Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Champion juicer and Kale??
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 31, 2006 05:09PM

Hello,
I recently purchased a champion juicer and am having quite a bit of trouble juicing my daily kale/apple/lemon/ginger cocktail. It does not seem to be ejecting the pulp causing it to back up and heat up. Has anyone else had this problem. Any Champion tips? Thanks!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Champion juicer and Kale??
Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: December 31, 2006 05:58PM

The Champion works by masticating (a tearing action) rather than by the squeezing action of the single-auger juicers. The Champion isn't the best juicer for Kale. Yes, I've had similar problems with the Champion. I used to use it years ago for juicing carrots and it did a fair job. Here recently, I bought a new Champion for my girlfriend for juicing watermelon rind (organic only) and again had similar problems to which you alluded. I think the 'trick' is the suction which the cutter has when it is put onto the shaft. I've tried filling the hole with water, and also coconut oil, before sliding it on, but have yet to solve the problem.
Perhaps someone else has the answer. The Champion Juicer has been around for 50 or 60 years, virtually unchanged.......WY

Date: January 01, 2007 10:32PM

Thanks for the info. I'm still trying to contact the company that manufactures Champion for their response. I'll let you know if I get one.

Posted by: juicin' john ()
Date: January 03, 2007 01:45PM

i recently did a thing with kale...i bought a whole case of kale from the produce store and went on a kale apple lemon and ginger program. i juiced approx 3 quart of the combination while doing about 4-5 hours of intensive walking in the fresh air an sunshine.. wow was that that a neat feeling ...kale is powerful for building up the body.

my green star breezed through the job of juicing that whole crate of kale in about 6 days. i was really jamming and it took about one half hour per day to juice up 3 quarts of my kale combo. i have owned many other juicers before finding the greestar and i can tell you using any other machine to do my kale thing would have been either impossible or terribly wasteful. using the wooden plunger i really moved thae kale through like you wouldnt believe.

jj

Date: January 06, 2007 01:05AM

Juicin' john... how much kale are you drinking in one day?

Posted by: juicin' john ()
Date: January 08, 2007 01:06PM

about 2 quarts. maybe a little more. small amount of cayenne ane garlic impart an interesting taste as well. very powerful stuff.

jj

Posted by: sodoffsocks ()
Date: January 21, 2007 02:06AM

Hi,

one thing I've found with the Champion juicer is if you are having a problem juice something, mix it with stuff the Champion is good at juicing. Stick some carrots (or apples or whatever) in until you build up the pulp inside, then put in some khale, followed by some more carrot, khale, carrot, khale, carrot, etc... This seems to work for me. Of course, if you're trying to get just khale juice and don't intend to mix it with other juices, it's not so useful.

Cheers,
Ian.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables