Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

What's the Best Juicer?
Posted by: Lois ()
Date: April 28, 2015 05:40PM

I just got the VSJ843 juicer and so far I like it a lot. John Kohler said it's his favorite juicer, also.

So I was wondering if anyone else has this juicer or has tried it and thinks it's the best or is there another one out there I should have gotten.

smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/28/2015 05:42PM by Lois.

Re: What's the Best Juicer?
Posted by: Shwepps ()
Date: May 27, 2015 08:11AM

This is a complicated question. If you need a cold press juicer for leafy greens you'd better take a horizontal masticating juicer and if you mostly juicing fruits, you'd better take a vertical juicer. Here is more info about that kind of juicers: http://bestpressjuicers.com/

Posted by: pborst ()
Date: June 02, 2015 05:08PM

I think Omega's in general are hard to beat. 15 year warranties, constant upgrades. The old Omega 8004 for $259 is very hard to beat. I bet it's cheaper now.

For a raw living food lifestyle, leafy greens are paramount. Don't generally want to juice fruits. The VSJ 843 is certainly an excellent juicer, but so is the Omega NC 800, Tribest Slowstar and Greenstar Elite. Super Angel 5500. Too many good juicers to say one is the best. There are better values to be sure. But "best" is pretty subjective. For raw food though, single auger and twin gear do very well. Don't have to spend $500 or $1000 for a very very good juicer though. Make use of Craigslist for one owner who is looking to upgrade. That would be me!! winking smiley j/k. Buying used and reconditioned can save you money though.

Date: June 04, 2015 10:06PM

Thanks Paul!

I was going to get the Omega VRT 330, but then I saw this video where John Kohler said the VSJ843 was his favorite. He gave a Kuvings Whole Slow Juicer to his girlfriend -

The Best Juicer According to my Girlfriend

[www.youtube.com]

and I figured I'd pay the extra and get the newest one. It's real quiet, easy to clean, almost no pulp or foam. It's great - much better than the L'Equip centrifugal juicer I was using.

Date: June 05, 2015 12:40AM

Lois Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The Best Juicer According to my Girlfriend

> [www.youtube.com]

They're such a cute couple! And I like that he chose a natural girl rather than a phony.

And it's sweet that he gives her juicers smiling smiley

Posted by: juiceforlife ()
Date: July 08, 2015 08:47PM

Do not skimp on a juicer. Anything under$1000 is not going to do a good job if you want to be a serious juicer.

Start with a super angel deluxe (around $1500) and work your way up and you will thank yourself..
http://www.amazon.com/Super-Angel-DELUXE-Extracting-Housing/dp/B00KRN9HKE/ref=sr_1_2?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1436388115&sr=1-2&keywords=super+angel+juicer

Can you put a price tag on your health? Ditch the large screen TV and fancy car. Get a top quality juicer.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables