Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Masticating vs Blending nut milks
Posted by: screaminglamb ()
Date: April 28, 2015 07:21PM

Just got in a shipment of raw organic cashews which I'm planning on processing into nut milk later today. Now I just found out that it's not neccessary to strain cashew milk if it's processed in a blender but I was wondering if the yields for almond milk or other nuts are improved by blending as opposed to masticating?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Masticating vs Blending nut milks
Posted by: SueZ ()
Date: May 01, 2015 08:41PM

Sorry, I'm not understanding your question but, in general, the more finely divided the powder the more nut milk yield you can expect.

Re: Masticating vs Blending nut milks
Posted by: juiceforlife ()
Date: July 08, 2015 08:56PM

Nut milk needs a little coaxing and TLC. Do not expect perfect nut milk to come out of the blender or juicer just like that. you need to use a sack (sold on amazon or in a pinch you can get one at home depot - a paint strainer sack, but the safety is probably questionable). best to use an organic non dyed/non bleached cotton nut sack

My girlfried is in charge of making nut milk at my home. She gently squeezes the nuts through the cotton bag and it is as easy as that.

Be sure to pulse the nuts so that they are well blended, if you are using a blender.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables