Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Jucin' John and Stories About the Angel Juicer
Posted by: All Things Good ()
Date: March 22, 2015 06:28AM

Hi All,

Hope everyone is well and in good health or are heading in that direction!

I run a youtube channel called "All Things Good" and was spammed by a youtuber called "John" on a video I produced about the Angel Juicer which I and many many people I know own.

John's youtube channel much like Jucin' John links to John Kohler's videos. John Kohler sells Juicers. This "John" character seems to have multiple accounts on youtube and elsewhere.

Now the John Kohler had a fight with Angel Juicer's and openly critises them at every opportunity. The problem is the Angel Juicer is the best juicer on the market.

Defamation if found gulity by Australian Law is a very serious offense.

Now it seems as those these forum members and many of them who openly promote John Kohler are spreading LIES about the angel juicers. These lies including the leaching of stainless steel into Juice. There is NO EVIDENCE, none! It simply does not leech metal at all.

I am a health professional and my former partner is a medical scientist. And from observation can tell these rumors are being spread without any crediabilty whatsoever. They are lies. The juicer does not leach out any metal.

Guys shop wherever you like and I highly recommend the Angel Juicer. I am in no way associated with them or sell anything, I simply and ideallistically want people to become healthier and happier and in turn improve this world for the better.

I've tested so many products and am very careful with my money. If you want to ask me any questions or watch my videos please do so. My youtube channel is here: [www.youtube.com]

Sorry normally I like to write or talk about "thing that are good" and instead post about people telling lies because I can't stand that bad behaviour.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Jucin' John and Stories About the Angel Juicer
Posted by: SueZ ()
Date: March 22, 2015 03:17PM

No thanks. If I'm going to shell out $1,500 for another juicer it will be for a reconditioned Norwalk juicer.

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: All Things Good ()
Date: March 22, 2015 08:35PM

Hi SueZ,

Buy whatever you want.

However if you want an honest comparision between the norwalk and angel then this is the video to watch.

[www.youtube.com]

Hands down the angel is better.

When the norwalk grinds the pulp it oxises it. Just look at the brown colour of the apples. Enzymes in the Juice are very sensitive to oxidisation and degrade quickly. This is why auger juicers are an improvement we have seen over time, either single or dual auger. I own both and gave the single auger juicer to a family member.

Angel juicer has the highest yield overall of any juicer I have tried.

I have compared many juicers.

BTW I am not selling angel juicers or have any affiliation to them. So my view is unbias.

The only minus is the time to do the clean up on the angel is a little longer as the screen takes about 1-2 minutes to clean if you develop a bit of a system. I use a brush (like a tooth brush) and a bottle brush, which makes it simple and easy and get a perfect clean every time.

Like I said buy whatever you want.

Posted by: SueZ ()
Date: March 22, 2015 09:34PM

All Things Good Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hi SueZ,
>
> Buy whatever you want.
>
> However if you want an honest comparision between
> the norwalk and angel then this is the video to
> watch.
>
> [www.youtube.com]

Biased - the dry bags soak up a LOT of liquid. I know because I use Norwalk sheets and have to always keep them wet. The bags would soak up even more because of the extra material.

>
> Hands down the angel is better.

I don't like the ss auger design. I'm not worried about metal leaching - I don't like all the reports of gear wear. You're going to end up drinking those particles and I've already gone through a most terrible particle problem from an ss Aladdin thermos so I don't want to take any chances of those gears going out of alignment and attacking each other while juicing.

>
> When the norwalk grinds the pulp it oxises it.

> Just look at the brown colour of the apples.

Everything oxidizes apples. Apples are not what you need a good juicer for anyway. Throw apples in the VitaMix for God's sake.

> Enzymes in the Juice are very sensitive to
> oxidisation and degrade quickly. This is why auger
> juicers are an improvement we have seen over time,
> either single or dual auger. I own both and gave
> the single auger juicer to a family member.

I'm sooo over the "magic of enzymes" spiel - seriously.

I use a single auger juicer with a blank plate and then a Welles Press. Very easy to clean and gets the pulp dry. When I'm in a hurry I use the Breville but I can't stand the finicky cleaning up of parts with tiny holes - so I know the Angel would drive me nuts from looking at it's design because it's even worse than the Breville. That, and alignment issues, are also why all double auger juicers leave me cold. I also want absolutely pulp free juice which means it must be either pressed or strained. And straining - all those little effing holes to clean again so NO.

> Angel juicer has the highest yield overall of any
> juicer I have tried.

I can tell from both of the Angel videos that my method gets pulp dryer than the Angel does.

> I have compared many juicers.
>
> BTW I am not selling angel juicers or have any
> affiliation to them. So my view is unbias.
>
> The only minus is the time to do the clean up on
> the angel is a little longer as the screen takes
> about 1-2 minutes to clean if you develop a bit of
> a system. I use a brush (like a tooth brush) and a
> bottle brush, which makes it simple and easy and
> get a perfect clean every time.
>
> Like I said buy whatever you want.

The only reason I'm considering a Norwalk is that grinder part is amazing. In fact, if I could get one, I'd like to get the grinder part without the press (since I already have the Welles Press). According to Mat Monarch the Norwalk's grinder/titrater is way way better than even the Champion's, for instance. He says THAT is the reason the Norwalks are so good - it's not the press. I wan my juice pulp THAT fine.

Plus, from everything I've researched, from people who have tons of experience with lots of juicers, the Norwalk juice tastes better that all the others.

And even though the Norwalk ginding goes so fast that people worry about the oxidation factor I don't because when the very very fine pulp is piled up in a bowl very little of it is actually exposed to the air.

Posted by: pborst ()
Date: April 09, 2015 09:11PM

To each their own. Norwalks have had issues with being able to process leafy greens. Truth is whether its a Green Star Elite or a Super Angel, a twin gear juicer is better able to get a higher yield for leafy greens. A press is designed for a high water content vegetable. For something like a leafy green, you need a twin gear or horizontal single auger juicer, in my opinion.

I really love twin gears. If I could only own one juicer, it would be a twin gear. Super Angel, Green Star Elite. They are awesome. Food processor grating disc will make the feed self feeding.

As far as the Norwalk tritator, a good FP grating disk will do the same thing at much lower cost. I have a Breville Sous Chef. But basically any Cusinart or Kitchen Aid grating disk will break down a vegetable as well as a Norwalk tritator. In my opinion.

Do your own experiment. Find a Norwalk video and approximate the yield with a good food processor and either a horizontal single auger or a twin gear and see how you do. EU juicers uses metric which is more precise. Run your own experiment. Used Norwalks ain't cheap.

Paul

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables