Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Need help finding the right juicer!!!
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 28, 2006 02:25PM

I'm hoping someone can help me with my JUICER search. Does anyone have any suggestions on a JUICER for home use, masticating vs centrifugal? Is a
JUICERS that also juices wheatgrass really a good investment, or do they tend not to make clean fruit juice? Im looking to spend around $150-25, and purchase a model that is relatively easy to clean.
Thank you for your input!

Peace, Amber

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Need help finding the right juicer!!!
Posted by: juicin' john ()
Date: December 28, 2006 03:11PM

hi amber

most types and brands of juicers in a generic sense are severly limited in their range of abilities to juice a complete spectrum of plantlife. get off to a good start with a full range of possibilities for using your machine.

the price range you indicate is below the cost of a greenstar, which is top of the line in all respects. save money by getting it right the first time. i have heard of used greestars but not too often.

jj

Posted by: rawmark ()
Date: December 28, 2006 03:55PM

I have to agree as far as greenstar is concerned. It's the cadillac of juicers. However, it's better for juicing wheatgrass and other grasses and also excellent for homogenizing.

If you want an affordable juicer that is easy cleanup I vote for the Breville Juice Fountain or Breville Juice Fountain Elite. The Elite model is currently ranked as one of the best juicers on the market. The Juice Fountain is a great juicer with a little less power. The Juice Fountain is available from Bed, Bath & Beyond while the Elite model is easier to find online. Do a search and review all of the features of each of these two juicers and purchase the one that suits you. I don't think you'll get a better bang for your buck. The Juice Fountain prices at about $149.00 retail and the Juice Fountain Elite is about $250.

Cheers,

Marcos

Go Vegan for your life, your health, the planet and, most importantly, the animals that we share this wonderful world with!

Posted by: Galileo ()
Date: January 01, 2007 05:13PM

I agree with everything rawmark says.

I have two juicers the Greenstar and the Breville. My partner will not drink veg juice which I love so I use the greenstar. She uses the Breville. The Greenstar is not good at fruit as it gets clogged even with the optional fruit screen.

The Breville is great at fruit but not good with greens so we use both every day and avoid arguments!!!!

Date: January 01, 2007 07:20PM

Hello, I am an avid juicer and visit this site and curezone often. I own 7 juicers and 2 manual juicers.

Certainally the Greenstar is the Cadillac of juicers within a reasonable price range, it provides the most nutrious juice, works best with leafy veggies, yet lacks in juicing fruit and is much more difficult to clean. The Breville Juice Fountain is marvelious really, simple to juice and dryer pulp and easier to clean. One juicer that I think goes over looked is the Nutrisource. Of all the juicers I use, I enjoy the Nutrisource most. It is the most quiet, similar to the LaLane juicer, dryer pulp and durable, been using it for 2 years now, not a single problem yet. Also, the lower 3600 rpm preserves the nutrition and enzymes better. Its price is $99.00. Check out the site below.

[discountjuicers.com]

DiscountJuicers.com is a good site for impartial and detailed research of juicers.

Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: January 01, 2007 10:51PM

When well known TV Chef Jacques Pepin was asked..."What kind of knives do you like the most", his reply was..."I like the sharp ones".
I guess this sums up JoRobertA's post above about using the Nutrisource when the Greenstar is a superior juicer.
I enjoy using my Omega 4000 for juicing carrots......WY

Date: January 02, 2007 04:03PM

Let me add some more information. When I write about the nutritional quality of juice, it is in reference to what is more commonly noted. It is said that centrifugal juicers heat juice more, destroying the enzymes and nutrients of the juice, also oxidizes juice more, thus reducing the nutritional value of juice.

I have done loads of research into this and have found this not to be true. All juicers heat juice, but to about 10 degrees more, having no effect on the quality of juice at all. To kill the enzymes and nutrients, the juice would have to be heated to about 120 degrees, this just does not happen when using any juicer I am aware of.

Oxidation also affects the quality of juice, but all juicers expose juice to oxygen, higher speed centrifugal juicers do oxidize juice more, but not to any significant amount. Just drink the juice right away.

Please read the following site for more information...

[www.discountjuicers.com]

In my opinion, all juicers, (centrifugal, auger, twin gear, press), provide similar nutritional value. When I select a juicer, my interest is in the amount of juice extracted (the dryness of the pulp), ease of use and clean up, and durability of juicer and warranty. Also, auger and twin gear are more efficient in extracting juice from leafy greens, centrifugal are better for most other veggies and fruit, for this reason, I use two juicers, one for leafy, one for all other. If I was broke, I would buy any juicer I could afford as I believe juicing is incredibly healthy for present and future health.

Just my 2 pennies,
Joel

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables