Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Frozen Spinach
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 28, 2007 03:21PM

Hi YA,

Can I juice frozen spinach?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: K-Tec Champ HP3 vs. Vitamix
Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: March 31, 2007 02:21PM

I've been using my Vita-Prep 3 for over a week now. The Variable Speed dial seems to reach full-power between 8 and 9, then smoothes out at 10. The High Speed override switch then takes it to another Level...plenty of Power. I don't particularly like the Black color. I do like that I can manually control all the speeds......WY

Date: April 03, 2007 09:04PM

what is this website is it www.rawfoodadvantage.com

Posted by: sodoffsocks ()
Date: April 05, 2007 08:54AM

It's a mad man's rantings the last time I looked. I haven't really been motivated check out an changes. Sometimes the nutty owners of the site post here, but it's normally just stuff to sell things on their website. I found them kind of rude, also I thought the things they claimed and the tone they claimed them in to be detrimental to the image and promotion of the raw vegan life style.

Date: April 05, 2007 08:20PM

Whew....For a minute there I thought you were talking about me. I've visited [www.RawFoodAdvantage.com] but can't figure out how to buy anything. There is some good Philosophy there if you read between the lines......WY

Posted by: sodoffsocks ()
Date: April 06, 2007 12:59AM

Heh, sorry! No you're not mad.

Oh, and thanks for posting the Vita Prep 3 info you found.

Cheers,
Ian.

Date: April 06, 2007 06:23PM

the guy talks about the 3hp being more powerful than the 2hp vitamixer.

an earlier post said that they spoke to a vitamixer person regarding the calculation
of power and that some website was claiming this and that, these guys at raw advantage are saying that the vita mixer 500 is crap compared to prep 3

i live in the uk and the vita mixer runs off 240volts does this make it more powerful than say the usa one

best
pete

Date: April 11, 2007 03:07AM

robbojnr......Look on the back of your Vita-Mix and multiply the Amps by the Volts to get the Watts. My Vita-Prep 3 has 1500 Watts of Power. My Vita-Mix 5000 had 1380 Watts. There is a noticeable difference.....WY

Date: April 15, 2007 04:16AM

Does anybody know of a glass carafe substitute for the polycarbonate carafes all the 3HP blenders seem to come with?

I'd like to get the Vita-Prep. Somehow, replacing my plastic food containers with glass ones, then buying an expensive blender where my peak nutrition food is in daily contact with plastic just doesn't make sense.

I know the plastic is hard, but don't like thinking of the avocado and apricot pits getting pulverized while scratching past plastic with bisphenol A in it.

Any ideas? Thank you so much!

Date: April 16, 2007 09:31PM

Ellen Marie.....That's a good idea about a glass carafe to fit a 3-hp blender. There's no such Animal. It'll probably be better for you buy a lower powered blender with glass, if you don't like the Plastic Containers.
What are you doing blending avocado and apricot pits.....anyway?

Date: April 17, 2007 01:53AM

Hi, Yogi,

Thanks for the reply. I want to blend the pits for the anti-cancer nutrients in them. It was recommended on a website along the way, the bulk of the pit being fiber. It takes enough time to prepare food from scratch now, including growing some of it, so if I can blend the whole pit, that's labor saving. I wouldn't mind dropping in a cinnamon stick (love cinnamon!) either, and they need some power to pulverize.

I've written Vita-Mix about a glass carafe and will let you know what they reply. My low-powered blender with the glass carafe just bogs down with what I want it to do, so I end up blending some, then grinding a little of this and a little of that in batches and stirring it in another bigger container.

I was hoping with all of the high-power blender people on the site, who have provided so much great information, that someone might have found a glass carafe from one blender that fits the Vita-Prep.

Time to go water my first crop of wheatgrass. What fun! And thank you.

Date: April 17, 2007 10:39AM

EM.....That's exciting about your first crop of Wheatgrass. Savor the experience. That reminds me to renew my feelings for the Green Grass.
I would recommend an Alkaline Juice Diet for cancer treatment. I'd stay away from the high protein (and fat) found in seeds, nuts, and pits. Starve the cancer rather than feeding it.
Vita-Mix used to make a stainless steel carafe to fit their blenders, but have discontinued it......WY

Date: April 17, 2007 10:47PM

I'm a big fan of the Vitaprep 3 but the container isn't as easy to clean as the Blendtec.

Date: April 18, 2007 01:57AM

danica21.....I can see that from the pictures of the Blendtec. There is more of a 'flair' to the sides. The carafe of the Vita-Prep 3 is not that difficult to clean. The blades never need to be removed, and soap need not be used. It's more of a rinsing rather than a cleansing......WY

Date: April 24, 2007 07:02PM

I've been wondering if we need the full power of a 3-hp blender for our food preparation? Blended Salads can be done at low speeds. Smoothies, at high speeds, only put oxygen, and oxidation, into the mix.
I make fertilizer in my blender for wheatgrass growing and feel I need the full power of my Vita-Prep 3 to break down the cell walls of the veggie scraps I use. But my food prep is always at low power.
Does anyone have a thought about this?.....WY

Date: April 27, 2007 10:22PM

Is the blender still available for sale? Thanks!

Date: April 27, 2007 10:44PM

Sorry, I was asking smcdanie (Scott) about his Blendtec blender.

Date: July 04, 2007 10:44AM

Hi ya'll,
I''m SO glad to find this discussion! I've been wandering around the web for weeks trying to figure out which blender is best. I finally went for the Vitamix 5000, which i received and have about 24 days before i can no longer return it if needed.
Yes, blindguru (used to be rawfoodadvantage) gives info which seems extreme..i find i don't really trust what he's saying half the time.

My questions:

Some one on this discussion said that the Vitamix people said that the 5000 is as powerful as the Vitaprep 3, but someone else here said that their vitamix prep is definitely more powerful...any other comments on that?

Is it advisable to leave small bits of green leaves in green smoothies, as Raw foods for busy People suggests? Or is it easier to digest, if blended to a very very smoothness?

BUT...Does the longer you blend add more oxygenation, and thus oxidation?

Will a higher HP make it so you can blend smoother, more digestible foods, with less oxydation?

Does anyone know if those devices on blindguru.com's site to pump air out of smoothies, actually work??

Wheatgrass Yogi: Is the noise level for your Vitamix Prep 3 louder than the Vitamix 5000?

If so, will a 15000 watt blender, like the blendtec or vitamix prep 3, make the food easier to digest enough to make it worth the higher noise level?

I've read elsewhere that the blendtec doesn't last as long as the Vitamix. Any comments on that?

thanks!
meg

Date: July 04, 2007 12:15PM

Magpie.....My Vita-Prep 3 is definitely more powerful (and louder) than my Vita-Mix 5000. I use the Vita-Prep 3 for preparing a fertilizer mix for Wheatgrass. I feel I need the extra power. Your Vita-Mix 5000 is probably all you'll ever need. I wouldn't worry so much if I were you. The 5000 is a fine Blender.....WY

Date: July 04, 2007 06:05PM

Hi wheatgrass yogi,
great! I notice that i still sometimes get a little upset tummy, a little gas soon after eating a green smoothie. Do you think that the Vitamix Prep would help with that more than the 5000?
Or maybe after a few more weeks drinking green smoothies, my digestion will improve enough to handle them?
i've been doing the green drinks for about 2 weeks now, and eating a lot of raw.

Also, since the Blendtec will fit under my cabinet I'd prefer to get that one, but have heard the service and quality isn't as reliable as the Vitamix,

ALSO, any suggestions for a blender that i can get in western europe, with 220volts?

Date: July 04, 2007 09:31PM

Hi pete,
i'm looking for a 2 or 3 HP blender (or 1300 to 1500 watt) blender for when i live in Holland 3 to 4 months each year, that works with the 220 volts ya'll have over there. ANy recommendations about what kind, and where my Dutch girlfriend could buy one online?
thanks,
meg

Date: July 08, 2007 02:08PM

Wheatgrass Yogi Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I've been wondering if we need the full power of a
> 3-hp blender for our food preparation? Blended
> Salads can be done at low speeds. Smoothies, at
> high speeds, only put oxygen, and oxidation, into
> the mix.
> I make fertilizer in my blender for wheatgrass
> growing and feel I need the full power of my
> Vita-Prep 3 to break down the cell walls of the
> veggie scraps I use. But my food prep is always at
> low power.
> Does anyone have a thought about this?.....WY

yeah, on high speeds with my Vitamix 5000, there's a lot of foam, yech...today i scrapped the foam off (and put it on my garden), since i still feel a bit queasy after eating the green smoothies, but that is getting better.
I still have a question about this....is it better to break down the cell wall, i guess you need a 1500 watt - LOUDER - blender for this, and maybe this makes also more foam and oxidation? OR to use a 1300 or so watt blender like the vitamix 5000, and chew chew chew the smoothie?

any thoughts about this?
meg

Date: July 08, 2007 05:38PM

Meg....I'm not sure what is best. I'm leaning towards All-Liquid meals for myself, so high-speed blending suits me for now. However, there's a lot to be said for loosely blended meals, with low oxidation and lots of chewing.....WY

Posted by: kalechick ()
Date: September 28, 2007 05:16PM

Rawgetarian,

I know this is coming in late but I just joined this site and found it doing a Google search. Who is the company selling the Blendtec KTec for $310.00?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/28/2007 05:17PM by kalechick.

Posted by: karennd ()
Date: September 28, 2007 05:27PM

I know the raw gourmet at [www.rawgourmet.com] had them on sale at one time.

Date: September 28, 2007 08:25PM

karennd,

Yes, I've checked them out. I got a quote from one place for $324.99 but $310.00 is even better posted by Rawgetarian.

Date: September 28, 2007 09:51PM

I hope you can find them for that price. I sure like mine and I bought mine from the raw gourmet. The only thing I wish I had was a lid with a tapper. That would be nice. I have to stop the blender and push things down and start up again.

Date: September 29, 2007 11:26PM

karennd,

So you have the Blendtec and you like it? It works well and all?

Date: September 30, 2007 05:08AM

Yes, I love it. It works great. It's short enough to fit under the kitchen shelves on the counter. It is very powerful and very easy to clean - everything (except the motor of course) fits in the dishwasher. It has 4 settings that does variable speeds that it rotates through, a pulse setting, and a plain speed setting.

Date: September 30, 2007 06:04AM

karennd,

Thanks, the Blendtec is the one I can afford right now as the Vitamix is more expensive. Also I've been reading about the Jack LaLanne Healthmaster 100 that is similar to the Vitamix and is only $150.00 but don't know anyone who owns one or even if it's good. So many people seem to love the Blendtec so that's a good sign. I appreciate your feedback.

Pages: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables