcome in the end. I would be interested in the Hamilton Beach as my next blender if they ever make a bells and whistles model built with blades made for blending foods that came with a stainless steel carafe.

That will probably not happen, though, because stainless steel heats up too much and a protective double walled stainless steel carafe would be very expensive. Who knows thoughh. Maybe they could wrap a stainless steel carafe in a silicone jacket, or something like that, so they wouldn't get sued from people dumping hot soup all over themselves after being burned.

* Maybe the blender is now moving because it's become top heavy with the taller carafe.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/23/2015 10:07PM by SueZ.

Date: January 23, 2015 10:39PM

I am glad this thread came about smiling smiley

The new container looks more like a thermo. It is too heavy already to make it double walled. The stainless quality is like the one used on thick Italian cooking pots. It is not thin like in a thermo.

Heat is the worst factor for chemically leaching bisphenol out of plastics. Mechanical wear also counts. Some people use their vitamix for Hot soups. That combined with the new information about the bisphenol-s, are some considerations that would make informed peopel reevaluate the safety of their vitamix. Easy to manufacture products that come with late warnings could have a hidden price to pay. Hope a stainless model comes to the vitamix users. Don't know the reason why vitamix does not have one. Maybe there is an exclusive locked-in contract with the current Vita-mix container manufacturer and you'll never see a stainless version. Who knows.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/23/2015 10:45PM by Panchito.

Date: January 24, 2015 12:46AM

If VitaMix ever makes a stainless steel carafe they would have to target only users who would not heat their foods. It's not likely to ever happen as the market would be too small and the liability insurance would be too huge.

Date: January 24, 2015 01:50AM

The heating of the Vitamix is not a feature that the manufacturer chose. It is an unavoidable effect of friction that somehow was sold as a feature from a bussiness point of view. Oh look, it gets hot. Lets sell that to heat soup. We'll say it is to save time. To heat up 64 oz of fluid plus the stainless mass to 212F, you would need a long time and that would probably break the motor (shorter life).

Some day people will use the computer or cell phone to warm up coffee. Hey free heat.

Date: January 24, 2015 02:27AM

"Hey free heat."

Except for the nuclear power plant on the other side of the plug.

Date: January 24, 2015 11:06PM

quick update:

GOOD: The blender was moving with the new stainless container before because I moved it closer and placed it on a wet surface in order to see it better and clean it. But once it was back to the original position (dry surface), it never moved again.

BAD: The taller stainless container makes a deeper "toilet" vortex than the shorter but wider original polycarbonate container. This could be a negative source of oxidation as there is more oxigen mixing with the food.

OK: smoothness is the same as before.

So far so good and I like it. If anyone is interested, the HBF600S stainless blender sales for $631 here:

Don't have ties to the manufacturer other than a happy customer.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/24/2015 11:18PM by Panchito.

Date: January 24, 2015 11:42PM

Panchito Wrote:
> quick update:
>
> GOOD: The blender was moving with the new
> stainless container before because I moved it
> closer and placed it on a wet surface in order to
> see it better and clean it. But once it was back
> to the original position (dry surface), it never
> moved again.
>
> BAD: The taller stainless container makes a deeper
> "toilet" vortex than the shorter but wider
> original polycarbonate container. This could be a
> negative source of oxidation as there is more
> oxigen mixing with the food.
>
> OK: smoothness is the same as before.
>
> So far so good and I like it. If anyone is
> interested, the HBF600S stainless blender sales
> for $631 here:
>
> [www.webstaurantstore.com]
> 600s-3-hp-tournant-64-oz-high-performance-food-ble
> nder-120v/410HBF600S.html
>
> Don't have ties to the manufacturer other than a
> happy customer.

Why don't you make a nice very thick raw vegan soup in it to see whether or not it's only good for smoothies and bar drinks?

BTW, I have bought many things from the Webrestaurantstore and find it to be a top notch company to do business with even though I'm not in the demographic they usually sell to as I just buy stuff for my home kitchen. They do charge too much for shipping, though, IMO.

Date: January 25, 2015 12:00AM

I've never done a soup on a blender but I am sure the blender itself has zero problem blending food. Actually, there are videos on youtube comparing it with the Vitamix and they perform better. It could used for things like salsa. I think I saw on a video that the chope feature is also patented (like the Wave Action).

BTW: I've noticed that the HBF600 sells for $508 and the stainless container for $145 for a total of $653. That is, for $30 (plus $14 shipping) you could get both containers (polycarbonate + stainless). The shipping for the stainless container was ~ $14 and shipped from Hammilton Beach in Virginia via Fedex. I know there is a compatible mini container for the HBB600 but it is polycarbonate. That website does not sell the HBB600 model (cheaper), which is the one I have.

Date: January 25, 2015 12:27AM

the blender I have (hbb650) sells here for $455. I think I paid for mine a little less than $400 but on a special deal or something years ago.

[www.kitchenrestock.com]

Date: January 29, 2015 04:40PM

update: I have discovered the source of the puzzle from the stainless container moving the blender.

If I out the hadle to the left (looking from the front) then the blender moves (rotates anti clockwise). But if I put the handle to the right, then the blender reamins still.

You could use this info to place a magic joke on someone winking smiley "I can make the blender dance but you can't"

Posted by: pborst ()
Date: February 20, 2015 03:31AM

Waring also makes a stainless steel carafe that fits Vitamix. Waring blender

stainless steel container

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/619TwQf9YlL._SL1500_.jpg

Date: February 21, 2015 04:11AM

pborst Wrote:
> Waring also makes a stainless steel carafe that
> fits Vitamix. Waring blender
>
> stainless steel container
>
> [ecx.images-amazon.com].
> _SL1500_.jpghttp://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/
> 619TwQf9YlL._SL1500_.jpg

Will the VitaMix lid fit on it so you can use the tamper? Is it's blade designed for bar drinks or blending food?

Date: February 23, 2015 12:32AM

SueZ Wrote:
> Is it's blade designed for bar drinks or blending food?

That blade was designed for nut butter. But if you would like the complete set of master blades (nut butter, food, bar, greens, fruit, and icecream), you have to send a request to Vitamix with the following words:

Dear Vitamix customer service,

I would like to purchase the commercial stainless master blade kit in collectors wooden case with the 6 different designs for the professional 750 blender. I have heard that you have a new upcomming 12, 24, 36 blade kit plated gold/titanium/diamond in the works. I have a very big pile of money.

Date: February 23, 2015 01:29PM

Sue,

My understanding from reading the Amazon comments on the container is that the Vitamix tamper won't work on the Waring container because it is shorter. IOW, the tamper would go all the way down to the Waring Blade assembly. Still there are other options that might work Waring Tamper

It's a commercial blender, so beyond that I don't know anything specific about the blade assembly. I will try to see if I can get a picture.

Paul

Date: February 23, 2015 01:39PM

Sue,

The description of the Waring MX1200XTS says :"With its 3 1/2 horsepower, the Waring MX blender is great for blending everything from food to bar drinks! Learn how to make a great strawberry-banana smoothie with the Waring MX blender."

Here is a picture of the blade assembly:

Date: February 24, 2015 01:07PM

pborst Wrote:
> Sue,
>
> The description of the Waring MX1200XTS says
> :"With its 3 1/2 horsepower, the Waring MX blender
> is great for blending everything from food to bar
> drinks! Learn how to make a great
> strawberry-banana smoothie with the Waring MX
> blender."
>
> Here is a picture of the blade assembly:
> [cdnimg2.webstaurantstore.com]
> s/extra_large/35534/181655.jpg

Thanks a million!

Date: July 04, 2015 10:22PM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/04/2015 10:29PM by Panchito.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables